Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful Links

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

The cricket ireland one.

http://www.cricketeurope.net/CRICKETIRELAND/home.shtml

has links to the various sections within Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Dubhelp

The forum on the Cricket Ireland website is Dominated by the Northern Teams. Seems to be some fight going on over Armagh not paying regsitration fees or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SwearImNotPaul

Are there any good cricket forums? say ones that talk about domestic cricket in England as well as International cricket? The 365 one has been dead for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kashifpk

Thanks for providing the great list, the list you have provided is really nice and useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Dasbo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SwearImNotPaul

DotBalls - The Irish Cricket Blog
    http://dotballs.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 vutshuvo

thanks to you for your useful resources

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

some cricket blogs iv done here

excellent cricket blogger here

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

Where can one buy a DVD or Video Tape explaining cricket to a complete newbie?
    Well maybe not complete no nothing newbie, but one who would like to know more about the different terms and field positions etc. as well as scoring and many other things. I have emailed a few governing bodies but got no replies.
    Surely there is a DVD in existence that explains the game, showing players in action.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

<snip>

Almost 12 months since I posted here and with the exception of an attempt by 'shanemkelly' which I suspect was edited or blocked by 'truedub' there's no help available.
    I am truly amazed that I fail to find the information required to fully understand this game without reading reams of stuff which I have no intention of doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

wackokid wrote: »
    Almost 12 months since I posted here and with the exception of an attempt by 'shanemkelly' which I suspect was edited or blocked by 'truedub' there's no help available.
    I am truly amazed that I fail to find the information required to fully understand this game without reading reams of stuff which I have no intention of doing.

The best way to learn would be through watching the game itself I reckon.

When I started watching as an 11 yo in 2007 I hadnt the faintest clue, over time I gradually copped the various little nuances although I still dont know most of the exact fielding positions.

Anyway, if you've any questions may as well fire away and I'll try answer in as few words as possible. I've found this link that may help you

Thank you cricket fan. While watching that YouTube video I cam across a few better ones as that guy speaks too fast and that goddamn awful background music drives me insane. I can never understand why people feel this is necessary as it makes it difficult to listen to the dialogue. One or two Local Radio stations do it while giving out sports reports and.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You are most kind and thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

No problem, any specific questions fire away and I;m sure myself and a few others would be more than happy to try and answer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

wackokid wrote: »
    I know you said dvd or video, but Simon hughes book on cricket called Jargonbusting is a simple and fantastic read for explaining the test game, batting shots, types of bowlers and balls, and field placements, seriously well worth the 5€ or whatever it costs on ebay. The book is a bit dated now in terms of players and teams used for examples since it was written in 2002, but that isnt too important tbh

Advertisement