Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special needs classroom assistant kilester college

• 20-07-2019 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

. If I can't get the back to education allowance from the social welfare I won't be able to attend this course at kilester College so I hoped someone might be able to tell me that if I do anyone of the large number of online level 5 sna courses that I would complete over the summer would that be enough to get me a full time position as an sna classroom assistant in Ireland ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are they full Level 5 awards or just components? Who certifies them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 balbriggan123

spurious wrote: »
    Are they full Level 5 awards or just components? Who certifies them?

Chevron training qqi level 5 sna online course. It won't let me post the url or screenshot

Chevron training qqi level 5 sna online course. It won't let me post the url or screenshot

https://www.portobelloinstitute.ie/booking/SpecialNeedsAssistantParttime-QQILevel5ComponentCertificate-EYS5-227/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They look like particular modules of a level 5 but not the full award. Perhaps I am reading it wrong.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    They look like particular modules of a level 5 but not the full award. Perhaps I am reading it wrong.

Thanks for your help with this. I Understand that I need to have passed 8 subjects to get the award of qqi level 5 sna classroom assistant. As in the 8 subjects that are listed on the kilester college sna course description (see screenshot). I already hold a level 5 from a health care asisant course (I've worked in elderly homecare +nursing homes) I done a year ago. There are only 3 subjects on the sna course list that I have not already done yet 1-understanding special needs . 2-intellectual disability studies and 3- creative arts for early childhood. If I can find an online course which has those 3 subjects only and I pass it does that mean I am considered to have all 8 subjects needed to have passed the 8 modules required for the qqi level 5 sna classroom assistant course and can get a job as a sna classroom assistant without any issues?

If you already have the other components, I think you should be alright with the add-on modules, but perhaps double check with QQI if you could.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Black Cherry

BFEI (Blackrock) run a Special Needs Assistant course. You would be exempt from any modules you've already done so might only need to take 2 or 3 to get the full award.

Advertisement