Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Hi, been a while.

What's a good MTL RTA these days, and maybe a nice small built in battery mod suggestion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

moleyv wrote:
    What's a good MTL RTA these days, and maybe a nice small built in battery mod suggestion too.

Hey moley, Ambition mods Gate rta from Naturevape and I think its called Aspire Cube mod. Seems to be a popular setup with mtl'rs. Have the Gate myself and it's a versatile, flavoursome piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

dball wrote: »

That meme must be from 2016 ...

Hey moley, Ambition mods Gate rta from Naturevape and I think its called Aspire Cube mod. Seems to be a popular setup with mtl'rs. Have the Gate myself and it's a versatile, flavoursome piece.

Thanks. I'll check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

moleyv wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll check them out

I have the Gate as well and find it good, it's my first time back doing MTL for a long time , I had tried others but didn't particularly like them .

Is that the OBS cube?

moleyv wrote:
    Is that the OBS cube?

My mistake,yes the OBS Cube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

I'd highly recommend a silicon cover for the cube. They genuinely don't take a fall well at all. Great little mod though

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Finally my old cuboid packed up.
    Had it for well over 4 years.
    Fire button went.. I soldered it back on. The plate that contacts the batteries broke and I glued that back on. The screen lost its connection so I took it apart and fixed that. But its finally beyond repair.
    Its served me well. So what would be a recommendation for a new mod these days.
    Im not into temp control or any of that stuff.
    I vape at 20 Watts on a 1.5 coil on my trusty subtank. It's just what's worked for me over the last 6 years... So battery life is more important. Used to get almost 2 full days with the cuboid. Any mods you'd recommend to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Aegis Solo- single battery or Aegis Legend for dual battery - if you can still get them .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I’m getting nearly 2 days out of the Uwell Crown IV mod at 80w so should get 2 days easily at 20w.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

Asmodus Colossal. Single 18650, very tidy, good weight to it, droppable (multiple tests) and quite reasonable if you shop around - battery life is great too.
    My all day MTL mod

If you're vaping at 20w then pretty much any dual 18650 mod should keep you going for at least a full day if not 2. I vape mostly around 40-70w depending on the tank and I get the best part of a day, if I dropped to 20-30w I could easily get almost 2 I think. I'm just in the habit of changing my batts around when they approach half-way, this way I always have a fully charged set ready to go on side.

I'm mostly using the Smok Species, very tidy little mod, possibly my favorite from the past few years. I had the Cuboid too, but found it a bit bulky, the species feels about half the size and weight and is much better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GeorgeOrwell

Hi - absolute newbie here! Thinking of switching from the fags to vaping, and like the look and ease of the Dot vapekit starter packs for a beginner.

A couple of questions - are they as good as they get for a beginner and are the refill pods available in vape shops in Dublin? I don't want to be tied to having to buy online.

Any advice, tips or thoughts to help someone on day 1 of thinking of changing would be really welcome. Thanks in advance.

Hi - absolute newbie here! Thinking of switching from the fags to vaping, and like the look and ease of the Dot vapekit starter packs for a beginner.

A couple of questions - are they as good as they get for a beginner and are the refill pods available in vape shops in Dublin? I don't want to be tied to having to buy online.

Any advice, tips or thoughts to help someone on day 1 of thinking of changing would be really welcome. Thanks in advance.

I'm not so sure about closed system pods, you are tied to them not just for replacement coils but you can't refill the ones you get either [I'm sure it's possible to hack them but do you want the hassle?] I would suggest something refillable like the Caliburn pod kit and buy your e-liquid separate. You can refill these pods multiple times and it's no more complicated. If you are relying on buying local though it'll depend on what you can get your hands on I guess. But having to buy flavor pods will get expensive over time. If it's your only option then I would visit a couple local vape shops and make sure they stock the pods - I only ever buy online so I can't tell you what you might find in Dublin but in general I find Irish vendors to have poor selection in general for vaping.

