Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

• 28-11-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Hi Folks,
    I always am interested in what other runners are wearing and I always tend to look at others shoes in races...:D

Just wondering, what shoe are you wearing now, your reason for wearing it and what you plan on purchasing next?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

im wearing zoot ultra 4.0 and i love them...will definitely be buying zoot again

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

I'm in LunarGlides 3 at the moment, but still undecided on them...

Will prob look at something from Saucony or Brooks next...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Asics GT 2160 for me cause they were the ones recommended when I first went to get a pair of runners, well actually they were GT 2150's back then. Went for a 2nd opinion in Amphibian King this year and after trying a whole bunch of different shoes, they figured the Asics suited me best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Rotating Adidas Response Cushion with Nike Lunarglides 1.
    Will probably get another pair of Lunarglides next, or try something new.

dna_leri wrote: »
    Rotating Adidas Response Cushion with Nike Lunarglides 1.
    Will probably get another pair of Lunarglides next, or try something new.

Nike lunarglides 2 and saucony kinvara. not running a huge amount at the mo so will stick with lunarglides as like the cushioning. kinvara good for fast runs. also have Brooks green silence but find them too hard and make me run with a weird style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

As you can see from my other post this morning, I've just started with my new pair of Inov8 Road-X 255s.
    Changed from using Asics DS Trainers and 2 runs in I've no problems.
    They're a starter shoe on the route to natural running - though I doubt I'll ever go fully down that route, maybe one or two more steps on the way, but can't see myself in fully flat shoes. :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Asics Gel-Kayano 17 - would prefer to be able to move to something less clunky, but I'm not getting injured in these so there's a lot to be said for that. Next shoe I get? Probably another pair of the same, will be watching the sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Current two pairs are Nike Lunar Elites, will be sticking with Nike for next pair but finding it very hard to get Lunar Elites online, might have to switch to Lunarglide 3 and give them a go...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

NB Minimus
    Inov8 road-x 155
    Saucony Hattori
    Saucony kinvara
    Saucony fastwitch x 2
    Adidas tempo

I'll just list those ones. One pair for each day of the week. :pac:

I want Brooks pure connect and some bare-x. Will wait till I have money. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'm currently rotating a lot of shoes, all pretty much lightweight and neutral. I have Brooks Green Silence (use for track sessions) Adizero Ace (use for general runs) Nike Lunar Racers (short races and Tempos) and Suacony Kinvaras (general training and Long Races).

I used to use Nike Lunarglides a lot more but find them very clunky now. I would use them for the odd recovery run but I don't think I'll be buying another pair.

Of all the other shoes I regularly use I have to say my favourite is the Saucony Kinvara as it's an all round great lightweight shoe suitable for all kinds of training and long races. I can see myself getting a few more pairs in the future, but I can also see myself having the Lunarracers for short races and speed sessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Brooks Adrenaline GT3 (?) were the marathon runners and are still in rotation
    Mizuno Elixirs for the faster runs
    When my wallet recovers in January I'll pick up another pair of runners, maybe Mizuno Wave Inspire, but until then I've an old pair of Asics still being used for recovery runs.
    Oh, and Saucony Kilkenny spikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Two pairs of Mizuno Wave Inspire 7 for everything.
    Pair of iNOV-8 Road-X 255 for faster sessions & races.
    Pair of Saucony Peregrine for getting dirty with in the woods
    Pair of Saucony Hattori for fun and everyday wear. Slowy building runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Now: Mizuno Wave Inspire 7 - was recommended these for slight over pronation, up to 10k distances, now I'm looking to run further I'd better get my gait looked at again.

Next: depends on gait analysis, not much choice when you have size 13 feet though :).

lway wrote: »
    not much choice when you have size 13 feet though :).

Don't worry there's plenty of choice up to size 15! UK16 is a little bit tricky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Too Many (only 18 different pairs this year :eek:), working my through my Response Cushions that I picked up in the scrappage scheme, won't buy these again as they feel too high as I've transitioned about 50% of my miles to lower profile shoes.
    My tried and trusted Tempos are nearing EOL, but there's a new pair about to arrive any day :D.

6424799447_6293b4d865_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Asics DS trainer which I find to be fantastic. Had the same pair all year. Changed from the kayano 17s. Horrible horrible shoe.

Also a pair of Innov8 mudroc 290 which are great in muddy conditions and
    Colombia ravenous trail shoes which are also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭RoverHogan

Mizuno wave elixir 6 are my main shoe at the moment, rotating them with a saucony pro grid 9s. Reckon I'll stick with the elixirs for my next pair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

asics hyperspeed4
    adidas adizero pro4
    vibram kso's

iam quite happy with these 3. need a pair of spikes for the grass just. maybe santa...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

racing shoes:Mizuno Ronin I use for 5k-10k races and track sessions(great grip on wet surfaces)
    Brooks st5 for half marathons

Training:Brooks glycerin,Saucony cortana(my first lower profile shoe)4mm heel-to-toe offset.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

ThirtsyWork, how do you like the Saucony Cortana?

Its a toss up for me whether to go for the Kinvara 2's or the Cortanas...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

mizuno wave-rider 14s (terrible shoe)
    mizuno wave precision 12s (growing on me very slowly)

nellocono wrote: »
    ThirtsyWork, how do you like the Saucony Cortana?

Its a toss up for me whether to go for the Kinvara 2's or the Cortanas...

So far so good,have just done over 100miles so far.Have worn saucony before but the new power grid feels great and the fit is excellent.
    i will be doing a full shoe review soon.
    The Kinvara 3 is released in the next few weeks.

mizuno wave-rider 14s (terrible shoe)
    mizuno wave precision 12s (growing on me very slowly)

you wouldn't be the first to say tha about the 14's.Had a look at the 15's and they have gone back more like the 13's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Brooks ST Racers
    Nike Lunarglide 2
    Asics DS Trainers
    Saloman something or others
    And now trying Brooks Ravenna 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

mizuno wave inspire x1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭griffin100

Nike Air Pegasus, pretty much since I started running 3.5 years ago. Tried Mizuno Wave Inspire after a gait analysis a couple of years ago and ended up nearly destroying my knee. Pegasus are clunky and heavy, but then again so am I. Usually wear them out and just replace with new pair, no need to worry about breaking them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭jfh

interested to hear if you'd train and race in the same shoes,
    for instance i plan to wear kayanos for marathon training but i would not race in them as their too chunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

jfh wrote: »
    for instance i plan to wear kayanos for marathon training but i would not race in them as their too chunky.

I have runners that I use for different sessions - so for example I use the Tempos and Manas for faster paced sessions and more cushioned for my day to day mileage and this time around I'm also using the Tempos for my LSR, so I'm well used to those in advance of the Marathon.

jfh wrote: »

Historically I'd agree with you on this. However!

The new Kayano 18 is a lot, lot, lot lighter than even the Kayano 17, down to 326g.

They have also tweaked the Duomax to make the transition from heel to toe smoother, easing out the clunkiness of the past shoes. If you are used to the structure of the Kayano this one is going to be hard to beat and seems to be ticking more of the boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The new Kayano 18 is a lot, lot, lot lighter than even the Kayano 17, down to 326g.
    That's really good news. :D

Advertisement