Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA / JSB Waiting times Survey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

crushproof wrote: »
    I've been waiting since the start of June for mine and still no sign of it...trust me, the patience is wearing thin!!

Christ... Guess the first fella I spoke to wasn't such a gombeen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cprh

Hey folks,

I signed on in Maynooth on the 28th of May, and was told I needed a means test for JA.

After 16 weeks (3 weeks ago now), I was means tested in Ballyfermot.

All documents, self employed accounts, etc etc etc.

I explained the decline in trade, but the girl interviewing me is not the person who makes the final decision. I had supplied all relevent documents originally, so the interview brought up no new issues, and seemed irrelevent to me.

Anyway, it's 19 weeks this Thursday. I still haven't heard or been given any indication of time scale.

I am dreading a horror story scenario of €20 per week or something ridiculous. There is no incentive to entrepeneurship if there is no social safety net, at least on a par with employees standards.

By the way, I made a loss last year and the year before getting burned by the onset of the global meltdown, and was in college in years previous so they are not relevent.

I have no investments, savings, stocks shares etc etc.

All I have is a big pile of failed investment capital debt to service on no income.

Declaring bankrupcy is not an option as the debt is in my personal name and would not be written off.

Can anyone tell me what to expect?

How many more weeks?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It shouldn't be too much longer, you've had your means test interview and it generally seems to come through within a month of that.

Unless you're under 25 and living at home or living with a partner who is earning money, you should be eligible for the full 204 since you have no other income.

If you are still waiting a week and a half from now, I'd head down to the office and make sure everything is in order.

Xiney wrote: »
    It shouldn't be too much longer, you've had your means test interview and it generally seems to come through within a month of that.

Unless you're under 25 and living at home or living with a partner who is earning money, you should be eligible for the full 204 since you have no other income.

If you are still waiting a week and a half from now, I'd head down to the office and make sure everything is in order.

Good to know Xiney, cheers.

I am over 25 but did have to move home, I was asked about parents in interview but I thought the 25 ruloe applied regardless of their means or income?

ANy ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If you're over 25 then their income won't be taken into account for your means test.

• Advertisement

Xiney wrote: »
    If you're over 25 then their income won't be taken into account for your means test.

Ok, Hopefully so.

UNder serious pressure from banks here.

Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RollergirlEP

Blanchardstown, went in for the first time 30th September, told to come back for an appointment on the 6th October. Went in and was told my money would be waiting for me in the post office on Friday the 9th. Very pleased. It was JSB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lemon head

Went into the social welfare last Tuesday and today i got a letter saying my JSB is ready!! Couple of days....well pleased!!!:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

i first went in on the 3rd of july and got a letter yesterday to say my application was approved

beartooth wrote: »
    i first went in on the 3rd of july and got a letter yesterday to say my application was approved

Was that for JSB or JSA with the means test?

Also, which branch are you? It seems to vary drastically accross the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Blackie

applied back in june , was told i need to bring in letter from college after everything eventually managed to bring it in at start on sept , now october 12, applied for jsa yet because i told them i wanted to return to college in sept they could not process my jsa untill i got a letter stating i have been accepted in college ? * confused*, then i was told to fill out a back to college form , i have been going in there for the past few weeks asking when do i get an answer as i have no money coming in now as i lost any part time money coming in so being waiting 4 and a half months you could say , and today because i have no money for anything including food im taking a trip to what i found out on this site the community welfare officer to beg for food money before going to college, last time i was in there friday they told me , were "still only processing people who applied in feb" what a joke oh and i was told "im holding up the queue" how insulting is that ,i wish that cow was in my situation and see how she would take that it fing hurts b treated like that

beartooth wrote: »

This was in the Bishops Square office in Dublin 2. it was JCA without the means test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 niall1986

Applied 10th of july, received backpay and weekly rate today.

Does anyone know how i find out where and when i have to sign on?? it didnt mention anything on the letter i got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Applied for disability benefit the week of the 21st September, got a letter a week later saying it is being processed, haven't heard anything since

Anyway the reason i came on here was to ask if disability payments are back paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 McKennas

Does anyone know the current wait time in Dun Laoghaire, South Co. Dublin? The first bloke I saw in there said 4 months (which I was aghast at but didn't feel in a position to argue), when I had to go in a second time to bring a couple more documents, the girl I saw said 4 to 6 weeks. Am really hoping the second girl was right... :confused:

did u apply for JSA or JSB mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 suzanne01

Partner went in for the first time on monday 12th October, told to come back following day for an appointment on the 13th October. Went in and was told money would be waiting for him in the post office on Friday the 16th. That was JSB in Dublin 1 Kings Inn Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

NAVAN: AN ETERNITY!!