If you do go for this system, I would honestly suggest you get at least 2, because battery life sucks for most pods and if you head out for the day and plan to vape as often as you might have smoked, you may very well run out. Always best to have a back up. I only use a pod for lunch breaks or just having a quick vape in town, much more discreet than using a mod and sub ohm tank that's for sure. And it's certainly satisfying enough to keep you going. But if I only used pods, I would like to know I've a back up in my pocket/bag - obviously have them charged full before you leave. The good news is they charge up full in no time.

Yep I'd agree with cagey on the Caliburn but I don't see it in stock in any Irish vendors unfortunately. One that is in stock at esmokeireland is the Smok Nord, it's a refillable pod the uses coils which are also available there. It's one that is highly recommended by users especially for beginners.
    You'll need some high nic juice also, something maybe in the region of 18mg, if you're instore you could discuss it there.

That's brilliant - many thanks.

I see the Uwell Caliburn AIO All in One 520mAh Pod System Vape Kit is available on amazon, and I'll ask in a couple of Dublin shops what e-liquid I can get.

Cheers!

The Nord looks decent, it'll have better battery life too.

On the nic strength, as it's mouth-to-lung vaping mostly with pods, you do want higher levels than you would use in sub ohm tanks. But it'll depend on the person, I use 3mg in my usual tanks but made some 6mg to test in the pods and it's plenty enough for me. I do semi-direct lung though out of habit. The Dot pod systems uses 20mg but that's nic salts, and the throat hit is weaker with that style of nic and I believe it's smoother than what we call freebase nicotine. For someone just coming off the cigs I would try 12mg to start in pods [normal nic liquids] and see how it goes. You can always go up or down from there

The Nord looks decent, it'll have better battery life too.

On the nic strength, as it's mouth-to-lung vaping mostly with pods, you do want higher levels than you would use in sub ohm tanks. But it'll depend on the person, I use 3mg in my usual tanks but made some 6mg to test in the pods and it's plenty enough for me. I do semi-direct lung though out of habit. The Dot pod systems uses 20mg but that's nic salts, and the throat hit is weaker with that style of nic and I believe it's smoother than what we call freebase nicotine. For someone just coming off the cigs I would try 12mg to start in pods [normal nic liquids] and see how it goes. You can always go up or down from there

Thanks. I'll ask in the shop and see what they say with regard to 12mg in pods.

Thanks for your help. There are a lot of new Three-Letter Acronyms which I've never heard before! It's all new, but so long as I'm off the fags, I'll be happy.

Thanks. I'll ask in the shop and see what they say with regard to 12mg in pods.

Thanks for your help. There are a lot of new Three-Letter Acronyms which I've never heard before! It's all new, but so long as I'm off the fags, I'll be happy.

AIO just means all in one, the mod and tank or pod are all one piece basically, you don't have to buy a separate tank or coils. Though, they're not really all in one as you do have to eventually buy separate pods to continue using them so it is a bit confusing.

That is the main thing, to kick the stinkies :) Best of luck with it

I've been looking for a pod/aio set-up for awhile now & watching a lot of reviews,most pod systems are available in the UK,but the coils & pods cannot be found here in Ireland & a lot are sold out in the UK.

What I need is a pod/aio which uses coils that are plentiful in Ireland,I have found one with an RBA,the Smoant Pasito Rebuildable Pod System Starter Kit

https://vaping101.co.uk/collections/all-kits/products/smoant-pasito-rebuildable-pod-system-starter-kit-1100mah

There is another aio that uses all the Nautilus coils 0.7 to 1.8 but I can't remember the name of it,getting old,it'll come to me eventually or does someone know.

