Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Elections. The Constituency of Tipperary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

jonski wrote: »
    It was in response to the statement that 'it was a great performance from him '. He is a sitting minister and he was elected in last place , that doesn't seem like a great performance to me .

Give credit where credit is due, He got 10%

Nationally the party only got 6.6%.

This a tremendous performance when compared nationally ! Especially when one considers what a difficult portfolio he held !

Do you have to be reminded that some Ministers lost their seats ?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Xenophile wrote:

Well I certainly don't need to be reminded of how fanatical his followers are .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Xenophile wrote: »
    Give credit where credit is due, He got 10%

Nationally the party only got 6.6%.

This a tremendous performance when compared nationally ! Especially when one considers what a difficult portfolio he held !

Well fair play to him. He held on when no one gave him a hope.

I think you mean committed followers. Sounds very much like sour grapes !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

More accurate to say committed supporters !

• Advertisement

Sour grapes !

I'll make no secret of the fact that I don't like the guy , I find his attitude and arrogance disgusting . But he won't be representing me here in Limerick and the good people of Tipp are entitled to vote for whom ever they want . I do find his followers to be a bit fanatical as well though , but shur you probably get that with all the candidates .

I'll make no secret of the fact that I don't like the guy , I find his attitude and arrogance disgusting . But he won't be representing me here in Limerick and the good people of Tipp are entitled to vote for whom ever they want . I do find his followers to be a bit fanatical as well though , but shur you probably get that with all the candidates .

Good to see you mellow a little ! Too many "hail fellow well met" have brought the country down the tubes !

Good to see you mellow a little ! Too many "hail fellow well met" have brought the country down the tubes !

I wasn't aware I was anything but mellow . It wasn't me posting 3 replies in rapid succession screaming Sour grapes at the end ;) .

Shur maybe this result will encourage a bit of humility in the young man .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,410 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wasn't aware I was anything but mellow . It wasn't me posting 3 replies in rapid succession screaming Sour grapes at the end ;) .

Shur maybe this result will encourage a bit of humility in the young man .

He's an arrogant power hungry twat.

• Advertisement

He's an arrogant power hungry twat.

But, he is ever so pleasing to the eye.

I wasn't aware I was anything but mellow .

Mellow ? You are the only one here that mentioned fanatics !

You won't see or hear much of him anymore. They only have 6 seats and no speaking time.

You won't see or hear much of him anymore. They only have 6 seats and no speaking time.

As much as you would love that, sorry to disappoint you. They will probably take two more seats

Dublin Bay North and Longford Westmeath. They just need to take one of these.

As much as you would love that, sorry to disappoint you. They will probably take two more seats

Dublin Bay North and Longford Westmeath. They just need to take one of these.

Drat.
    They are much weaker now though thankfully. Butts kicked.

Drat.

Drat, never heard of it !

Mellow ? You are the only one here that mentioned fanatics !

But I only mentioned it , I didn't shout it out in a massive font ;)

I did decide to reel it in a bit though as I was worried about your blood pressure , no need to thank me .

But I only mentioned it , I didn't shout it out in a massive font ;)

A big difference between sour grapes and fanatics

I did decide to reel it in a bit though as I was worried about your blood pressure , no need to thank me .

Such a disingenuous statement, you can thank me for this if you like !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Specsavers, two for the price of one - make an appointment :D

Specsavers, two for the price of one - make an appointment :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I always got more value in Extra Vision :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Some might see it as fanatical to constantly barrage the various candidate choices of voters in a different constituency.

People making choices is better than people who are against everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Very interesting results in Tipp. Surprised with matties vote I thought he'd struggle a bit but obviously I underestimated his support. I was sure FG would hold a seat also. Kelly is deserving of his spot, he's a thoroughly unlikeable fellow but a competent politician and the complete antithesis of Lowry/McGrath. I honestly believe that if we voted for more people like him we'd all be better off in the long run and maybe the systems might work better and we wouldn't have to rely on the parish pump guys to get routine stuff done. The Healy Raes in Kerry exemplifies this, forging a political career out of getting around a dysfunctional health and housing system. If we fixed the system they'd be fooked.

Hard luck to Hayes and Coonan who probably haven't done a whole lot wrong in their time in office but got caught in the general anti government move towards independents that has become apparent in this election.

Best of luck to Jackie Cahill on his election, hope he will serve the people of Tipp well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

mickeyk wrote: »
    Very interesting results in Tipp. Surprised with matties vote I thought he'd struggle a bit but obviously I underestimated his support. I was sure FG would hold a seat also. Kelly is deserving of his spot, he's a thoroughly unlikeable fellow but a competent politician and the complete antithesis of Lowry/McGrath. I honestly believe that if we voted for more people like him we'd all be better off in the long run and maybe the systems might work better and we wouldn't have to rely on the parish pump guys to get routine stuff done. The Healy Raes in Kerry exemplifies this, forging a political career out of getting around a dysfunctional health and housing system. If we fixed the system they'd be fooked.

Hard luck to Hayes and Coonan who probably haven't done a whole lot wrong in their time in office but got caught in the general anti government move towards independents that has become apparent in this election.

Best of luck to Jackie Cahill on his election, hope he will serve the people of Tipp well.
    I don't think hard luck had anything to do with it rather than not doing a whole lot except in Hayes case of having the uncanny knack of working his way in to the TV shot behind Enda all the time like a nodding dog.

I must say that the Retuning Officer, Mr. Gerard Connolly did a magnificent job in the way he conducted the count from start to finish.

All those funerals and opening of envelopes Mattie went to paid off!

Kelly will have plenty of time for that now too.
    Keep him out of harms way and prevent him from annoying the electorate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Kelly will have plenty of time for that now too.
    Keep him out of harms way and prevent him from annoying the electorate.
    Until he makes a bid for Labour leader, get's into the government in 2021 and pulls an Underwood to become Taoiseach. Power is a drug.

Until he makes a bid for Labour leader, get's into the government in 2021 and pulls an Underwood to become Taoiseach. Power is a drug.

He'll probably desert that scuppered ship, Labour, and join Fine Gael or whatever party he thinks might further his ego trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

He'll probably desert that scuppered ship, Labour, and join Fine Gael or whatever party he thinks might further his ego trip.
    There's less of a chance of him becoming party leader at FG though, unless he's got more Underwood in him than we think.

• Advertisement

If things get too boring for him around here over the next two years, he could always go back to his old job as an MEP. The Labour Party has no MEP representing Ireland South.

But I know you would not want him to do that as you would miss him too much :)

Advertisement