Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 MLB Postseson Thread

12346»

Comments

• Igotadose wrote: »
    Well, that's where they are today. Not looking good for the Dodgers, might be hard to get a win at this point. Still, teams come back from down 2-0.

I'd give the Dodgers about a 5% chance now. Need to get the Sweep at home. Not impossible, but very tough.
    At least I should get to see some of the game on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Media having a field day around Dave Roberts' lineup decisions and pitching changes. Certainly pulling Ryu when he did seemed a bit strange. He also started the first 2 games without the top 4 HR hitters from the regular season in the lineup (first time in WS history). Looks like Dodgers are paying a bit too much attention to analytics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I'd give the Dodgers about a 5% chance now. Need to get the Sweep at home. Not impossible, but very tough.
    At least I should get to see some of the game on Friday night.

Get see anything other then a Red Sox win at this stage. Leaning towards 4-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

IMO the Dodgers will have the advantage on the mound in game three and four(presuming Hill starts) and game 5 a toss up with Sale and Kershaw going at it again. Dodgers could easily turn it around but definitely need momentum so they really have to win game three. Expect alot of pressure in the game, could be a corker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Both games have been terrific so far in fairness. Shaping up to be an epic series

• Advertisement

• Wooo, Dodgers avoided defeat last night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Buehler is pitching some great stuff tonight...shutout through 6 & looks to have more in the tank!

13th inning now. Some tired looking swings out there. Come on Red Sox!

Red Sox must be really kicking themselves they didn't win it in the 13th. Great effort by Nunez though!

Red Sox must be really kicking themselves they didn't win it in the 13th. Great effort by Nunez though!

Yeah his hustle forced the error. Kinsler's throw was just terrible though. That was the chance to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Fun still to come. 17th inning 1/2 done. I guess there's some good things about west coast night baseball after all.

:|

Deflated

And... the Dodgers get one. Walk-off HR by Muncy off of Eovaldi, bottom of the 18th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There goes Evoldi’s next start too.

Some performance by the Dodgers to hang in there inning after inning with their season essentially on the line. It will be interesting to see what the Red Sox do pitching wise, they need Sale for game 5 so they will probably have to look at starting Pomeranz or maybe Rodriguez and rolling into a bullpen game early if that don't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,192 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I went to bed around the beginning of the 7th inning when the Dodgers led 1-0 and thought I was still dreaming when I woke up this morning and saw the game was still going on and it was tied 2-2.

Just saw Kinsler's throw. He had a lot more time than he thought he had. Could have steadied himself a bit. Horrible throw all the same. It wasn't even close. He'll be praying the RS still win the series or else his name will go down with Buckner.

Losing Evoldi's start on top of losing the gane is a blow to the RS as he's been their most reliable pitcher recently.

I watched the first 2 innings then woke in the 13th with Boston up 1 and the bases loaded so just presumed that was that. So I was very surprised to see the way the game finished up and how long it went.

I watched until end of 16th and then went to bed (on the West coast). It was an epic game that had everything really. Easy to forget too that an error led to Red Sox run in 13th so I guess the luck evened out. I think the complexion of the whole series has changed now that Eovaldi was left in there for so long. If Dodgers get back to 2-2 then they have a real chance imo.

The real winner from last night was Eovaldi. He's about to hit FA and his stock has ballooned in the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

What a game tonight! Some ninth inning by the Red Sox.
    Roberts changes were a disaster for the Dodgers.
    Madson has left every inherited runner score!

I wonder if the Dodgers will move Dave Roberts on after this - his decisions have been baffling, particularly taking Hill out exactly when he did.

• Advertisement

I wonder if the Dodgers will move Dave Roberts on after this - his decisions have been baffling, particularly taking Hill out exactly when he did.
    This...was watching and Hill was cruising and could easily have finished the inning. Once the game was handed over to the bullpen it quickly unravelled for them. They need Kershaw to show up tonight if they want to extend the series...

Even Trump was chiming in on that decision.

Red Sox win it all, only fitting as the best team in baseball. Price was lights out again tonight and finally seems to have broken his postseason curse.

Steve Pearce got series MVP, well deserved for him too, though Price would have been a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

Not a Red Sox fan, but it was so satisfying to see the last out being a Machado strikeout with him on his knees. He has been a prick this postseason.

Well deserved for Boston, by far the best team all year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Thidp wrote: »
    Not a Red Sox fan, but it was so satisfying to see the last out being a Machado strikeout with him on his knees. He has been a prick this postseason.

Well deserved for Boston, by far the best team all year.

Disappointing World Series when compared to the last couple.

Congrats to the Red Sox. They were just far too good

Playoff baseball can be a bit of a crap shoot at times so it is nice when the best team wins out.

Congrats to Boston and their fans on here and commiserations to Griffin Damaged Geometry!

SF Giants media enjoyed last night anyway

https://twitter.com/NBCSGiants/status/1056746885044625408

SF Giants media enjoyed last night anyway
    All these media types and teams woofing today - is your team in the WS? Did they win? If not, how sad for you.

Boston seemed unstoppable almost from the start of the season and were relentless. I picked the Dodgers to win 1 game in the WS, it took them 18 innings and last licks to make it happen. Didn't stop the Red Sox.

And, yeah, I'd love to have some of the problems the Dodgers will have in the offseason on my team, as well as their budget and ownership.

Congratulations, Red Sox fans. Now, it's only 114 days till Spring Training 2019!

• Congrats to the Red Sox.
    Happy it's over. Couldn't deal with defeat being drawn out any further.

Looking forward to this off season. Dodgers cleared money last season to make a go at the free agents available.
    Definitely see some changes coming. I'd keep Dave Roberts in charge for another season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

After some terrible decisions the rumors are starting that the Dodgers will fire manager Dave Roberts and hire Mike Scioscia.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Advertisement