Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Shane Waldron, QB coach for the Rams, is going to be the new OC. I'd summarise what I've read so far as "quite positive" and looks like he could get more out of Russ.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Certainly from the looks of it, it is a step forward. Always hard to know but we can live in hope. Hopefully we won't be back here next year after a demoralizing playoff loss.

Article in The Athletic today detailing how unhappy Russ is with his lot and that his team have given the Seahawks a list of four teams he'd be willing to go it. He's had a few rows with Pete and feels he's not being listenes to. Its not that he's damanding a move but he us waving it in front of their faces. This seems to have some more validity than previous "Russ out" rumours and is worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Weirdest thing was that the Bears were on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

If I was the Seahawks I'd get rid of the entire coaching staff and front office rather than trading Wilson (not even getting into how the dead cap would kill them on top of it).

As a 49ers fan I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he forces his way out. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,493 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pete Carroll is a great coach, he'll sort it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Weirdest thing was that the Bears were on the list

It's why I know it's just a negotiating technique, he overplayed his hand with that nonsense. But he's after getting Chicagoans all excited. There is no way the Seahawks would trade with Chicago for him, obviously, given they couldn't get an even mediocre QB in return in the trade.

But it's irrelevant because there's no way they are letting him go anyway. If they do the whole front office should be run out of town. The impression I have from the outside is that Wilson is frustrated with his role on offense, and to be honest watching the way he was used last year, he's dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

eagle eye wrote: »
    Pete Carroll is a great coach, he'll sort it all out.

Pete Carroll is a great coach, but that doesn't mean he can sort everything out. On balance, it's difficult to see Wilson move on, but something is definitely off. I really don't understand why he would consider leaving Seattle. They are perennial contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

D9Male wrote: »
    Pete Carroll is a great coach, but that doesn't mean he can sort everything out. On balance, it's difficult to see Wilson move on, but something is definitely off. I really don't understand why he would consider leaving Seattle. They are perennial contenders.

I still think he'll stay but people seem to be forgetting how toxic things ended with Carroll and other star players recently.

Carroll is a good coach but I think he is overrated by many - with the quality of the players he has had for the last decade to me he has underachieved. They had the back to back Super Bowl trips, which were a great achievement, but in no other year did they even make a conference championship game. When you have a top 5 QB making the playoffs is really the floor you should be aiming for each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

And the 2021 schedule! We're getting closer!

September 12 at Indianapolis Colts
    September 19 Tennessee Titans
    September 26 at Minnesota Vikings
    October 3 at San Francisco 49ers
    October 7 Los Angeles Rams
    October 17 at Pittsburgh Steelers
    October 25 New Orleans Saints
    October 31 Jacksonville Jaguars
    Bye
    November 14 at Green Bay Packers
    November 21 Arizona Cardinals
    November 29 at Washington Football Team
    December 5 San Francisco 49ers
    December 12 at Houston Texans
    December 19 at Los Angeles Rams
    December 26 Chicago Bears
    January 2 Detroit Lions
    January 9 at Arizona Cardinals

• Advertisement

Pretty boring win by Seahawks standards.

1-0

Sign me up for boring wins like yesterday. I was very impressed with the performance yesterday. I'm trying to temper it after last years week 1 victory over the Falcons.

The offence looked very good, balanced making explosive plays, good pass and run protection. Fuller looked the much better center. Eskridge looked so fast, hopefully he will get through concussion protocols fine and he will know next time to just step out of bounds instead of taking that hit. Defence looked good as well which I was surprised with, the corners were a big issue for me going into the game. Next few weeks will give us a proper gauge of their ability as they come up against better receivers. Myers was perfect too.

1-0 with no injuries of note, can't ask for any more.

Yes, excellent boring start all-round. I presume the Titans will be better next week than yesterday but the offense must be licking their lips

Was hard to tell from Redzone were the Titans that bad or the Cardinals that good. Probably somewhere in between.

First game with a full crowd in Seattle for two seasons, imagine the place will be very hostile for the Titans.

Be disappointed not to get a result.

Titans O Line were terrible, our Defence is going to have to tackle Henry like mad men. AJ Brown will fancy his chances on the corners but luckily our corners get to give against DK in practice so they should know how to defend him.

I can't wait for that first titans possession and to just listen to a full Lumen crowd go crazy.

