Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Lee Kang-in becomes amazing. Don't have him myself as I'm well stocked in AMC but he's world class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Haven't bought the game this year, can anyone who is a few seasons in (say 5+ years) do me a favour and take a screenshot of the Irish squad and post it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

https://twitter.com/FootballManager/status/1064914414816645121

Would like to see this in action but I don't think I'm willing to start a new save for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

My keeper is crying about not being offered a new contract
    When I offer him one his agent won't enter into any negotiations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Anybody spot any good deals going on FM 19 today for this Black Friday thing? Happy enough playing FM 16, but might invest in the new one.

Got it at 29.59 off CDKeys, was best I saw. Steam still had it at over €50!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭tommyombomb

Just ordered a labtop for the new FM19. Ended up splurging on a good one. Now can't wait for it to come. Hopefully it gets to me before Christmas so I can start off my career when off work.

How are people's seasons going. Many great wonder kids out there. How do man u perform on it as thinking of starting with them to get myself eased in. No sure yet though. Used to pick spurs back in the day. Thinking also Everton be good or even wolves. Decent but not too challenging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just ordered a labtop for the new FM19. Ended up splurging on a good one. Now can't wait for it to come. Hopefully it gets to me before Christmas so I can start off my career when off work.

How are people's seasons going. Many great wonder kids out there. How do man u perform on it as thinking of starting with them to get myself eased in. No sure yet though. Used to pick spurs back in the day. Thinking also Everton be good or even wolves. Decent but not too challenging

What did you go for ?

My laptop runs Fm smoothly but the fans can get a bit annoying at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So has anyone got this on the Switch today? Or could possibly link me to a review?

I've been humming and hawwing over a switch for months now and this may finally be the thing to push it over the line.

threein99 wrote: »
    What did you go for ?

My laptop runs Fm smoothly but the fans can get a bit annoying at times.

Got a dell g3. I5 8th gen with good graphics card. Be another week or two before I get it I say. Hope it does well.

How are people's seasons going?

I've been humming and hawwing over a switch for months now and this may finally be the thing to push it over the line.

I do like the idea of a handheld FM, but I like to have all the graphics - faces, logos, real kits etc. While it might not be important to some, the inability to add graphics on the Switch version is off-putting for me.

It's also FM Touch, which is the simplified version of the game. Again, this suits some people but it's not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Paladonia wrote: »
    I do like the idea of a handheld FM, but I like to have all the graphics - faces, logos, real kits etc. While it might not be important to some, the inability to add graphics on the Switch version is off-putting for me.

It's also FM Touch, which is the simplified version of the game. Again, this suits some people but it's not for me.

I never bother with the facepacks etc on the laptop anyway. I'm playing FM since CM 97/98 and it has just never bothered me in the slightest.

I never bother with the facepacks etc on the laptop anyway. I'm playing FM since CM 97/98 and it has just never bothered me in the slightest.

I cant look at a game of Fm with all the logo packs and face packs and licence fixes

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The anger when you download the facepacks and there are still blank faces.

OR the quality of the regen faces.

'sake

Got a dell g3. I5 8th gen with good graphics card. Be another week or two before I get it I say. Hope it does well.

How are people's seasons going?

Im in my second season with United, won the league in my first season with a good run at the end of the season. Well clear in my second season which included a 14 game run without conceeding a goal.

I've had Pogba try and force moves to Barca and Madrid in consecutive windows. I've stood my ground and said hes not leaving for less than 150 million. All my squad have said they are happy how I handled the situation. I've dropped him completely and signed Kovacic and Lucas Paquetá to play in his place.

Pter wrote: »
    The anger when you download the facepacks and there are still blank faces.

OR the quality of the regen faces.

'sake

There's regen facepack I think

Interesting

I go as far as to fire staff that don't have a face...

Paladonia wrote: »
    I go as far as to fire staff that don't have a face...

Poor form turning up to an interview without a face, in fairness.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You'd want to have some neck to do that.

You'd want to have some neck to do that.

Close the thread. Its done. Nothing is going to top that joke.

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    Im in my second season with United, won the league in my first season with a good run at the end of the season. Well clear in my second season which included a 14 game run without conceeding a goal.

I've had Pogba try and force moves to Barca and Madrid in consecutive windows. I've stood my ground and said hes not leaving for less than 150 million. All my squad have said they are happy how I handled the situation. I've dropped him completely and signed Kovacic and Lucas Paquetá to play in his place.

Who have you signed and who is doing well for you. I find when I play the game I make too many transfers and strip the team quickly. Thinking when I start I want to sign someone like varane and a rm like lozano. Any wonderkids doing well. Specifically Tom Davies for Everton. Think he is a gem of a player.

Does lukaku bang them in along with the rest of the forwards? Wonder what you did with the CM situation. See that matic and Fred look good but being a united fan and how they are playing I want rid. In the game they look good. I am a fan of speed and youth so also curious in relation to Mata.

Been almost 10 years since I played the game. Can you afford to have a thing squad or are injuries frequent so need at least one good backup and players like young who can play lots of positions.

Does Dalot step up in the game. Looking at Valencia and young i would be thinking another player is needed.

How easy is it to sell unwanted players and sign top players.

Find myself watching YouTube videos on people going through their seasons. Won't lie i am excited once labtop comes.

Thanks
    Tommyombomb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Fred comes good second season i found as does perrera, good partnership with Pogba.

Lindeloff is great om the right for me, with dalot also playing brilliantly. Martial bangs em in and mata usually the assist maker. Lingard great in first season but tapered off.

Sanchez is ok, as is Rash and Lukaku.

Id be weary of striping the team to wuickly as the squad can get pissed if influential players are all sold.

