Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

His Dublin gig wasn't till October :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

okidoki987 wrote: »
    His Dublin gig wasn't till October :eek:.

He sold hardly any tickets ,especially in the US .
    He will come back next year in smaller venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Zardoz wrote: »
    He sold hardly any tickets ,especially in the US .
    He will come back next year in smaller venues.

What were the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    What were the numbers?

Looking at the seat maps, it was shockingly bad ,sold ~20-30% of capacity in venues in the US.

No idea why he was playing full sized arenas there ,his first tour was in small to mid sized venues and it had to resort to 2 for 1 offers and Groupon deals to shift tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

The Olllam cancelled their gig for August 15th in Vicar Street :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Heading to Westlife end of August in Cork, wondering too if this will be cancelled

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Zardoz wrote: »
    Looking at the seat maps, it was shockingly bad ,sold ~20-30% of capacity in venues in the US.

No idea why he was playing full sized arenas there ,his first tour was in small to mid sized venues and it had to resort to 2 for 1 offers and Groupon deals to shift tickets.

I would have thought it would have sold well especially with Lewis Capaldi supporting.

In European festival news , Roskilde and Nova Rock have been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

BST Hyde Park festival looking set to be cancelled too

Duran Duran playing that and St Anne's Park here. Not expecting to be going to that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

PTH2009 wrote: »
    BST Hyde Park festival looking set to be cancelled too

Duran Duran playing that and St Anne's Park here. Not expecting to be going to that

The small matter of the St. Anne's Park gig being a month earlier than Hyde Park doesn't help either.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blueberrypie

Niall Horan 2020 tour cancelled. no new dates money being refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Warbringer have been added to the bill of the re scheduled destruction gig, shaping up to be a good day that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Nick Cave's gigs rescheduled to April 2021 https://twitter.com/3A...811825732706312?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Showaddywaddy in vicar street changed to June 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Any word on forbidden fruit or longitude yet ?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Any word on forbidden fruit or longitude yet ?

I think the chances of FF going ahead at the end of May are so slim it's probably close to zero. Not to be too morbid but there has been media reports that the grounds there in Kilmainham may be site for temporary morgue facility if neeed so I don't see how they could have gigs there in just over 7 weeks. Not sure why it hasn't been cancelled yet tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

MCD have a list of rescheduled events on their website:

https://mcd.ie/rescheduled-events/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

If you go to the FAQ section of the 3 arena and navigate their covid 19 links you will eventually find theirs too. No update on refunds policy thou - I guess they will still be trading and in business after 6 months or so of no income?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

If you go to the FAQ section of the 3 arena and navigate their covid 19 links you will eventually find theirs too. No update on refunds policy thou - I guess they will still be trading and in business after 6 months or so of no income?

3Arena dont have a refund policy as you bought your ticket from the promoter not the venue
    The promoters sold via ticketmaster so between the two of them lies the refund policy.
    3Arena,MCD,Ticketmaster all owned by Live Nation as far as I know so no problems there about staying in business

• Advertisement

92402020_10158395244119548_5876900289096712192_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=lkNUdUhRGNIAX_4UD34&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=f29bc3180f0a7f5a6a50376a1dc4e017&oe=5EB60DF5

92279628_10158395171719548_6408071826739560448_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=DIpCL8SmVhoAX9bPWL1&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=7df0d7fe1899727f9705236584bc9abb&oe=5EB5AD84

Elbow gig rescheduled again till October

92244170_10158395419194548_2684881595436892160_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=le3fRHaVK3YAX-pX6aj&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=e4e14ffff94ef3ee5ecd49ec333e94d1&oe=5EB48CAB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Tuesday night, a ****ing tuesday!

Kodaline also postponed their olympia shows to September

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Still no word on the Nick Mason gig. :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Anyone know how Whelans refund for cancelled gigs?

Lost a few gigs there but I know they're hoping to reschedule most. One though (Lone Bellow), they've just cancelled the whole tour and won't be rescheduling. We bought through wavtickets on the Whelans website but I can't see if refunds are automatic or, if not, how to apply. I get that it's all crazy at the moment so don't want to be hassling them, but it would be good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Eod100 wrote: »
    Nick Cave's gigs rescheduled to April 2021 https://twitter.com/3A...811825732706312?s=19

I presume these new dates are just placeholders to avoid having to cancel and refund?

The Killers UK tour has been postponed which def means the Irish shows are the same

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ronnie-vanucci-jr-confirms-the-killers-uk-stadium-shows-are-postponed-2645168?

Phoebas wrote: »
    I presume these new dates are just placeholders to avoid having to cancel and refund?

It's part of a European tour which is all rescheduled so wouldn't think so. It's in promoters and artists interests for them to go ahead so later date is better than outright cancellation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Eod100 wrote: »
    It's part of a European tour which is all rescheduled so wouldn't think so. It's in promoters and artists interests for them to go ahead so later date is better than outright cancellation.

I get that they would definitely want to reschedule. I guess what I'm wondering is are the new dates actually real or just something they've provisionally penciled in?

Advertisement