Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Compound bow string (information)

• 13-04-2020 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I need to replace the bowstring on my 55lb compound bow.
    I was adjusting the peep sight on the string and looks like some of the strings became frayed.
    Looking online to replace the string and there are lots of strings available for recurved bows but very few available for compound bows.

I have a portable bow press. Given the current pandemic going to an archery shop for several months may not be an option.
    Just wondering if anyone has any information or experience with replacing compound bow strings? What to look out for and whats the difference between the two bow types? Im guessing you cannot use a recurved bow string in a compound bow.....

My bow is an SAS 55 lb Compound Bow in case anyone was wondering.
    Still learning to shoot it but having a lot of fun learning to put the arrow on target. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

A quick google shows you can get a direct replacement, mainly from US sellers. Using a freightforwarding service so its delivered to a US address is probably your best bet.

Compound strings are always made to measure for the specific bow. Recurve strings tend to be generic sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭renas

had you give a call to the archeryshop.ie ?? owner is very helpful in any situation, so just tell him the exact size of the string and im sure he will make it for you ,he can leave it somewhere for you if you ask so you dont need to worry about social distance at that point

Advertisement