To date ive sold

Matic after 1 season
    Fellani after 1and half season
    Mata 1 and a half
    Smalling 1 season
    Young half a season
    Rojo
    Valencia

Bought
    Kirk Pierre (wonderkid now very cheap)
    Pacqueta
    Lozano good second season
    Upacampeno (think that his name)
    Skriner joining at end of second season
    Declan rice decent back up
    Sancho
    And a good few youths
    Marin
    Moyrilla
    Sergio Gomez
    Lee kangin

Work permits are a bit of a problem to buy young south americans

Same universe i also manage leeds, gor prompted first season and coming 8th

Bought ross barkley and a wonderkid called Trincaio

Roofe has 12 goals as my top goalscorer and is 5th in league

Who have you signed and who is doing well for you. I find when I play the game I make too many transfers and strip the team quickly. Thinking when I start I want to sign someone like varane and a rm like lozano. Any wonderkids doing well. Specifically Tom Davies for Everton. Think he is a gem of a player.

Does lukaku bang them in along with the rest of the forwards? Wonder what you did with the CM situation. See that matic and Fred look good but being a united fan and how they are playing I want rid. In the game they look good. I am a fan of speed and youth so also curious in relation to Mata.

Been almost 10 years since I played the game. Can you afford to have a thing squad or are injuries frequent so need at least one good backup and players like young who can play lots of positions.

Does Dalot step up in the game. Looking at Valencia and young i would be thinking another player is needed.

How easy is it to sell unwanted players and sign top players.

Find myself watching YouTube videos on people going through their seasons. Won't lie i am excited once labtop comes.

Thanks
    Tommyombomb

I sold all the centre backs except Lindelof, got Rugani and Varane as my first choice pairing and they are amazing. I play Dalot right back as I sold Valencia, Shaw left back alternating with Tierney who I got from Celtic. I signed Federic Chiesa for the right wing from Fiorantina after I sold Lingard because he was rubbish. I sold Matic to Barca because they offered me to much to turn down and I sold Fellaini to anyone who would take him.

Fred is very good.

Upfront I signed Belotti from Torino with the intentions of selling Sanchez who had a very poor first season. Only Sanchez got a 5 month injury towards the end of my first season I would have sold him. Now in my second season Sanchez is banging in the goals alternating with Lukaku (who is scoring regularly) and Belotti has hardly had a sniff.

I'm 14 points clear in the league, so thats pretty much wrapped up. Putting all my efforts into winning the Champions league and then I'll probably start a save with Notts Forest if I land the Champions League.

Pogba is rotting in the reserves for his treachery, his replacement Kovacic scores more than Pogba ever did and is fantastic, Pacqueta is an adequate backup for him but hes a bit injury prone.

You need a big squad for United, Shaws fitness is shocking so you need two first choice left backs. You pretty much need two players for each position. Hererra is a good squad player he can play most of the midfield positions. Angel Gomes looks quality been trying to get him involved as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

A little off topic - but I came across the disc for Champ Manager 01/02 the last day and installed it on my laptop. It's still brilliant - miles ahead of the FM games. Not as much detail etc but it's still a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I've never played it myself and I could well be wrong, but I think you can download updated squads and leagues for it if you want to keep some 2018 realism to it

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Into season 4 with United

2 Premier Leagues and a Champions League in the most recent year - had so many players looking to leave if I didnt win the Champions league too!

Successful 11:

GK De Gea - Best keeper in the game by a mile
    LB Shaw / Guilherme Arana - LB
    CB Bailly - Couldn't keep him after season 2 due him not wanting a contract as he thought work permit unlikely.... left on a free
    CB De Ligt - Best CB in game - big teams trying to throw money at him now.
    RB Dalot - 4 years in best RB in game
    Mid - Fred, he's backup at the minute but he's a really solid player
    Mid - Lucas Paquetá - Must buy, great advanced playmaker
    Mid - Pogba - prone to injuries for me but when I have him starting I dont lose
    LW - Sanchez (martial long term) - United so well stocked here, both players dont deserve the stats they get
    RW - Chesia - Must Buy, best RW in game now
    FW - Lukaku - Loads of goals and assists but misses ALOT of chances in every game... wanted to sell him but hard to generate decent interest

Others Ive brought in:

- Houssem Aouar - replaced Fred, much better now.
    - Sandro Tonali (Beast if you play a def mid) - A starter in some formations
    - Fiete Arp - Will be replacing Lukaku this year
    -Joao Felix - Slowly becoming a monster - 4 years in he'll be in rotation

Finding the game quite easy with managing the bigger teams.... went unbeaten in the premier league last season with over 100 points - i'm no great tactician in this game.... Unless I stumbled onto overpowered tactics - All I generally do is play with IF and WB's and throw the kitchen sink at teams - lots of rotation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

I've never played it myself and I could well be wrong, but I think you can download updated squads and leagues for it if you want to keep some 2018 realism to it

Yeah I was looking at that - but there is a great sense of nostalgia signing players I had totally forgotten about and watching them come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Just started my 4th season with Villa, 3rd in the Premiership. The board have announced a new 56,068 ground is to be built. The Paul McGrath Stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Johann.

Think I'm about to be sacked in my 3rd season with Chelsea. :D Results haven't been going my way, 3rd in the league 20+ points behind Citeh. FA Cup Final against the 'Pool to play, however, I'm not even sure i'll get to manage it.

Look for a new club, or start a new save? I've put over 65 hours into that save, only one I've had since playing Fm19 :D sad.

• Advertisement

Move on to another country. I love getting further into a save and moving on. Finding regens that are in their prime, bringing a fallen giant to glory etc etc

Advertisement