Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League and all things European Rugby League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I see there's been an acceptance that its unlikely there'll be a complete regular season, especially with Catalan so many games behind.

So instead of points to decide the league placings, they are going to use Win Percentage, with the proviso that you must play at least 15 games to be considered a valid contender.

The immediate effect is that Catalan leapfrog to the top of the table.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_League_XXV#Table

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Broadcast rights up for grabs again. Sneaky suspicion Sky might nab the Super League rights again against stiff competition from little Tommy and his birthday money. Championship will remain forgotten about.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Good game on BBC One at the moment. Warrington six in front over Saints but could easily go either way.

Hull v Wigan on BBC Two after it.

Super League made the disappointing decision to stop Toronto from rejoining Super League. Backward step I think.

Super League made the disappointing decision to stop Toronto from rejoining Super League. Backward step I think.

Such a shame. Pretty much curtains for the organisation now. Had some absolutely great days out at Lamport Stadium.

Was never a huge Rugby League fan before but I started going by as I lived close by and in the early days they would literally give away tickets and then got more and more into it.

Luckily we have plenty of other sports on the go here but I will miss this

• Advertisement

Such a shame. Pretty much curtains for the organisation now. Had some absolutely great days out at Lamport Stadium.

Was never a huge Rugby League fan before but I started going by as I lived close by and in the early days they would literally give away tickets and then got more and more into it.

Luckily we have plenty of other sports on the go here but I will miss this

Yeah, don't see a way back sadly and Super League will carry on in it's little enclave as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Dour enough final, but a pretty epic final 70 seconds.
    Wigan barely missed a kick from inside their own half to win it on 79 mins (I actually thought it was over, can't have been much in it) and St Helens raced down the field to win via the old traditional method of getting the rebound after a drop-goal hits the post. 8-4 win for Helens.

Dour enough final, but a pretty epic final 70 seconds.
    Wigan barely missed a kick from inside their own half to win it on 79 mins (I actually thought it was over, can't have been much in it) and St Helens raced down the field to win via the old traditional method of getting the rebound after a drop-goal hits the post. 8-4 win for Helens.

Yeah, wasn't a great final. Just about onside for the chase at the end, great finish, and I'm glad Saints won.

Incredibly sad seeing Rob Burrow in the grip of MND, c*nt of a disease. I just donated a few quid to Kevin Sinfield's Just Giving, he has 2 more marathons to go.

https://twitter.com/leedsrhinos/status/1335164023235612672?s=20

Decision day in choosing who takes Wolfpack's place. Hoping for London, though very doubtful. Wouldn't mind seeing Toulouse or York get a crack if they really are bothered about expansion. Otherwise expect to see Featherstone Rovers, Leigh or "give them one more go, they might sort their finances this time" Bradford. I expect they'll go for one of the club's within "the corridor'

• Advertisement

Leigh Centurions it is then. How wonderfully underwhelming from an underwhelming organisation.

London Broncos had good news off field in the week, they'll have a new home at Plough Lane next season (and possibly some of this). Bad news on the pitch is they are riddled with injuries and look like they might be more concerned with just staying in the Championship than getting back to Super League. Hammered at the weekend.

Fastest recorded try in professional Rugby League yesterday. 7 seconds for Hull KR to score from (former Bronco) Jordan Abdull's kick off.

The Super League lads really need to sort out video and digital stuff. The site is worse than it was 15 years ago and watching official highlights on YouTube it says it's 1080p but it looks like something on Real Player 20 years ago.

Buttonftw wrote: »
    The Super League lads really need to sort out video and digital stuff. The site is worse than it was 15 years ago and watching official highlights on YouTube it says it's 1080p but it looks like something on Real Player 20 years ago.

Yeah, it's not great, but then the administration of Super League is a joke so I'm really not surprised.

The Our League app is pretty good, has Chromecast support now so get to watch the mighty Broncos on the big screen.

Broncos and Danny Ward have parted ways. Very sad about that, got their arse kicked by Featherstone Rovers at the weekend but they're mostly just young local lads with a few old timers in the mix after ALL their decent players went to SL after relegation. He worked miracles there, seems like he'd had enough of making silk purses out of pigs ears and wasn't renewing his contract for next year so club let him go early.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Magic weekend this weekend in Newcastle. Im in Newcastle for work the week so got myself tickets for the weekend with some of the lads really looking forward to it.

Been to a couple of magic weekends before and its absolutely brilliant craic. I'm a union man normally but the craic at MW is better than anything I've experienced at a union match. The Toon will be hoppin!

Get into'em GET INTO'EM!

Anyone else going?

What a game yesterday between Saints and Catalans. St. Helen's will be kicking themselves but what a finish by the French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Saints should be furious with themselves. They had chances win it in extra time but the whole stadium was behind Dragons. They did great to win in the end. Best atmosphere of the whole weekend.

The Hull leeds match was next and it went to extra time too. Leeds managed to win it but they both had chances.

The matches today were more dominated by defences. Yesterday had the best games. The Warrington wolves match was a bit of a disappointment in terms of flair. but it was evenly matched.

Brilliant weekend, great fans. Lots of good natured sledging and I didn't see any trouble. The Irish Centre (which is in Chinatown) was hopping too, so I hope they made a few quid. I hope it goes back to Newcastle next year. Class weekend and if highly recommend it to anyone who has ever thought about going. Just do it, its class!

Jealous!!!!!!!! Definitely going to get to a weekend at some stage in 2022, sound like great Craic. I LOVE LEAGUE rugby

London Broncos have gone part-time. Sad old day for RL in England outside of the North West.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,102 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Heading off to the Totally Wicked Stadium on Friday! That's between a Champions League match on Wednesday, and a Rugby Union Premiership match on Sunday, with a bit of Genesis (Banks, Collins and Rutherford), Roger Taylor (the Queen one), and a bit more of Genesis (Hackett). Also Ferrari racing at Oulton Park and Motorbikes at Donington.

Going to be a busy few days for my 6 week old (/new!) knee

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,102 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

...the North East hasn't done badly over the past couple of evenings

Warrington not even getting on the scoreboard tonight v hull KR .....im stunned / amazed at that game/ result........ ask me thus afternoon & I'd have said put a BIG WEDGE on Warrington for the ht& FT result.........thought they were a shoo-in for that game

KR were excellent, looking forward to their game against Catalans now. Whoever wins I hope they win the whole thing.

Haha...they WERE EXCELLENT ......didnt think they had that 80minutes minutes in them.......there must be been a LOT of head scratching in Wrrington dressing room afterwards

Hull KR fluffed their chances a bit in the first half last night, then the game got away from them and stuff just didn't come off when they were chancing their arm.

Good luck to Catalans in the final, hope (but don't expect them to) win it now.

• Advertisement

St Helens I reckon to do over Leeds tonight........ I'm not a gambler per se but I put €50 on them for the HT& FT result. Looking forward to that game!!!

Advertisement