I'm STILL waiting for claim and backpayment to be processed back to SEPT 2008. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I know someone who's still waiting for a back payment + their first two weeks payments.

They applied in April and got the letter of approval in August. It'll probably be a while longer before they get those payments though, I would assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Went into Maynooth Sept 14th and got my first payment in the post office last Friday the 9th of October.

Best of luck everyone who's waiting

it sounds to me like they need more staff? this waiting 20 weeks **** must be a nightmare, i think i'll ask them do they need any staff.....its clear that they do actually!! i was on JSB, but it finished on the 16th SEP, i was means Tested 4 months ago for the JSA, im told i will recieve a letter in the post to confirm details, but there should have been no delay, hence the means test 4 month ago...they are under serious pressure in those offices, so i cant complain.but i can apply for a job there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Quick question that didn't warrant it's own thread...I applied for JSA and JSB ( I am eligible for JSB but was told that I may get more from JSA and thus they would means test me) 6 weeks ago. No word yet - am I allowed to waive my right to JSA and simply ask for the JSB asap?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

McKennas wrote: »
    did u apply for JSA or JSB mate?

McKennas - I applied for JSA, so I know it's means tested, so I know it takes longer... but this 4 months lark? *sigh*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

What exactly is the means test interview? Near the start of my application I was given an appointment at the Welfare office and had to go in to a booth and give them all my documents and explain my situation etc, is that it?

McKennas - I applied for JSA, so I know it's means tested, so I know it takes longer... but this 4 months lark? *sigh*

well i was means Tested about 4 months ago, while i was on Benefit, i was suprised i got means tested so early (as my benefit was not up untill 4 months after the means test) but i was told it was been done then to avoid any Delays for when the time comes (when my benefit was up), and as ya would expect ive been waiting a month now ...I wish they just had common sense down there, ive rang them, but most times they just hang up. or i get some bloke who says "im just on the switch so i cant tell ya anything .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ak51535

well does anyone know the waiting times for JSB in waterford?
    sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭crushproof

Finally finally finally.....got the letter to say collect all that lovely cash tomorrow. I can finally get the loan sharks off my back :rolleyes:

Now ets hope I'm not waiting as long for a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Just got a letter from the Navan road there that I can commence claiming JSB from Friday, so it was all sorted in just under 8 weeks. :)

Cprh wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I signed on in Maynooth on the 28th of May, and was told I needed a means test for JA.

After 16 weeks (3 weeks ago now), I was means tested in Ballyfermot.

All documents, self employed accounts, etc etc etc.

I explained the decline in trade, but the girl interviewing me is not the person who makes the final decision. I had supplied all relevent documents originally, so the interview brought up no new issues, and seemed irrelevent to me.

Anyway, it's 19 weeks this Thursday. I still haven't heard or been given any indication of time scale.

I am dreading a horror story scenario of €20 per week or something ridiculous. There is no incentive to entrepeneurship if there is no social safety net, at least on a par with employees standards.

By the way, I made a loss last year and the year before getting burned by the onset of the global meltdown, and was in college in years previous so they are not relevent.

I have no investments, savings, stocks shares etc etc.

All I have is a big pile of failed investment capital debt to service on no income.

Declaring bankrupcy is not an option as the debt is in my personal name and would not be written off.

Can anyone tell me what to expect?

How many more weeks?

Thanks.

So, it took 22 weeks altogether.

I got the full rate, but they only back dated it to the 4th of July and not the 27th of May, so I effectively missed out on 8 weeks give or take.

They didn't really explain why except that it had something to do with my means test.

I am fairly happy that I'm on the full rate now though.

Hope this helps anyone still waiting.

By the way - absolutely anyone who has a social welfare payment application "pending" can apply to the local CWO Community Welfare Officer for an interim payment or set of payments until you are processed.

Don't go hungry!!!!!!!!

well i decided to go down to the Welfare Office on Thurs to Get an Update on my situation (waiting for JSA) as ive stated i was means tested 4 months ago and was told it was to avoid any Dealys, its been 3 weeks since i was approved (but heard nothig afer the woman said ide recieve a letter in the the first week of October) so im sitting there and the woman is looking for my file for ages, she eventually found it, and her words were " Well evertyhings ok, who were u dealing with" i told her who the girl was and she looked up to the heavens and said that explains it..basically the other girl done nothing about it, just stuffed it into the cabinet and left it there...so my advice is: GO DOWN TO THE OFFICE TO MAKE SURE THEY HAVE YOUR FILE IN ORDER, because if ya dont ya could be left there for YEARS :eek:

• Advertisement

i received my JCA yesterday after first going in on the 3/7/2009 so that was an 18 week wait in the Bishops Square office in dublin 2

Advertisement