D played well against the run on Sunday night. Henry is a different beast altogether though, assuming last weekend was just some week 1 rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭al87987

Really disappointing result against the Titans, the game was wrapped up before Henry took over. First time Seattle have ever lost when they were up by 15+ at home I think.

We are the only team in the division that aren't 2-0, really can't afford any more slip ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

The manner of the defeat is really concerning. They should be 2-0 but threw it away. Gave up a lot of yards in penalties too.

On defence they just couldn't handle Henry when he got going. Pass rush was non existent for most of the game. On offence things started off well. The drive to finish the first half was excellent. But then it inexplicably died in the final quarter when they just needed to run down the clock. Things only got worse in OT. It was almost comically bad.

The only positive is that Lockett is on fire so far in 2 games.

Very unusual for Seattle to throw a game like that. The whole way through the second half felt like hanging on rather than the usual comeback.

The penalties killed them too, over 100 yards in the game.

@Vikings on Sunday who were a kick away from beating the Cardinals. Going to be a tough road game.

Well that was a game I never want to see again. Offence is fine, dropping off badly in the second half of games but not sure that is entirely on them.

The defence however is where I place all my anger towards. They are able to produce no pressure, too soft coverage on the receivers, players can't tackle in open field apart from Diggs and Wagner and when they do somehow get a stop they give away a stupid penalty to extend the drive anyway. This defence is much worse than last years, at least they were getting a pick here or there.

The team are going nowhere with such a suspect defence. Jefferson and Theilen are great receivers but they didn't even have to be contested on their catches. I saw a tweet last night that said the seahawks have 6 passes defenced over 3 games, that's horrific. If they were doing the whole bend don't break strategy that's fine but they have to not break which they have been doing for the last 6 quarters.

Looking at this defence play makes me really appreciate what we had with LOB and the guys around them. And with Shanahan and McVay ready to scheme up a nightmare for this defence I'm very worried as to where this season could be headed.

• Advertisement

The defence was probably the worst I've ever seen it in that game yesterday, just felt like they could do whatever they wanted.

Penalties and the offence stalling ain't helping either.

Going to be a tough season ahead it looks like, maybe Pete's last in charge. Huge game against the 49er's next week.

Ken Norton Jr is the problem. The defence was woeful at the start of last year too but the offence was going so well it papered over the cracks. Apparently the Bills game was a breaking point for Carroll and he stepped in and changed things. To be fair the defence was not the issue in the second half of last season with much of the same personnel.

Now it looks like Carroll he has given Norton back control to running the defence so far this year with much the same if not worse performances. They just need to cut him loose and get a better DC.

After the previous 2 games hadnt given any hope to going to the 49ers and getting a win but here we are.

2-2 at the end of the first quarter of the season and bar week 1 its hard to say when they've played well.

Short week now and the Rams on Thurs at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The first half was a tough watch I don't know how we were still in it, SF losing Garoppolo was a stroke of luck I think.

I'm still far from convinced.

Great to get the win but the 49ers got hit with injuries again and this essentially gifted the game to Seattle.

I'm not convinced either that the team has turned a corner but at least they looked a bit better on defence.

Yeah, definitely a sense of the 49ers having some bad luck throughout that game with the missing kicker and Jimmy G injury.

I'll take the win of course but the Rams on Thursday should be a much better indicator of where this Seattle team is right now.

Just watching highlights now, that hold to take away the Lockett TD right before half time looked really harsh, would have been huge to go in 14-3 up, compounded by missing the FG.

Geno looked decent to be fair to him. Dickson's Punt on the run was pretty funny.

A not unexpected loss but big work to be done if we are to make a wildcard spot, probably need to get to 10 wins so 8-4 the rest of the season. Looks tough given the division we are in and how we're playing right now.

Just finished watching highlights.

Jamal Adams simply had to make that interception at the end of the 4th.

We got lucky Metcalf's fumble didn't cost us right at the death, should have just jumped outta bounds.

Run game looked pretty good, Collins, Homer and Dallas did well.

Geno didn't make any real plays of note, ain't gonna win too many NFL games like that.

TJ Watt is a great player.

Tough sledding so far this season. Need a serious run post bye week. Probably need 6-3 from the last nine games.

Would help to start off if Rodgers missed next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Chris Carson going for season ending neck injury.

Turning 28 next year, neck injury, no guaranteed contract, might be the end we see of him.

Great player for Seattle if it is the end. Obviously a lot lower profile than Lynch but did a great job of replacing him

Advertisement