Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei Q2 Pro Mesh WiFi 3-pack - £139.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I'm going to try and return mine. I'm having continuous drops on my Google devices (hub sits "connecting" for 5-10 min multiple times a day, speakers unresponsive etc.) Never had that issue with my old cobbled together AP network trio of TP Link/Belkin/Mi routers. My wife's work Surface is also losing connection without even moving.

The advantages of mobile devices moving from room to room seamlessly and better coverage in one corner of the house is massively outweighed by the constant drops on the static devices.

Tried multiple factory resets on both the Q2 set and Google devices. Satellites are using ethernet backhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Hi all

have mine a week now. The satellites are "gone" from my app, keep running diagnostic says "no access". Strange thing is the signal works perfectly, blue light on , not flickering on satellite etc. If i plug out then in again the satellites pop up on app but then disappear after a few mins /hours. Ive have done everything i can to make sure no interference. is it the app or something i am missing. Im not super tech minded but its annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Hi all

have mine a week now. The satellites are "gone" from my app, keep running diagnostic says "no access". Strange thing is the signal works perfectly, blue light on , not flickering on satellite etc. If i plug out then in again the satellites pop up on app but then disappear after a few mins /hours. Ive have done everything i can to make sure no interference. is it the app or something i am missing. Im not super tech minded but its annoying me.

I have the same issues. Thought mine were faulty as no-one else seems to be having this issue. How are your satellites connected - WiFi, powerline or ethernet?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭johntune

They are brutal. Resetting every day and put the Sky Q mini haywire.

Gulliver wrote: »
    I have the same issues. Thought mine were faulty as no-one else seems to be having this issue. How are your satellites connected - WiFi, powerline or ethernet?

as far as i know( not tech savvy) i just plugged the satellites into wall sockets initially and the main one picked them up. on the web based interface both the auto and powerline options are toggled on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Gulliver wrote: »
    I'm going to try and return mine. I'm having continuous drops on my Google devices (hub sits "connecting" for 5-10 min multiple times a day, speakers unresponsive etc.) Never had that issue with my old cobbled together AP network trio of TP Link/Belkin/Mi routers. My wife's work Surface is also losing connection without even moving.

The advantages of mobile devices moving from room to room seamlessly and better coverage in one corner of the house is massively outweighed by the constant drops on the static devices.

Tried multiple factory resets on both the Q2 set and Google devices. Satellites are using ethernet backhaul.

I set mine up this evening, Google Nest Mini's refused to work.

I figured it out in the control panel, from a PC, log into the main units control page.

More Functions > Wifi Settings > 2.4Ghz > Change bandwidth from 40 to 20/40.

This will allow the Google Nest Mini's to connect, the 20mhz is the only bandwidth that seems to be supported by them.

quick update. it seems to have sorted itself out into a top notch system with kick ass coverage. Dont know how , the only thing i changed was i had a philips hue bridge connected into the lan slot on one of the satellites and when removed the coverage went perfect all over the house, the app suddenly picked up all the satellites and its hant dropped signal since . very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

quick update. it seems to have sorted itself out into a top notch system with kick ass coverage. Dont know how , the only thing i changed was i had a philips hue bridge connected into the lan slot on one of the satellites and when removed the coverage went perfect all over the house, the app suddenly picked up all the satellites and its hant dropped signal since . very happy

Same here. Satellites are max 1 wall away from each other, but all 3 devices have settled down and getting more and more comfortable with them. If I'm on a con call and someone says "your video has frozen", more often than not turns out to be their connection!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Have been using them for nearly a month and we have a lot of connection issues, with disconnecting on and off. Also we are having trouble with facetime calls with the US which we did not have in the past. Requested a return and going to go with https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deco-M4-Seamless-Coverage-Replacement/dp/B07NH1J543/ref=psdc_949408031_t2_B07RXLF5XZ or https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deco-P9-Powerline-coverage-Parental/dp/B07XSBGP7G/ref=psdc_949408031_t1_B07NH1J543

Anyone got any experience with the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yup.
    Have the M4.
    Worked flawlessly right out of the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

stenan wrote: »
    Have been using them for nearly a month and we have a lot of connection issues, with disconnecting on and off. Also we are having trouble with facetime calls with the US which we did not have in the past. Requested a return and going to go with https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deco-M4-Seamless-Coverage-Replacement/dp/B07NH1J543/ref=psdc_949408031_t2_B07RXLF5XZ or https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deco-P9-Powerline-coverage-Parental/dp/B07XSBGP7G/ref=psdc_949408031_t1_B07NH1J543

Have those Deco P9s the last couple of months, very happy with them.

You should check out this thread, a lot of input & experiences of the different systems available: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058072654

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I done the same, I had no iussues with 3 units but I need 6 for the area I am covering, once I went over 3 it got flaky. So I sent back and bought P9 units with some of the smaller Deco to fill in the black spots.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I done the same, I had no iussues with 3 units but I need 6 for the area I am covering, once I went over 3 it got flaky. So I sent back and bought P9 units with some of the smaller Deco to fill in the black spots.

How did the return go? Did you have to pay for the postage or how did it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

How did the return go? Did you have to pay for the postage or how did it work?

If you bought from Amazon, just tell them they don't work properly and they'll cover the cost of return postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Are these working effectively for anyone who bought them as simple plug and go?

I was going to return them, but I think they're working fine.....

Mine are perfect. 290 of my 300mb on wifi when close to one (5ghz) and 50 ish when further away (2.4ghz). Thats when using the three with wired backhaul. When I disconnect the wired backhaul and let mesh/powerline take over I am getting about 100mb on the 5ghz network and 50 on the 2.4ghz. Thats with two units downstairs and one in the attic (thick stone walls downstairs, so the one in the attic is feeding the 2nd one downstairs through the celing instead of through the walls I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Kencollins wrote: »
    Mine are perfect. 290 of my 300mb on wifi when close to one (5ghz) and 50 ish when further away (2.4ghz). Thats when using the three with wired backhaul. When I disconnect the wired backhaul and let mesh/powerline take over I am getting about 100mb on the 5ghz network and 50 on the 2.4ghz. Thats with two units downstairs and one in the attic (thick stone walls downstairs, so the one in the attic is feeding the 2nd one downstairs through the celing instead of through the walls I imagine.

Cheers, don't think backhauling is an option for now.

Debating these or just going with the cheaper Deco S4 or Tendas.

It does seem like these are a step above but are they really

Am i right you can't prioritise devices with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,527 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Our BluRay player seems to have intermitten network issues with it, but otherwise they working grand for me. WiFi is vastly improved around the house and i will replace the bluray player with an Android TV Box, which I wanted an excuse to do anyway.

My reading of all the messages, is that the best "backhaul" is wired if possible.

PowerLine backhaul is ok with one pack of them, but a second three pack on the same mains curcuit kills it.
    Am i right you can't prioritise devices with it?

Depends what you mean by "prioritise devices" under the "Manage Device" option in the router menu, one can "limit" the upload and download rate, you can also "ban" them from internet access, but i have not bother with this yet.

Our BluRay player seems to have intermitten network issues with it, but otherwise they working grand for me. WiFi is vastly improved around the house and i will replace the bluray player with an Android TV Box, which I wanted an excuse to do anyway.

My reading of all the messages, is that the best "backhaul" is wired if possible.

PowerLine backhaul is ok with one pack of them, but a second three pack on the same mains curcuit kills it.

Depends what you mean by "prioritise devices" under the "Manage Device" option in the router menu, one can "limit" the upload and download rate, you can also "ban" them from internet access, but i have not bother with this yet.

Finally decided to get rid of these. There was definite flakiness when using a vpn for work

Anyway, got a return label from box.co.uk. wouldn't scan in the shop.for DPD as its UK label

Got on to them, they said someone would call to the house, yesterday, then today, no sign.

Anyone who returned these, how did you do it?

Got the tplink s4, way better. Stronger coverage

• Advertisement

They found mine faulty and gave me a full refund. The Dècos I have are far far better with better signal, stable and where cheaper. Happy days :)

They found mine faulty and gave me a full refund. The Dècos I have are far far better with better signal, stable and where cheaper. Happy days :)

All good, DPD collected today

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭delboy76

I am looking at getting something for my 1000mb Siro connection and was wondering if anyone had any experience replacing the vodafone gigabox with these? No CAT5 or 6 cabling in the house so will have to rely on powerline backhaul.

I replaced the gigabox with these. It was simple, just had to put in a username and password in the PPPOE settings, set VLAN tag to 10, and the Huawei router connected to the internet.

The PPOE username is the router serial number, like E1234CM45555446@vfieftth.ie, and the password was broadband1

I connected the vodafone router and the huawei to a cheap switch, so they both get their own IP address. This allowes the VOIP phone to work with the vodafone box, without causing a double NAT issue.

The powerline backhaul maxes out at about 100mb for me. The 5ghz mesh manages about 300 in my house with concrete walls downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

Had an interesting experience this evening with these devices. I was messing about with them and factory reset them. When they came back up I did a speedtest and was getting 300mb down and 200mb up ... all good. Then I reconfigured the router to use the IP addresses of my old network (10.0.0.0/24) and when I did a speedtest from the same place in the house with the same device I was getting 30mb down and 17Mb up. I changed back to the default netowrk of 192.168.3.0/24 and the speeds were back to the 300/200Mbps. I don't know why but the network configuration made a significant difference to the speed. I'll do more reading and see if I can get to the bottom of it but thought this information might be useful to some on here

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Finally decided to get rid of these. There was definite flakiness when using a vpn for work

Anyway, got a return label from box.co.uk. wouldn't scan in the shop.for DPD as its UK label

Got on to them, they said someone would call to the house, yesterday, then today, no sign.

Anyone who returned these, how did you do it?

Got the tplink s4, way better. Stronger coverage

@Gabbo, did you get to return yours to box.co.uk using the generated DPD label, I've started the return process and would be great if I didnt have to get them back to the UK.

Thanks
    W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

How they turn out for everyone else? Looking at set for brother who has a lower budget than tp link

People still using

@Gabbo, did you get to return yours to box.co.uk using the generated DPD label, I've started the return process and would be great if I didnt have to get them back to the UK.

Thanks
    W.

Has to go to UK. A DPD location won't accept the generated barcode. Had to get on to box support, who arranged a specific DPD collection to the house. After a couple of days, was collected. All good. In fact, box were excellent.

How they turn out for everyone else? Looking at set for brother who has a lower budget than tp link

People still using

I'm still using mine. They are pretty solid. Had one issue where one of the satellites connected by cable to the main router went a bit crazy. Any devices connected to that one had no internet. A plug out and back in sorted it. I have been using it for work from home for the last two months with no issues with VPN or video calls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Has anyone used : devolo Magic 2–2400 WiFi next: Ultimate powerline Starter Kit

Considering getting this set - any real world experience reviews when using with 1Gb BB?

Advertisement