Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Of Canada have a new album on the way!

• 01-04-2012 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭

For the first time in 7 years the Scottish Duo, are recording a brand new album!

I'm absolutely stoked, and really hope it gets released this year!

Who knows, we may even get a 21/12/2012 release which would be in line with BoC's sense of humour! ;)

I haven't been excited about an album like this in a long time.

There is also speculation that it may be a double album.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Great news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

Great news indeed!
    Black Dog posted recently on their Twitter page that they're going to make a remix for The Boards of Canada.
    There has been some many false rumors over the last couple of years about a new BOC album but I have to say things are looking good for a release this year.
    Maybe they will releas it in Boctober;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

About bloody time! :D been waiting on this new album the past few years, it seemed like every year they were due to release something new. If it's anything as good as The Campfire Headphase I will be a very happy camper.

Now we just need Aphex Twin to do the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

Hehe, was expecting a backlash of "ya right, aprils fools" responses!

But yep, seems legit.

They changed their myspace status to "in the studio" on the 22nd of December:
    http://www.myspace.com/abeautifulplace

They have tweeted a few links to their facebook, youtube page (which has some very nice playlists of their favourite fan made videos), and website:

http://twitter.com/#!/boctransmission

And best of all on their facebook page...

...this:

541840_209344162504747_1746062991_n.jpg

TheBlackDog ‏ @TheBlackDog
    Doing a remix for Boards of Canada.
    http://https://twitter.com/#!/TheBlackDog/status/180228802981527553

Warp also commented recently
    Boards of Canada “are definitely working on new material”, “there is nothing in the cards at the moment in terms of a scheduled release.”
    http://pitchfork.com/news/45754-dont-get-too-excited-about-a-new-boards-of-canada-album-just-yet-everybody/

It's a coming, we just have to hang on a little while longer :cool:
    When it does happen, I wonder if they will play a few shows.. maybe curate ATP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 mclovin.

Warp also commented recently
    http://pitchfork.com/news/45754-dont-get-too-excited-about-a-new-boards-of-canada-album-just-yet-everybody/

It's a coming, we just have to hang on a little while longer :cool:
    When it does happen, I wonder if they will play a few shows.. maybe curate ATP.

That sums it all up doesnt it. They've been "working on new material" for something like 4 years now. I wouldn't get your hopes up for 2012 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

mclovin. wrote: »
    That sums it all up doesnt it. They've been "working on new material" for something like 4 years now. I wouldn't get your hopes up for 2012 to be honest.

6 years actually!

According to their online representative - mdg:

http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92756#92756
    mdg wrote:
    Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:55 am

BOC are never 'not working', they're always in the studio. They've been in the studio solidly since 2006 working on the new records you'll be hearing soon. If we had put a notice up on the official site back in 2006 to the effect that "BOC are in the studio", you would no doubt be complaining now that the notice hadn't been changed in three years.

I think the bold part of that post is interesting.

The fact that they now have put up a status saying they're "in the studio" on myspace, and confirmed a new album is on the way on facebook it seems that something is on the way soon, I certainly do not think we will be waiting another 6 years.

If i was to bet, I'd say we'd be seeing a release in the next 2 years at the most.

But of course nothing is set in stone, and delays can always happen.

I waited a over a decade for Duke Nukem Forever to be released, I can certainly wait for this!

Thankfully though, in comparison to DNF, the chances of BOC writing off a legacy is slim to none. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mclovin.

waveform wrote: »
    6 years actually!

According to their online representative - mdg:

http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92756#92756

I think the bold part of that post is interesting.

The fact that they now have put up a status saying they're "in the studio" on myspace, and confirmed a new album is on the way on facebook it seems that something is on the way soon, I certainly do not think we will be waiting another 6 years.

If i was to bet, I'd say we'd be seeing a release in the next 2 years at the most.

But of course nothing is set in stone, and delays can always happen.

I waited a over a decade for Duke Nukem Forever to be released, I can certainly wait for this!

Thankfully though, in comparison to DNF, the chances of BOC writing off a legacy is slim to none. ;)

Ah ye, Im not saying it'll be another 6 years. You're probably in around right with 2 years. MDG is the one that also runs that facebook page too, so its all coming from him.

Just saying that a new BOC album isn't imminent.

mclovin. wrote: »
    Just saying that a new BOC album isn't imminent.

Oh yes it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Bored of Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

waveform wrote: »
    For the first time in 7 years the Scottish Duo, are recording a brand new album!

I'm absolutely stoked, and really hope it gets released this year!

Who knows, we may even get a 21/12/2012 release which would be in line with BoC's sense of humour! ;)

I haven't been excited about an album like this in a long time.

There is also speculation that it may be a double album.

Music Has The Right To Children and The Campfire Headphase are double LPs.
    Geogaddi is a triple.

Looking forward to this - they've been too quiet.

There was talk in the past about box set with all the (officially) unreleased music, such as the Old Tunes cassettes, Random 35 and a whole bunch of stuff, been apart of the next album. I would love to see this come to fruition.
    If they also could chuck in the unknown, unreleased tracks they played live, I would be one happy chap. Or maybe I'm asking to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Technocentral should be looking forward to this:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭superluck

Aphex Twin is releasing his 10 albums soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rubble

There was talk in the past about box set with all the (officially) unreleased music, such as the Old Tunes cassettes, Random 35 and a whole bunch of stuff, been apart of the next album. I would love to see this come to fruition.
    If they also could chuck in the unknown, unreleased tracks they played live, I would be one happy chap. Or maybe I'm asking to much.

A new album or a compilation of old stuff would be great. I'm feeling a bit optimistic about this now. If My Bloody Valentine can get off their arses and finally release something this year I don't see why BOC can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

superluck wrote: »
    Aphex Twin is releasing his 10 albums soon too.

I wish!! :D

Good news on the new album. Now, if Kraftwerk will ever release that album they say they're working on!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Malpaisian

Great news. Been loving The Boards since the start. There's been so much longing and anticipation of a new album, I hope it doesn't disappoint!

In the meantime, those of you suffering from cravings for new BOC material may find Tipper and Ulrich Schnauss help a little. Not assuming anything. Just a heads up for those who may not have discovered these two great artists. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kd397

BUMP!!
    A mysterious 12" vinyl was found last Saturday in a record store in NYC

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Record_Store_Day_incident#.UXTas6LwmSo

Could this be another elaborate hoax or the end of a seven year wait?

Anybody else following these events? Have you checked your local record Store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Been following this on Twitter and stuff, it's pretty cool! Not the best time for me to be on Twitter with final year exams coming up, hope the other vinyls are found soon!

The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last.

And in other news...
    2520_456059691140900_728734651_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I saw Loop in McGonagles back in 1990. Supported by Therapy? Awesome gig.

Something beautiful is about to happen

Tomorrow night...maybe.

The suspense is killing me!! If they do release an album soon it had better be bloody amazing. Geogaddi-level amazing.
    nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    I saw Loop in McGonagles back in 1990. Supported by Therapy? Awesome gig.
    I hate you. They seemed like a great band to see high :)

Zero1986 wrote: »
    The suspense is killing me!! If they do release an album soon it had better be bloody amazing. Geogaddi-level amazing.

I hate you. They seemed like a great band to see high :)

I hate him too:pac:Does the Loop reunion deserve's it's own thread?

As for BOC, it's going to end tonight, I can feel it. I would not be suprised if they play a secret gig tonight.
    No matter what way you look at this, it's full of win!

New album of old tunes made brand new?

Loop are curating the last ever ATP by the looks of it and reissuing their 3 albums. Imagine if they got Spacemen 3 to reform and play the same festival, how unbelievably mind-blowing would that be?

Were any more of those mystery BoC records found since or was it only the one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

BOC are revealing the info over vinyl, radio and now TV!

Advertisement