Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post Portlaoise Mail Centre

Options
  • 06-09-2019 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a phone number for the An Post Portlaoise Mail Centre. If so please PM me.
    All numbers from google have been tried.

I have a parcel sitting there for 4 days. This is the second shipping attempt. Shipped from Germany in July and arrived in Portlaoise. Then transferred to my local depot. No attempted delivery from there due to addressing issue and was sent back to Germany. Attempts to stop this failed.

Germans received it after a month and claimed address was fine. They reshipped it and it’s now sitting in Portlaoise. Emails lodged via customer services but no response yet.

I’d normally be patient and wait but I’m just expecting to see the tracking update to show it going back to Germany again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

OP the mail sorting centres dont have a customer service function so even if you did get through they would tell you to contact An Post Customer Service. They're also not going to go looking for your parcel, it is a needle in a haystack. Your best bet is to ring customer service rather than email, they seem to be more responsive if you just ring up.

Also does the parcel have your Eircode on it? If it does then it theory they should be able to deliver with that alone

• Registered Users Posts: 10 champ79

Muahahaha wrote: »
    OP the mail sorting centres dont have a customer service function so even if you did get through they would tell you to contact An Post Customer Service.

This is true. Ring customer services, but if the item wasn't track & trace then it's unlikely that they'll be able to help either.

For missing standard post you need to fill in an M58 form which you can get at your local Post Office, or you can fill it out online on the An Post website.

Advertisement