Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Style SM Draft GW (Finish Hi, Draft Lo)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Soo, looks like we have our lot...

I'll create a single division league with 12 teams ...

Stand by ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSocZkdwJhIc9r0QvKPh7qzxtc8Kq39teK9l1cVXA0MPZAmJI2c

I dont type so good :(

Wil can you stick the rules in the OP?

and maybe the final list of managers / teams

Ive added Lazio as the spare team, so if redzer wants in, he'll have to take SS Lazio.

Oh and rename?

NFL Style SM Draft GW. Finish Hi, Draft Lo...

THANKS Wil!

• Advertisement

Looks like it will be tomorrow before its created ...

Game World ID: 334869
    You are currently in position 1 in the Custom Game World creation queue. Up to 40 Game Worlds are created every hour between 09:00 and 20:00 Game Time (GT).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Looks like it will be tomorrow before its created ...

Game World ID: 334869
    You are currently in position 1 in the Custom Game World creation queue. Up to 40 Game Worlds are created every hour between 09:00 and 20:00 Game Time (GT).

Are you sure that's the correct ID? That's showing up as European Championship 6192 where you're managing Dortmund.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Are you sure that's the correct ID? That's showing up as European Championship 6192 where you're managing Dortmund.

sorry, copied everything off the screen to get the infomation message,,, sure there is no ID yet :)

And i quit that dortmund team, one of those free gws ya cant edit settings in.

GT_TDI_150 wrote:
    sorry, copied everything off the screen to get the infomation message,,, sure there is no ID yet

I was thinking that as well but when I saw it I thought I might as well try to have a look! :pac:

Game World ID 356383

Apply away for your teams

• Advertisement

Just gladbach and lazio left to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Away at the minute with very little Internet. Lazio will do me fine but won't be able to join league till tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ok, just so I'm clear about the rules. The whole draft system comes into play at the start of next season with the picks being determined by league placing? As for this season, the only activity we're allowed to do is buy newly added players on the day they're released. I don't know why people would want to sell just yet as everyone has £300m, which should do for draft picks for the next 3-4 seasons perhaps, but I'm assuming if people do want to sell players to externals they can?

You can sell but as a managed club you can only buy newly adds... so yes buy extention that means you can only sell to external.

First draft will be at start of season2. I'll manage the draft picks in the season 1 close season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

You can sell but as a managed club you can only buy newly adds... so yes buy extention that means you can only sell to external.

First draft will be at start of season2. I'll manage the draft picks in the season 1 close season.

Grand job, thanks!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I suppose it would be unsporting of me to deliberately tank the league the get first pick next season...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    I suppose it would be unsporting of me to deliberately tank the league the get first pick next season...

You must really want Wayne Rooney!

GLaDOS wrote:

Hey!! Stop copying my plan!! :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Just to clarify, are deals between managed clubs for players only, i.e., no draft pick included, completely off the table?

Just to clarify, are deals between managed clubs for players only, i.e., no draft pick included, completely off the table?

I would say yes but no real way of policing monotoring...

I had envisaged newly adds and deals relating to draft pick only in this gw.. so swapping players for a draft pick or buying a player you highlighted in the draft pick as urs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I would say yes but no real way of policing monotoring...

I had envisaged newly adds and deals relating to draft pick only in this gw.. so swapping players for a draft pick or buying a player you highlighted in the draft pick as urs

That's cool, I can live with that - but we might need to ensure everyone is on the same page about this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

OK I pick Leo Messi as my first pick.

baza Rakus wrote: »
    OK I pick Leo Messi as my first pick.

Just make sure you finish last and there will be no problem with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Just make sure you finish last and there will be no problem with that

Ahhhh. I get it! OK cool, I dig. Loose lips and all that.

(I sent you a PM saying Messi is my first pick)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

What the code to join? Can you offer me lazio so I can accept?

Game World ID 356383

Apply away for your teams

Redzer...

Anyone fancy making this a national team battle too?

I had picked Germany when I created the GW but would be willing to drop these

If we all go for non level 1 teams ... ie ...No Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Italy France, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Argentina, England ( I know :D) ...

Fancy it? Do ya?

If we all go for non level 1 teams ... ie ...No Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Italy France, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Argentina, England ( I know :D) ...

Fancy it? Do ya?

There's only five gold managers though! :pac: :D

Wilberto wrote: »
    There's only five gold managers though! :pac: :D

forgot ya need gold for internationals

• Advertisement

Fancy it? Do ya?

Actually, five gold managers, and also five teams in each qualifying group.

Why don't we just all pick teams from the same group?

Obviously we can avoid the groups which include the big hitters, but the last few groups look even enough.

Advertisement