Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ancestry slow?

• 18-02-2021 7:52pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is anyone else finding Ancestry quite slow in recent days?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

I haven't used it a whole lot recently but when I did it seemed fine. I had an issue with the messages a couple of weeks back but that seems to be fixed now. Fixed as in it's back to being absolutely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭VirginiaB

Seems slow to me. I'm on it almost every day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'm on it every day myself and it's tortuously slow the past few days to the point of timing out or not fully loading pages such that they look loaded but the Save button doesn't work for instance.

I might try ringing them in the morning.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

I've just tried it - seems OK on name searching but there definitely an issue with the DNA side as on several matches I'm getting a message "MyName does not yet have any matches in common with Xname"

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BottleOfSmoke

Sometimes I switch to the .com site (the page suggests you go to .co.uk but doesn't force it).
    That's worked for me, especially if the messages are timing out when trying to open them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Well I rang them and just got the usual suggestions to clear my history or try a different browser. :(

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm finding it a bit slower than usual. I am also getting a number of 'not found' pages on findmypast that are fine when I refresh the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 danoH

Finding the whole Ancestry searching business V frustrating -any progress I have made has been using sites like this and other sites /sources- Census,Rootsireland etc

Advertisement