Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Right, We have eight of us registered and have all shared our ref nums via whatsapp group. We're going to try for Cardiff or Bristol coach first and then take anything if its available after that.

I presume its similar to planning for Rock Werchter or another European festival. Bring your camping gear with you or purchase in the city you are getting the coach from. Where would people usually stock up on supplies (alcohol etc). Is there a dreaded walk from coach parking to camping? I've no problems lugging all my stuff but just curious as I've never been.

Interested
    Have two registrations

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Sorry I meant my group of friends have eight of us registered and ready to try the sale. It's not a bad idea to form a new group here.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Layne

I know it is last minute (story of my life!!) but if anybody is interested in forming a group for this evening's coach sale please PM me.
    I am in a group for Sunday's sale but just me and the young fella gunning for tickets for the coach sale this evening 😕😕.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Not a sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

All coach travel sold out now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Layne

Well that was a bit of a disaster....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

No mercy from the Glasto Gods.

Did anyone get sorted?

Layne wrote: »

Relatively calm compared to what Sunday will be like. I'm generally an optimist but not in terms of Glasto tickets. Good luck people. Hope some of you here get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,127 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think 3 or 4 of our groups got through but not the one I was in. I’ll try again on Sunday but I’m not massively fussed as I have a spot stewarding with oxfam.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

MadYaker wrote: »
    I think 3 or 4 of our groups got through but not the one I was in. I’ll try again on Sunday but I’m not massively fussed as I have a spot stewarding with oxfam.
    How many groups did you have?

• Advertisement

11 groups of 6 on the spreadsheet I was working off. 5 got through.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

11 groups of 6 on the spreadsheet I was working off. 5 got through.

Wow that's a massive amount of people trying! I thought we had a lot with 3 groups! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Layne wrote: »

Sadly thats what happens when you have See Tickets selling the tickets ,possibly the worst ticket company in the UK after AXS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

For those who have been successful before:

Did you F5/refresh after you hit the holding page, or just before?

All of our group got the holding page but no further. Wondering if to approach it differently on Sunday.

dmm82 wrote: »
    Wow that's a massive amount of people trying! I thought we had a lot with 3 groups! :)

To be honest I only know people in 3 of the groups. One girl in my group got through but the page crashed when she put in card details. Seetickets system just isn’t up to the task of dealing with the glasto sale unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Seetickets system just isn’t up to the task of dealing with the glasto sale unfortunately.

Yip, Seetickets is a good website for low demand events and they are a good company but their website is rubbish for high demand events.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

One of our group for through for all of us. Have the confirmation. Thank ****. That.... Was.... BRUTAL..

Good luck to everyone on Sunday. Remember: have your group. Don't message eachother unless it is confirming tickets booked. Don't message saying " any luck" or "I can't get through".. Time spent reading that text is time wasted. If you do get through keep trying to confirm. If someone did get through and it died when they entered card details it still may have gotten through, keep at it but keep up hope. They may have completed.

Remember the resale. Everyone assumes it is a tiny amount of tickets (it is) and assumes it's pointless to even try ( it isn't). I have gotten tickets TWICE from resale because everyone assumes it's a lost cause

Only one person? Surely one or two others got through?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Only one person? Surely one or two others got through?

God I hope so......

It gets worse every year, I’d say we’ll be lucky to get one or two more groups tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭thebusher

No joy here either. Had 6 devicrs going. 2 friends in uk trying also :-(

Thinking of just using the phone on Sunday as it worked last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No joy here between about 10 of us. I got to put the regs in and "buy tickets" but got turfed out. Roll on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

No joy either. Only had 4 of us trying. Not holding out much hope for Sunday but we'll give it a go. Will have to get every device on the go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

What are people's thoughts on holding page strategies? I used to refresh it every second like mad but yesterday I decided to let it do its 20 second thing. I've never had luck with either technique so who knows...

I've not had any luck since 2014 and don't expect to on Sunday. Which is fine as I've been several times in the past. I'm also not convinced that it's down to super fast broadband service going by the pals I've seen get tickets over the past five years. Seems like pot luck.

But is it time for them to bring in a lottery system? To favour those who haven't been before or not been for 2/3 years. Block on anyone going two years in a row? Each successful person can take along one (registered) friend. Or are the logistics for that too difficult? Doesn't seem so as they've managed to make a success of both the registration system and the anti-touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    But is it time for them to bring in a lottery system?

It already is a lottery system.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

thebusher wrote: »
    No joy here either. Had 6 devicrs going. 2 friends in uk trying also :-(

Thinking of just using the phone on Sunday as it worked last year.

What phone number is it? Can’t see it on website.

He means using his phone as a WiFi hotspot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

So guys, i am in a group of 6 theres a chance if i do get a ticket i might not be able to make it, i presume that if the full balance of my ticket isnt paid for by April its just my ticket that gets released and not the other 5 people? Its not clear on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

lbj666 wrote: »
    So guys, i am in a group of 6 theres a chance if i do get a ticket i might not be able to make it, i presume that if the full balance of my ticket isnt paid for by April its just my ticket that gets released and not the other 5 people? Its not clear on the website.
    Yeah just yours..theres will be fine..think your partial refund goes back to lead booker.
    No luck for us either after being succesful the last 3 times..only got as far as the holding page :/

Advertisement