What I need is a pod/aio which uses coils that are plentiful in Ireland,I have found one with an RBA,the Smoant Pasito Rebuildable Pod System Starter Kit

I have one on it's way from ecigone,got the rba also. Ecigone are doing 20 per cent off everything till the end of July,code is 20OFF

Just bought the Smoant with the RBA,I'll have to borrow young eyes to build this:D:D

Also bought the Smok Trinity Alpha which has 0.6 Nord coils https://www.ecigone.co.uk/pod-kits/smok-trinity-alpha-pod-vape-kit-1000mah

I bought a Dovpo Topside 90w Special Edition & a Profile RDA from Vaping 101

https://vaping101.co.uk/products/dovpo-topside-90w-21700-squonk-mod

I think if I was to buy another pod type thingy it might be the IPV mini auto squonk kit. It's not cheap at around £60 UK, but going by the reviews I've seen it's got great battery life and the coils just keep going for weeks some saying well over a month. I believe you get a 0.3ohm coil for DL, and a 1ohm for more MTL type vape. I don't know if I'd bother with an RBA pod kit, I've seen some reviewers build them and it reminded me of building the old Kanger rba coils way back or the very early 'RTA' tanks with teensy decks. Finnicky as hell and the vape wasn't amazing. It does save on coils but you have to go though a royal PITA building the thing every now and then. But, if you got the patience and you do manage to get a nice build in, then why not give it a go

I have found the ideal use for me personally with these pods and some unwanted juice. I had some berry menthol juice [Code Red] - a lot of it! [large bottle shot from Darkstar that I neglected to note was menthol when buying, d'oh!] I've been bumping that [originally 3mg] to 6mg and plopping it into the Caliburn, and also this tiny Suorin pod I got [which is really only good for about 10 minutes vaping but handy for stealthy vape in the jacks!] The menthol makes the vape seem that bit stronger so I don't need high nic and it's doing the job nicely.

When at home though, I'm still all about my sub ohm tanks, I do use the pod the odd time watching tv or a sneaky vape in bed though. They do have their uses.

More stupid questions coming. :pac:

Got an Aspire Speeder mod for my Cleito 120 tank. Quite enjoying it so far (coming from Innokin Prism T20s) but have a couple of questions:

The coils are rated 100-120W but I can't vape near that without burning. I'm generally bouncing between 50 and 60W. Would using a much lower wattage than the rating be normal or a sign I'm doing something wrong?

And the other question is about juice. It seems to be absolutely flying through juice compared to when I was MTLing the other yoke. And I'm finding the flavour a bit too strong. Is it straightforward enough to find flavours for making your own juice? I don't want to end up spending a grand a year on juice. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sublic

I’m living in Ireland and I own 2 juuls and an aspire breeze 2 that I use salt nic with but it’s frustrating only being able to use 20mg salt especially when tpd regulations only really apply to freebase nicotine in any capacity. I was hoping to find a website or retailer that stock between 36mg and 50mg salt nic available in Ireland, does anyone know if these exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Got an Aspire Speeder mod for my Cleito 120 tank. Quite enjoying it so far (coming from Innokin Prism T20s) but have a couple of questions:

The coils are rated 100-120W but I can't vape near that without burning. I'm generally bouncing between 50 and 60W. Would using a much lower wattage than the rating be normal or a sign I'm doing something wrong?

And the other question is about juice. It seems to be absolutely flying through juice compared to when I was MTLing the other yoke. And I'm finding the flavour a bit too strong. Is it straightforward enough to find flavours for making your own juice? I don't want to end up spending a grand a year on juice. :P

Hi Button,

I have the speeder as well , second mod I got and its a great mod. I've used three stock attys on it and probably never have gone more than 10w either side of the recommended wattage. What do you mean by burning? Going down to 60w would indicate something is up.

In the juice side, I tend to buy bottles that are premixed and you've only to add vg/pg/nic. Look at say boss shots on flavourboss.co.uk or brew bros. There's lots of folks that post here that do their own mixing, but I'm too lazy for that.

I have this tank, I only use it as an RTA these days with the RBA base, but when I did buy coils for it I certainly never went to 100w, I think like you I used them in or around 60-80w max. You should try the mesh pro coils for it, they're much better from what i remember. They suggest vaping those between 60-80w so more in your typical range.

Only other thing I can think is that you might have fired the coils up before they were fully saturated? After filling the tank with a fresh coil you want to let it sit for about 5 minutes or more to let the coil get fully saturated with e-liquid.