Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sounds From A Safe Harbour 2019 - Cork - September 12th to 15th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

OMG, I so want two tickets for Damien Rice, to go with my gf. Anyone in need of a clean liver? ;) But seriously, he only performs once in a blue moon and it's sooo hard to get tickets. Not fair. PM me if you have a spare ticket or two. Optimistic, I know. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭ngunners

jacQues wrote: »
    OMG, I so want two tickets for Damien Rice, to go with my gf. Anyone in need of a clean liver? ;) But seriously, he only performs once in a blue moon and it's sooo hard to get tickets. Not fair. PM me if you have a spare ticket or two. Optimistic, I know. :D

I got in to the sold out National gig at the last SFSH by queueing up on the night. Eventually got let in half an hour before they took to the stage. Might be worth a try.

About 20-30 other people did the same and as far as I know everyone got in. We had to pay of course.

ngunners wrote: »
    I got in to the sold out National gig at the last SFSH by queueing up on the night. Eventually got let in half an hour before they took to the stage. Might be worth a try.

About 20-30 other people did the same and as far as I know everyone got in. We had to pay of course.

Thanks for the tip!

Paying is not a problem, but the distance to Cork is as I don't live in Ireland anymore. :o If we don't get in, it will be a let down. I'll sure discuss the option with her. Maybe book another gig (not on the 13th) and give the queue a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭fafy

jacQues wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip!

Paying is not a problem, but the distance to Cork is as I don't live in Ireland anymore. :o If we don't get in, it will be a let down. I'll sure discuss the option with her. Maybe book another gig (not on the 13th) and give the queue a go.

I understand he has a new album due in the next few months, nothing official yet, but he has 3 new tracks on his social media in recent weeks, and lots of recording has already been done, so it certainly looks positive for a new album, and i am sure, a big tour will follow that release, with more easily accesible venues for you.

Should be the next batch of announcements for SFASH soon, they mentioned more coming last week.

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    I understand he has a new album due in the next few months, nothing official yet, but he has 3 new tracks on his social media in recent weeks, and lots of recording has already been done, so it certainly looks positive for a new album, and i am sure, a big tour will follow that release, with more easily accesible venues for you.

Thanks a million!

A new album and tour? WOW! That would be utterly fantastic!! I really should videotape my gf's reaction to this. (but won't :p)

Possibly a totally wild rumour, but a few people have mentioned Thom Yorke as a possible act at the festival. He announced more solo gigs today, in late September and October, that would be something if he was at this festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hmm, that's me interested again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

My money is on a play or something of that sort taking place over 3 days before/after the festival.

Last time, a lot was made of Cillian Murphy and Enda Walsh being involved in the programming but I don't remember them actually doing an awful lot other than hosting some Q&A sessions.

• Advertisement

Very interesting. Ny guess is :
    additional events + repeat events for Damien Rice & Feist. A lot of people were left dissapointed, several apologies issued adter the ticket disaster. It may have taken a while to make the arrangements, and now they have.

It says extended so this is likely to mean after the cirrent end date of Sunday September 15th.

Very interesting. Ny guess is :
    additional events + repeat events for Damien Rice & Feist. A lot of people were left dissapointed, several apologies issued adter the ticket disaster. It may have taken a while to make the arrangements, and now they have.

It says extended so this is likely to mean after the cirrent end date of Sunday September 15th.

Maybe - hopefully! They were posting about Feist during the week. Said that they were thrilled to have her, but said "Expect her to surprise us at other places and spaces throughout the weekend."

I guessed that was them making amends for everyone who missed out on tix but maybe they have something else planned.

I know COH are involved here but this isn't the first time that the ticketing fiasco has happened - surely for big events, they should use uticket or some other system. How hard could it be?

Maybe - hopefully! They were posting about Feist during the week. Said that they were thrilled to have her, but said "Expect her to surprise us at other places and spaces throughout the weekend."

I guessed that was them making amends for everyone who missed out on tix but maybe they have something else planned.

I know COH are involved here but this isn't the first time that the ticketing fiasco has happened - surely for big events, they should use uticket or some other system. How hard could it be?

Cork Opera House has a drama event on from 16th to 21st, so they may need an alternate venue, Both Cyprus Avenue and Saint Lukes seem to be available.

Of course, they could start on Monday 10th for 7 days, and Venue is free on those days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

From FB
    #SFSH19 will now take place from 10-15 Sept.
    We are delighted to add 3 extra dates for the Cork debut of the acclaimed production of Teac Damsa Swan Lake / Loch na hEala. Featuring 13 world-class performers, including actor Mikel Murfi and brand new cast member Rosaleen Linehan, Swan Lake/Loch na hEala is interwoven with storytelling, song and live music from Dublin based band Slow Moving Clouds. It's incredible, we are thrilled to be bringing it to Cork.

Tues 10 ,Wed 11, Thurs 12 / Cork Opera House / 8pm / €30*

Also announcing 4 amazing Live Music shows......

