Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby League's Off-Topic thread.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Could have been the other way round ....

Originally I think the RWC wanted to play 3 matches at OT, but United could not accommodate them.

Just back from Manchester yesterday and they are now starting to tart up the Etihad a bit. Attendance there will be less than 2/3rds of the OT attendance and it will be a little chaotic for some of those Union toffs. Traffic in the city centre is a bit chaotic at present with the Mancunian Way down to a contraflow and works on other important roads. OT remains readily accessible though (didn't have any problem getting in and out for last Wednesday's Champions League match but it was a complete PITA getting to the velodrome which is right next to the Etihad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Topics... never been a fan of the nutty chocolate. More of a lion bar man myself.

It's good to see that the big game in Manchester on saturday evening will be between Leeds and Wigan and not England and Uruguay.

Am I the only one who thinks it was a deliberate ploy by union to play in the same city on the same day as Leagues showcase match?

I'd be suspicious of their motives, it'll be great to see Old Trafford sold out anyway, should be a cracker. Come on you Rhinos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Should be a cracking match. Was there the last time we played Wigan when Jason Robinson scored the winner. Really hoping for a Leeds win so Peacock, Kylie and Sir Kev can go out on a high.

Should be a cracking match. Was there the last time we played Wigan when Jason Robinson scored the winner. Really hoping for a Leeds win so Peacock, Kylie and Sir Kev can go out on a high.

Well deserved if they did win it. Shame Sinfield is finishing his career in Union though.

Needs more kicking.

• Advertisement

Phew, avoided any nasty old points from anything other than kicking at Twickenham.

Another half of Union unsullied by tacky tries.

Esit: Don't know what Ireland are thinking this half. Scoring tries, tsk tsk.

Cold or worse on the way. Can't sleep. Flip it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

worse on the way.
    You're OK for now - United are not due to play Liverpool again until January ....

Beasty wrote: »
    You're OK for now - United are not due to play Liverpool again until January ....

I know but I'll have the cauldron of emotion and anger that the England v New Zealand b team will create next month or the ferocious atmosphere of England v France. It's going to be chaos as usual here in the Rugby League forum.

• Advertisement

Watching Father Goose on Film 4. Leslie Caron was LOVELY in that film.

Leslie Caron was LOVELY in that film.
    Who does he play for???

I think the Rugby League forum could be a role model for the rest of boards, more forums like this and boards could have a nice rest. We never cause the deelies and doodats and computers and stuff any problems due to our average number of posts per day.

Be more like Rugby League people.

Did not remember Audrey Hepburn was in The Lavender Hill Mob (she played hooker for Batley Bulldogs Beasty)

"Batley Bulldogs Beasty" Like the ring to that - did you suggest they extend their name like that DWW?

"Batley Bulldogs Beasty" Like the ring to that - did you suggest they extend their name like that DWW?

Come on you BBBs

All Blacks played like a Rugby League team, great to watch.

The B in "Blacks" makes All the difference......

..... normal service resumed

Watching Les Dawson on BBC 4, he was a funny man, some of its a bit dated but there's still some very clever jokes.

Would have been a Salford Reds man I'd say.

• Advertisement

Turf, briquettes, coal or wood next on the fire?

Turf, briquettes, coal or wood next on the fire?

It was wood

For some reason I could not load the last page of this thread. The only way I've managed to do so is by changing my display default to 40 threads a page from "forum default"

Think the Unionists are corrupting the site .....

For some reason I could not load the last page of this thread. The only way I've managed to do so is by changing my display default to 40 threads a page from "forum default"

Think the Unionists are corrupting the site .....

Spooky thing is that it's happened since I changed the title from running with no issue, boards working fine to current title!

I think this current page is probably the best page amongst a plethora of fantastic pages (plethora, good word) though, so well worth your effort changing your display settings.

A really interesting article I read today, an interesting take on the African American civil rights salute in the 1968 Olympics 200m award ceremony. The Aussie who came second and his story. Genuinely fascinating read.

http://www.filmsforaction.org/articles/the-white-man-in-that-photo/

Was going to comment on how predictable the Rugby Union world cup is with a New Zealand v Australia final, then I thought, it's slightly less predictable than a Rugby League World cup final.

RL Kiwi haka is still better than a All Black haka though.

Thread title is strictly inaccurate - I deleted a thread in October 2013 and permabanned the OP, although I did it at the Sports Category level rather than just in this forum .....

Thank you Rugby League forum. Calm and lovely as ever.

• Advertisement

Is that because you've christened that ban hammer? is there anyone (other than me) still allowed to post here?

Advertisement