Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Almost vintage....

• 29-11-2020 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

I've a 91 pajero that's going to hit the 30 next year. The Doe is out. It's off the road a while now.

If I get the doe done soon, before the 30 Mark, will I have tiger it done again when I register as vintage or will it carry through?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

You won't have to do it again, will be good up to the expiry date,

You'll have to have it to tax it though, even for vintage tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Don't forget the CVRT once over 30 years old lasts 2 years, 1 year if under 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

I've a 91 pajero that's going to hit the 30 next year. The Doe is out. It's off the road a while now.

If I get the doe done soon, before the 30 Mark, will I have tiger it done again when I register as vintage or will it carry through?

Any pics? Is it a mk2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

I do but I'll have to resize on the laptop first.

Here she is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Always likes those type Pajeros. With the jack under her, it looks like you have a bit of work ahead of you before you get her on the road.

Needs an exhaust , I jacked it up because the wheel was flat and went off the rim.

Here's a tip
    I was trying to pump it and hold it on at the same time. I dropped the Jack just a bit, but some timber on the floor and kicked in tight with my heel. I could push it in at ten and two o clock and the air held enough to pump it.

I got this one lately, she’s a 1992.

Ah here..... different league altogether! She looks well minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭jmreire

mayota wrote: »

Nice, very very nice !!!! :cool: Any interior / engine compartment pics?

• Advertisement

Picked her up with head gasket gone. Running good now and test next week. Not mint but very good shape.

jmreire wrote: »

Few more pics.

jmreire wrote: »

Some pics.

More

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

That looks very clean... Nice

My one is a 100 miles off yours, I'll take a pic of the interior tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Wow, that's a nice looking Pajero. They were everywhere at one stage, the go to farming tool before the 90 series Landcruiser.

I had a deep green '93 LWB 2.5 for years. Jap import. Was a 7 seat passenger that I converted to commercial. Great jeep, but the 2.5 was very under powered for a LWB and the gearing was low. 125kph was 4000 rpm! crossed the country twice a week in it for 3 years. Even the adjustable shocks still worked! Only had to put a new clutch disc in it (to mane to pay for full kit as it was DM version and more expensive) got the alternator refurbished, and fitted a push button for the glow plugs when the control unit in the passenger footwell packed up.

They are great machines and Mk2s will be collectable, even more so than mk1s, due to their huge popularity when they were current.

Would love to buy it back again actually. Went down to Wexford/ Waterford I think. Wonder if it's still about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

That Pajero design is just timeless. You could ask someone on the street and they'd never guess it's 30 years old.

Picked her up with head gasket gone. Running good now and test next week. Not mint but very good shape.

Passed test today, 2 rear tyres was all that she needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Notch000

I learned to drive in a '89 fourtrack and had a good fe year hooting around in the same road tractor. I always envied the Pajero and thought they were a 911 compared to the fourtrack. Age has been kind to them too.
    My dream car is a pajero evo https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1257648

• Advertisement
Advertisement