Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Treecreeper

Options
  • 19-12-2020 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭

I has a treecreeper on a Larch tree in the garden today. Are they common? It's a rural garden.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

As this information https://birdwatchireland.ie/birds/treecreeper/ from Birdwatch Ireland states "widespread but unobtrusive" i.e. you don't tend to see them but they are there and quite common. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I has a treecreeper on a Larch tree in the garden today. Are they common? It's a rural garden.

Thank you.

Vv common where I walk ( Murphys farm Bishopstown) and all the way to the Lee fields

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Borrowed time

Only ever seen one in the garden once,about two years ago.Living in Co Meath.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i watched a treecreeper work a tree for about 10 minutes while sitting in the car on the phone yesterday, as it happens. the tree has bracket fungus on it so perhaps the nooks and crannies are already a little rotted with insects on them anyway.

There all the time but bloody hard to spot, I see them if I stop and watch by the local stream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Same here - only once, saw one on a big cedar tree out my front window about 6 years ago. Sneaky divils!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

Had a pair nest in the eaves of a shed, there was an explosion of youngsters one day.....

50017069811_ba567e263c_b.jpg

VeeEmmy wrote: »
    Same here - only once, saw one on a big cedar tree out my front window about 6 years ago. Sneaky divils!

Fairly small n nimble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I was in a coillte woods 2 days ago and saw one, tried to show my family but it had corkscrewed around to the otherside.

So fast and small easily missed

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

And they only hunt "up" trees, never down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement