Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Well it looks like the Internet has gone insane saying how bad this trailer is and that it has given away the whole movie.. I seriously doubt that we've seen anything from the second half of the movie in that trailer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I honestly don’t get what people were expecting. There’s a lot not being shown in that trailer.

I’m still looking forward to it. I love all of the Jurassic Park/World movies. Even the third one. Pure popcorn movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Only good thing about that trailer was Dr Ian Malcolm back in what looks like a fleeting appearance..

.. fell asleep in the cinema at the first JW (the one time I've ever fallen asleep in the cinema in probably 25/years), so I'm gonna give this a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

I'm just to cynical and critical of movies lately, i think from now on i'm just going to view the future Jurassic series as the old 60's and 70's

japanese Godzilla movies and just enjoy it for what it is, a "Monster Movie".

I have not seen the new trailer and i won't, i'm not even going to read what the plot line is and just hope for a good Monster flick.

I saw Jurassic World sat in the same row as two young teenagers. During the whole movie they got excited, got scared, screamed in various parts, but thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

It's closer to Jurassic Park 3 than Jurassic Park 1, but geared more towards the teen market than any JP movie. And it worked for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

So lazy. They're going to rescue dinosaurs so they obviously need BDH and Pratt from the first movie, some young kids just along for the ride a team of expendable militia and a plan that falls apart because they forgot to take into account how unpredictable DINOSAURS are.

And don't forget Teus Rex Machina.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I find it highly unlikely that an ageing T-Rex would attack another apex predator like a Carnotaurus in those circumstances. Must still be banging of guilt after eating your man on the sh*tter all those years ago and still trying to redeem herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭brevity

The Reddit thread on this trailer reeks of disappointment but my expectations are so low that I thought it was fine.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks grand, might be enjoyable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭conorhal

Looking at the plot synopsis, it seems that they have taken all the most eye rollingly dumb elements of Jurassic World and formed the central plot around them.
    The military seem to be intent on stealing the dinosaurs for their dino warfare project, wouldn't the be better off exploring drone tech? And we back to 'smart, friendly trained raptors', jebus this looks awful.
    The less said about 'running away from pyroclastic clouds of super heated ash pouring out of volcano's' the better....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

conorhal wrote: »
    Looking at the plot synopsis, it seems that they have taken all the most eye rollingly dumb elements of Jurassic World and formed the central plot around them.
    The military seem to be intent on stealing the dinosaurs for their dino warfare project, wouldn't the be better off exploring drone tech? And we back to 'smart, friendly trained raptors', jebus this looks awful.
    The less said about 'running away from pyroclastic clouds of super heated ash pouring out of volcano's' the better....

Don't forget those stupid mobile spheres - please let there be some Dino Footie!

That is one bizarre, badly-paced trailer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man, that whole 'running away from a giant CGI (dust)cloud' set piece continues to look so fake, I really don't know why it persists in blockbusters as a minor trope.

As to the trailer, meh. It looks like a blockbuster. Goldblum's moments came off awfully phoned-in, and disconnected from the main action so I'm wondering if it was an expensive, 1-day shoot to ram in some nostalgia bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bit of a weird premise and I guess I'd worry about what actually could be there, in terms of story, apart from what was shown.

Anyway, I'd be excited for it. I've enjoyed everyone that has come out including the last one which I just re-watched recently and still thought was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm going to be one of the few here who actually liked it. For some reason i thought it was going to be about turning dinosaurs into weapons for wars so pleasantly surprised unless they have that for part 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Trevorrow has confirmed on Twitter that all the trailer footage is from the first 57 minutes of the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Trevorrow has confirmed on Twitter that all the trailer footage is from the first 57 minutes of the film.

I wish more films would do this and stop showing scenes from later on, especially when they often show scenes from the climax of the film.

But in reality it's probably a pretty bad idea from an advertising point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

this looks awful being honest, but bryce dallas howard looks fantastic as always

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

also did the black mirror fans smile at the start of the trailer???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I wish more films would do this and stop showing scenes from later on, especially when they often show scenes from the climax of the film.

But in reality it's probably a pretty bad idea from an advertising point of view.

It's pretty much the norm for teaser trailers to not reveal much, especially when the film is 7 months away from release and the visual effects from the second half of the film aren't finished yet. I also suspect directors/producers tend to have more input into the early marketing material but as release approaches the grown-ups take over. Either way I think we can be assured that the next trailer when it arrives will spoil every major set-piece and most of the plot.

• Advertisement

I'll go to see it because it has dinosaurs, Jeff Goldblum and the music of John Williams, but scene for scene it looks like a reboot or a retelling of JP2 : The Lost World. The plot looks almost identical.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

denartha wrote: »
    I'll go to see it because it has dinosaurs, Jeff Goldblum and the music of John Williams, but scene for scene it looks like a reboot or a retelling of JP2 : The Lost World. The plot looks almost identical.

The first Jurassic world was a nod to the first Jurassic Park so maybe this will be a nod to the lost world.

It makes sense they’re going down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

Loughc wrote: »
    The first Jurassic world was a nod to the first Jurassic Park so maybe this will be a nod to the lost world.

But why? Jurassic Park is well lauded. The Lost World is...not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Normally just switch off the brain and enjoy these, but JW was on a whole new level....

Won't be bothering with the new one..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Loughc wrote: »

Fallen/Lost
    Kingdom/World

Rehashy reboot, dollar in the bank.

I'd nearly stake my collection of Dinosaur magazines from the 90's and my almost complete glow in the dark T Rex skeleton that there will be a second team there, headed by someone that is also in that senate(?) scene with Ian Malcolm, tasked with capturing dinos.

Barring the gymnastics, I liked JP2, but the book deserved a better movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Inviere

pixelburp wrote: »
    Goldblum's moments came off awfully phoned-in, and disconnected from the main action

He's sitting in what appears to be a courtroom/boardroom, arguing legal precedent with a bunch of suits...while the lead is running from a pyroclastic flow surrounded by panicking dinosaurs jumping off a cliff...a slight disconnect is to be expected I suppose :p

• Registered Users Posts: 44,960 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Absolutely loved Jurassic world, so looking forward to this - it for the life of me I can't see where the plot or story is in that trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I don't know who that kid is, but I look forward to the constant peril he will be in where I could not give a shít if he surives or not, as a matter of fact hoping he doesn't survive so better characters can survive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Inviere wrote: »
    He's sitting in what appears to be a courtroom/boardroom, arguing legal precedent with a bunch of suits...while the lead is running from a pyroclastic flow surrounded by panicking dinosaurs jumping off a cliff...a slight disconnect is to be expected I suppose :p

Given Ian Malcolm's return was much publicised I had expected he be part of the actual adventure. Instead it comes off as low effort attempt to shovel Goldblums character into the movie without actually having to include him in location shooting. In fact I'd go so far as to theorise that he'll have 5 minutes screentime, probably around the debate about what to do with the dinos, then another quick cameo near the end on a TV report. Enough to slap him on the promos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Inviere

pixelburp wrote: »
    Given Ian Malcolm's return was much publicised I had expected he be part of the actual adventure. Instead it comes off as low effort attempt to shovel Goldblums character into the movie without actually having to include him in location shooting. In fact I'd go so far as to theorise that he'll have 5 minutes screentime, probably around the debate about what to do with the dinos, then another quick cameo near the end on a TV report. Enough to slap him on the promos.

Indeed :) (I was being facetious anyway :o)

Advertisement