View Poll Results: Who is the Greatest MMA fighter of All Time?
Jon Jones 27 37.50%
GSP 27 37.50%
Anderson Silva 3 4.17%
Fedor 3 4.17%
Khabib 9 12.50%
Other 3 4.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

20-02-2021, 09:11   #16
Dermobrickie

I have to vote Jones, mainly because he out wrestled DC who I would have as goat status if he beat Jones.
I think his mix of win types is in matched.
Can't wait to see him at heavyweight.

Or Chuck can't forget him in the goat conversation.
Advertisement
20-02-2021, 09:23   #17
hawaii501

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfderf View Post
Jon Jones is the GOAT* without question. If questionable tests disqualify you, I'm not sure from the rest.
I don't like the guy, I think he's super obnoxious, but if Adesanya's career continues how it's going I think he'll be the GOAT. I think a win over Jan puts him ahead of Khabib.
I agree with both points on this. Adesanya has cleaned out the MW division with ease after one tough fight against Gastelum.

If he beats Jan, he's automatically ahead of Khabib for me!
(2) thanks from:
20-02-2021, 12:40   #18
derfderf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii501 View Post
I agree with both points on this. Adesanya has cleaned out the MW division with ease after one tough fight against Gastelum.

If he beats Jan, he's automatically ahead of Khabib for me!
Khabib only really had one tough fight against Tibau, and a lot think he lost that.
As great of a fight as it was, nobody thinks Kelvin won.
20-02-2021, 14:26   #19
xtal191

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfderf View Post
Jon Jones is the GOAT* without question. If questionable tests disqualify you, I'm not sure from the rest.
I don't like the guy, I think he's super obnoxious, but if Adesanya's career continues how it's going I think he'll be the GOAT. I think a win over Jan puts him ahead of Khabib.
I've a funny feeling Jan is gonna KO Adesanya
23-02-2021, 12:03   #20
chopperbyrne

Bas Rutten is definitely up there.
Advertisement
23-02-2021, 16:59   #21
yourdeadwright

GSP for me at the moment
But not sure how anyone can argue against Jones if he becomes a two weight champion ,
The jump form 205 to heavy weight is so big it'll show just how dame good of a fighter he is ,

The only reason he is not top now is the Steroids

Last edited by yourdeadwright; 23-02-2021 at 17:06.
03-03-2021, 21:44   #22
Zookey123

I wonder why Jon Jones gets away with being a drug cheat. I can't imagine in any other sport someone who has consistently been caught cheating still being considered as the sports greatest. The fact he can still compete is a joke. Lance Armstrong didn't get away with it and he had the excuse of having cancer Jones is just a horrible human.
03-03-2021, 21:51   #23
MrStuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookey123 View Post
I wonder why Jon Jones gets away with being a drug cheat. I can't imagine in any other sport someone who has consistently been caught cheating still being considered as the sports greatest. The fact he can still compete is a joke. Lance Armstrong didn't get away with it and he had the excuse of having cancer Jones is just a horrible human.
Armstrong was caught retrospectively after he retired.
03-03-2021, 22:02   #24
Zookey123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStuffins View Post
Armstrong was caught retrospectively after he retired.
Point being he was ostracized by the cycling community, lost most of his medals and I highly doubt would feature in the cycling GOAT debate. Plenty of UFC fighters have achieved great careers without cheating. IMO GSP is the best. Dominated that welterweight division for years, took some time off and finished MB (another one of my fav fighters) to become MW champ.
Advertisement
03-03-2021, 22:45   #25
Eoinbmw

GSP all day an icon and some one to aspire to be like!
A complete sportsman!
Bone Jones is a cheating scumbag and lucky to not be in jail!
Thanks from:
04-03-2021, 09:36   #26
Chairman Meow

Honestly i dont think you can legitimately say "Jon Jones is the greatest of all time" and somehow ignore all his doping fails. He was stripped of the title what, three times?? He had an entire event that had to be moved to a different state on one or two days notice just to get around doping laws so he could fight. And the "pulsing". Weve seen him on stage crying his little eyes out cause he was sooooo sad he got caught.. its not like he was caught once and there was a chance it was a false positive or something, hes been caught repeatedly, through his entire career. He his underneath the octagon from USADA all the way back in 2015!! Hes a serial cheat and while hes an amazing fighter i just dont think you can definitively say hes the GOAT while theres also a mountain of evidence that he juiced for the majority of his career.
(2) thanks from:
04-03-2021, 12:52   #27
Tazzimus

Jones and Silva are ruled out for me due to failed drug tests.
Fedor, while a beast, was revered in Pride like a god, so some of that could be questionable as well.

GSP would be my pick, with Khabib a runner up.
04-03-2021, 13:08   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Meow View Post
Honestly i dont think you can legitimately say "Jon Jones is the greatest of all time" and somehow ignore all his doping fails. He was stripped of the title what, three times?? He had an entire event that had to be moved to a different state on one or two days notice just to get around doping laws so he could fight. And the "pulsing". Weve seen him on stage crying his little eyes out cause he was sooooo sad he got caught.. its not like he was caught once and there was a chance it was a false positive or something, hes been caught repeatedly, through his entire career. He his underneath the octagon from USADA all the way back in 2015!! Hes a serial cheat and while hes an amazing fighter i just dont think you can definitively say hes the GOAT while theres also a mountain of evidence that he juiced for the majority of his career.
I completely respect that stance, but for me it's a red herring. Jones didn't even train consistently throughout his career, and while I don't doubt he's taken a heap of drugs over the years, I'd say the vast majority of them were far from performance enhancing! I wouldn't say there's a mountain of evidence that he was juiced for the majority of his career either, though the failed tests are still a big blot against his name obviously. For me the main question mark around him is how much greater his legacy should be than it currently is.
(2) thanks from:
04-03-2021, 16:27   #29
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall_Guy View Post
I completely respect that stance, but for me it's a red herring. Jones didn't even train consistently throughout his career, and while I don't doubt he's taken a heap of drugs over the years, I'd say the vast majority of them were far from performance enhancing! I wouldn't say there's a mountain of evidence that he was juiced for the majority of his career either, though the failed tests are still a big blot against his name obviously. For me the main question mark around him is how much greater his legacy should be than it currently is.

So you believe Jon was willing to risk everything for party drugs & dick pills but not on drugs to give himself an edge ……..nah man I don't buy that,
05-03-2021, 08:11   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourdeadwright View Post
So you believe Jon was willing to risk everything for party drugs & dick pills but not on drugs to give himself an edge ……..nah man I don't buy that,
I think he may have been willing to use PEDs for sure. But if he was intentionally doping, I just don't see how a lad who skipped training for months and was drinking and doing Coke in the weeks immediately leading up to his biggest fights would have been using them in a way to actually reap the benefits in a meaningful way.

From a moral or principled point of view you could say it doesn't matter and that a cheat is a cheat, but I'm just looking at who I think was the greatest fighter of all time, and I'm doubtful that any drugs cheating he engaged in would have been difference maker for him in that debate, given the big handicaps he placed on his own performances from his recreational activities.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion