Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Mince Pies

• 16-12-2020 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Anyone spot any vegan friendly mince pies? I've been checking all the branded ones looking for options but no luck. I was sure Mr Kipling had vegan friendly references on some of their ones last year but not any more as they have milk.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fields of Athenry in health shops are vegan (€5 for 4) and are excellent. There were some vegan ones in aldi or lidl too that were cheap, can't remember which. Tesco also have some for €1.50 for 6 in the free from section.

Edit: I checked and it was Lidl, box of 12 favorina brand ones. Tesco is plant chef and in Dunnes there were Oggs, rare to find them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I normally make my own :D the shop bought ones pastry always tastes stale to me, plus at least I know what's in mine!

I found these this morning but haven’t tried them yet.

Would hope they can’t be too hard to find in Ireland if I could buy them here.

I’ll report back when I’ve had a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

klopparama wrote: »
    I found these this morning but haven’t tried them yet.

Would hope they can’t be too hard to find in Ireland if I could buy them here.

I’ll report back when I’ve had a couple.

They are really good, I've had them a few times myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

M&S have some now too

• Advertisement

Those pies I linked above are really nice.

I would like ratio of filling to pastry to be different, maybe an extra 40% filling, but they are nice and especially with some custard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Are all mince pies not Vegan if they use veg oil in the Pastry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

The oggs ones are pretty good. Got them in Dunnes. The filling is more substantial and has a nice sharpness to it. Pastry isn't too greasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

I made some myself and they came out well!! (tasted better than they looked)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The most vegetarian part of our Christmas day. Made and iced in school by our daughter.

cTRJ2sM.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement