Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday/Wednesday 22/23rd, snow and breeze watch

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Maybe just maybe with this end Dec/beginning January event the Cork snowshield will be well and truly broken!
    I'm thinking of Leahyl and others!
    Roll on the rollercoaster I'm selling tickets!

Aw it’s nice to hear someone remembers me! I don’t post too much anymore; I can tell you though, tonight is BALTIC! I feel something coming in the next few weeks...!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

That breeze would cut you in two.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Bitter out by the Kerry coast today in the stiff wind even though the temperature was reading about 8C.

Pic of Fenit Harbour with snow on the Slieve Mish Mountains in the background as cloud was beginning to clear late morning.

ycnNp3I.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Galtees this evening. Car was saying 6 degrees but it felt much, much colder. Very windy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Galtees this evening. Car was saying 6 degrees but it felt much, much colder. Very windy too.

Where is that? Looks like you're on the North side looking south.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

tails_naf wrote: »
    Where is that? Looks like you're on the North side looking south.

Just outside Lisvernane Village in Aherlow.
    Think you're right about North side looking south, after 16 years I'm still a 'blow in round here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Irish Sea influenced weather across vast swathes of Ireland last night - the deepening low scuppered snowfall chances for all but the very SW areas protected by a long land fetch.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Danno wrote: »
    Irish Sea influenced weather across vast swathes of Ireland last night - the deepening low scuppered snowfall chances for all but the very SW areas protected by a long land fetch.

ah well... maybe as well until after Christmas. Enough problems without being snowed in for so many..

Ah Well!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Bitter out by the Kerry coast today in the stiff wind even though the temperature was reading about 8C.

Pic of Fenit Harbour with snow on the Slieve Mish Mountains in the background as cloud was beginning to clear late morning.

ycnNp3I.jpg?1

Great photo! Can I just say what a beautiful part of the country Kerry is. I love the county (except for the politicians). :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

In Ireland it would appear you have a lower snow line than we have currently in B.C. (albeit at latitudes similar to Brittany across our southern tier). Around Vancouver the snow line is about 600 metres asl. In the Columbia valley near where I live (adjacent to the northwest corner of Idaho) the snow line is just above the river valley, we were in Trail BC yesterday and the ground there is largely bare although frozen, bits of snow appear as you get a few metres up the sides of the valley and it increases to 20 cm of almost entirely frozen but deceptively snow-like substances on the ground around here, probably 30-40 cm in the local mountains.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great photo! Can I just say what a beautiful part of the country Kerry is. I love the county (except for the politicians). :cool:

Thanks Kermit, yeah it's a great county and certainly known for it's character's too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thanks Kermit, yeah it's a great county and certainly known for it's character's too :pac:

I miss Killarney mightily but the rest is too.... tamed. ;)

Advertisement