Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 11th Annual Boards White Christmas Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Looks like we are a beaten docket in terms of a White Christmas day - but plenty scope for some snow over the Christmas period. In terms of the big day itself, a lot of us should hopefully wake up to a decent frost which will be seasonal of itself. In fact it should be a nice, dry day in general. Latest morning temps from GFS below...

20122506_2112.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

For me, a frosty christmas morning would be almost as good as snow. Obviously not the same, but wayyyyy better than mild muck. I would consider a Christmas with frost to be a 'silver' christmas :D. And then a chance of snow over the Chrismas period....:D Hopefully.

If anything the guidance for the big day is for it to be a bit colder than recent suggestions. Should be an early frost for many and temps unlikely to go above 6 or 7 at peak, so a very seasonal day all in all. Dry too which allows a bit more outdoor meeting up which might be prudent for older relatives

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

We do a Christmas Day prediction on Dec 1st at home.

I said 10c and dry
    My wife said 6c and wet
    Kids said 0c and snow
    and -20c and snow

Its a bit like the GFS isnt it
    Day 1 10c
    Day 5 6c
    Day 10 0c
    Day 16 -20c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Some parts of England seeing a white Christmas.

chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/met-office-confirms-white-christmas-19521050

• Advertisement

No white christmas here but a frosty morning nonetheless. Merry christmas everyone :)

Yeah, no white Christmas again this year but a lovely, seasonal, day. No frost in my area but a very cool day that topped out at 6c. No real breeze though and plenty of sun. Was able to meet and do the present swap with my parents and my in laws in their respective back gardens which was great in the current circumstances. Suspect many others did similar and today's weather will, literally, save lives accordingly.

A bit of snow in the next fortnight would top things off nicely though!

Happy Christmas all, hopefully see you back in this thread on 1 Nov 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Thanks very much Rebel for having this thread every year,its a bit of fun to read it on the lead up to Christmas,I am sure you will deliver us a white Christmas some year!!

I'm pretty sure I saw some lying snow on the blackstairs mountains today so on a technical level it was a white Christmas :D

Advertisement