Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GLS tracking

Options
  • 24-06-2020 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Does GLS tracking work??

I've 2 parcels coming via them

One is from Germany other is local, neither supplied tracking numbers show any progress,

The german one acknowledges the item but they are waiting for it, over a week

And the local one isn't recognised

I hate this crowd used to have to deal with them when they did parcel force deliveries thankfully parcel motel save me from that these days,

If I was told they would be using this shower I'd have cancelled the order

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Usually the tracking does work yes.

Do the tracking codes confirm that the details are correct?
    Did you get an email confirming the delivery address and the expected date?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I have a parcel coming from Northern Ireland (Belfast) posted on the morning of the 8th July - still no show. Days of emails and tweets to Parcelforce to find out what has happened - hanging about the house as there's nobody else here to take it in. Temper severely tested as it's a valuable item.

Today (13th July) Twitter message from Parcelforce to say it had been handed to GLS for delivery. Input parcel number into GLS system to find it was undelivered because it was missing an Eircode!! Now back in the depot in Carlow and the best that they can say is delivery within the next two days!!! More proof, if it was needed, of the nonsensical way the once reliable postal system operates within the British Isles. If I had wanted it sent by courier/hacker I would have organised it that way - it was posted!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement