Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Any idea when the patch will be released or has it been already? I don't want to start a game if there's a patch on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭LeBash

I'm having thoughts of buying it. Still on 15.

Always enjoy it but then after wasting about 4 weeks of clicking what is essentially a really nice spreadsheet I always think I'm wasting my life.

Ahhh, I'll buy it now and deal with the regret later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

LeBash wrote: »
    I'm having thoughts of buying it. Still on 15.

Always enjoy it but then after wasting about 4 weeks of clicking what is essentially a really nice spreadsheet I always think I'm wasting my life.

Ahhh, I'll buy it now and deal with the regret later.[/QUOTE]

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

FCUKING BETA CODE HAS BEEN SITTING IN MY SPAM BOX SINCE SEPTEMBER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Bought it and I still cant decide who I want to take over for my first save,
    spent an hour looking at the teams and leagues and I just couldnt decide

Might just have to use the random option

• Advertisement

My plan is

-some team in the 4th tier of England.
    -Get them up to Prem / Champo.
    -Manage Fulham whereever they are by then
    -Get them to Europe
    -Lazio
    -Win everything, sun oneself on banks of River Tiber.

Or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

I get excited about editing the game as I do playing it.
    I created an All-Ireland league in FM17 - it took me weeks.

Am I weird?

IsMiseJoe wrote: »

Am I weird?

I used to do that as well.

IsMiseJoe wrote: »

Am I weird?

Im trying to avoid the editor
    I got carried away with it

Now Im just going to play the game as is

Thinking of an Easter European team

Spartak Chocolate Bunny are a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Pter wrote: »
    Spartak Chocolate Bunny are a good one.

Yeah but their star players usually give up football for lent so nightmare to manage

Touche

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Just bought this an hour ago, really looking forward to getting into it. Had an itch for some fm for a couple of months now, but I wanted to wait until this released and reviews seem good for it.

Just took control of Curzon Ashton as I've never heard of them, and I'm going to see how far I can get relying on youth intake only. It should be a good challenge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What's the cheapest price out there than anyone here has found?

Got it with CD Keys last year for a little over €30, they're doing it for €33 this year but can't say I have any loyalty to them if anyone knows of a cheaper place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Injuries has not changed for me. Seems like every game I get 1 or 2 players getting knocks that requires substitution

Ended up managing Ajax, will try and use the youth system, and if I have to buy a player he has to be under 20 years., should be fun or frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Unearthly wrote: »
    Injuries has not changed for me. Seems like every game I get 1 or 2 players getting knocks that requires substitution
    I cannot tell as I train the bejaysus out of squad. No Sundays free around here

Unearthly wrote: »

On pl game 2 with Chelsea, already lost Willian (4 months), Giroud (2 months) and Kante (4 weeks)

Same crap different year, why is there always an injury problem at the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

An update with bug fixes has been released.

Barkley rejects contract from Wolves

Barkley is upset you didn't sell him as promised

Eff off Barkley

• Advertisement

And now Traore is annoyed he's not in the Europa League squad, even though he's cup tied and I couldn't register him

Eff off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That's the one really annoying thing with the squad issues, just feel like telling them to get on with it.

I dont mind general squad issues, but when they cant be helped its a fecker

I think this year players complaining about lack of playtime is a lot quicker, thats getting annoying fast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Second round champions league, lose 4-1 away to Napoli.

Go 1 nil down at home, the comeback is on in what was a mental game, pogba scpred a peno, 1-1 mata scored right at half time. Pogba again scored 3-1 , then last few minutes get another peno and pogba missed, until Juan Mata scored and draws the tie.

Extra time Napoli get two players sent off, both team are wrecked, Pogba misses another penalty.

End up winning on penalties.

What a match!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Anyone else having problems with the game updating on Steam, starts downloading the update then right at the end it says update blocked, have changed servers from ireland to uk and back again in steam setting but still get the same issue.

In other news just signed Fekir for Liverpool at end of season but Salah is off to Madrid. Just won league and i lost in final of European cup 2-1 to Juventus. Will change system now to 4-2-3-1 with Fekir behind Bobby Mane and Pavon, with Lucas Paqueta to supplement them

Will change system now to 4-2-3-1 with Fekir behind Bobby Mane and Pavon, with Lucas Paqueta to supplement them

Paqueta developed into a first teamer in first season in my save and won player of the year and young player of the year. the more game time the better.
    Celtic had a left back Tierney - bought for big bucks 42/43 million. Turns into a cracker and good captain! not seen him mentioned anywhere else

I haven't had many clubs looking for my big players (Arsenal) for transfers in comparison to previous FM.
    actively have to offer them out at a discount

Shaunoc wrote: »
    I haven't had many clubs looking for my big players (Arsenal) for transfers in comparison to previous FM.
    actively have to offer them out at a discount

How far in are you? Id kind of expect that in your first season at Arsenal as they have largely underachieved before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Shaunoc wrote: »
    Paqueta developed into a first teamer in first season in my save and won player of the year and young player of the year. the more game time the better.
    Celtic had a left back Tierney - bought for big bucks 42/43 million. Turns into a cracker and good captain! not seen him mentioned anywhere else

Yeah he has been great for me in a 4-3-3 playing as attacking playmaker centrally, need more depth in midfield and Fekir looks quality so couldnt resist. Also gives me option to go 4-3-2-1 in certain games depending on injuries or opposition. Tierney is great, just signed for united in my game though and i have Robbo anyway so will go with a young backup to develop, currently agreed a fee for lewis of Norwich.

Brexit has just kicked in for me so am limited on foreign players so need to start scouring england or signing lots of youngsters

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    How far in are you? Id kind of expect that in your first season at Arsenal as they have largely underachieved before then.
    starting 3rd season
    trying to offload wellbeck and a few more

Advertisement