CaoimhRaghallaigh with Thomas Bartlett Album Launch.
    Fri 13 Sept / Live at St lukes / 6pm / €30*

3 nights at award winning Live music venue Coughlan's Live.
    Fri 13 Sept / La Force / 7pm / €12.50*
    Sat 14 Sept / melissa laveaux / 7pm / €12.50*
    Sun 15 Sept / Rosie Carney / 7pm / €12.50*

Presume that this won't satisfy anyone who was hoping for more Feist or the addition of Bon Iver - SFSH starts early for Swan Lake...
    Sounds from a Safe Harbour
    16 mins ·
    �� #SFSH19 will now take place from 10-15 Sept. ��

�� We are delighted to add 3 extra dates for the Cork debut of the acclaimed production of Teac Damsa Swan Lake / Loch na hEala. Featuring 13 world-class performers, including actor Mikel Murfi and brand new cast member Rosaleen Linehan, Swan Lake/Loch na hEala is interwoven with storytelling, song and live music from Dublin based band Slow Moving Clouds. It's incredible, we are thrilled to be bringing it to Cork.

��Tues 10 ,Wed 11, Thurs 12 / Cork Opera House / 8pm / €30*

Also announcing 4 amazing Live Music shows......

�� Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh with Thomas Bartlett Album Launch.
    ��Fri 13 Sept / Live at St lukes / 6pm / €30*

�� 3 nights at award winning Live music venue Coughlan's Live.

��Fri 13 Sept / La Force / 7pm / €12.50*
    ��Sat 14 Sept / mélissa laveaux / 7pm / €12.50*
    ��Sun 15 Sept / Rosie Carney / 7pm / €12.50*

All tickets are sold individually. ( * + booking fee.)
    Tickets for all 5 shows will go on sale 10am Fri 28th June from www.soundsfromasafeharbour.com

#SFSH19

Presume that this won't satisfy anyone who was hoping for more Feist or the addition of Bon Iver - SFSH starts early for Swan Lake...

Thomas Bartlett event and Swan Lake event look very interesting. This has always been a diverse festival, and it continues to be.

Thomas Bartlett event and Swan Lake event look very interesting. This has always been a diverse festival, and it continues to be.

Yep, I love the fact that it continues to be totally unexpected and diverse - I likely won't be buying tickets to some of these (although La Force or Rosie Carney might be worth a look) but it's a great mix.

I just meant that on the back of the first announcement, there was some disappointment that it wasn't a repeat of 2017 with Bon Iver and the National. I had never expected it to be (though I did expect Big Red Machine, which I was wrong about). But adding Swan Lake or Caoimhin O Raghallaigh is unlikely to make someone who wanted Bon Iver any less disappointed!

Below is from the press release - might be interesting tbf!
    On a new self-titled album, released by The Dwelling / Real World Records 13th September, they unite to create an LP of exceptional beauty.

Bartlett on piano and Ó Raghallaigh on Hardanger d'amore, will perform a special show as part of Sounds From a Safe Harbour at Live at St Luke’s on Saturday 14th September. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting new project.

Teaċ Daṁsa’s acclaimed production of Swan Lake/Loch na hEala makes it’s Cork debut from 10th to 12th September at Cork Opera House. The production premiered at the 2016 Dublin Theatre Festival, for which it won the Irish Times Best Production Award, captivating both audiences and critics alike, and has since toured extensively nationally, and internationally to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Hong Kong, South Korea, UK, Germany, Denmark, Luxembourg and Moscow.

Performed by a company of 13 world-class performers, including actor Mikel Murfi and new cast member Rosaleen Linehan, Swan Lake/Loch na hEala is interwoven with storytelling, song and live music. Dublin based band Slow Moving Cloud’s score combines Nordic and Irish traditional music with minimalist and experimental influences. With powerful imagery, this Swan Lake is rooted in the Midlands of Ireland where ancient mythology and the modern world collide.

Defintely going to go for Swan Lake- with a modern take, Thomas Bartlett always worth a look, and might try for Rosie Carney also.

Could be busy for tomorrows onsale at 10am,
    I hope they have sorted out the Cork Opera House online system, a disaster for Damien Rice & Feist.

Defintely going to go for Swan Lake- with a modern take, Thomas Bartlett always worth a look, and might try for Rosie Carney also.

Could be busy for tomorrows onsale at 10am,
    I hope they have sorted out the Cork Opera House online system, a disaster for Damien Rice & Feist.

Yep - any tickets going spare would be greatly appreciated... :mad:

• Advertisement

More Additions announced …

3 Shows / 3 Nights / Dali Cork

@Jon_Hopkins_ / Thurs 12 Sept
    @RomareMusic/ Fri 13 Sept
    @newjacksonmusic / Sat 14 Sept

On Sale 26 July. Ticket info to follow #SFSH19

Jon Hopkins! :D:D:D

by chance went to look for Feist Tickets and looks like a number of tickets available in Dress circle ( ignore Sold Out ) on the OH website if anyone has any interest ! I did not do a full check out but I was able to add tickets to a basket so looks like they are available ...

As a follow up to this...

Tickets sold out the day before I got paid. :(

Some Damien Rice tickets also available in Upper Circle ….

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Niallfitz1

Anyone selling tickets to damien rice cork concert or know will there be another date happen

Niallfitz1 wrote: »
    Anyone selling tickets to damien rice cork concert or know will there be another date happen

There will not be another date. However, some tickets have already come up for sale, half thetickets were not sold, but held by festival organisers, so there is a chance more will come up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

elevator music

Only one of the two confirmed Everman gigs have been announced. Saturday September 14th has still not been announced, so very curious to see what this could be.

• Advertisement

The previously “sold out” Feist gig has about 40 tickets onsale now.

Just like Damien Rice, about half the tickets were held by festival organisers, and now some of these being released for sale.

https://www.corkoperahouse.ie/en-GB/events/feist/2019-9-14_22.00/cork%20opera%20house?hallmap

Advertisement