Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Gonna give it till the 15th of July then cancel if its not shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

I've told them I'll wait until May15 2021 and opened three PayPal disputes for a defective battery, defective filters and a defective car charger. I've explained to PayPal that if they get Banggood to ship the drone it will resolve each issue or they can refund the accessories. BGs Customer Service smugly told me PayPal will just refer me back to them but I find it a very satisfying way to while away the wait.

Seriously, if everyone who got stung for accessories by them did this PayPal will get irritated with Banggood and demand action.

I've also emailed FIMI with my order details and history of messing by Banggood and asked them as a loyal Mi4k customer who could only order from their sole partner back in April what they are going to do about Banggood.

Someone got an ES order filled recently from Germany and noted the manufacturing date was April showing FIMI manufacturing were indeed making these in plenty of time for the initial May 15th ship commit. Banggood are clearly hoping to sell finite supply for higher prices so I'm subscribing to my backordered pals idea of go at them every possible angle.

Acouple of questions to ponder:
    1)There's a disappointing number of people reporting issues with the 2020 X8 given the small numbers out there with no clear picture on whether you should fly as-is out of the box or update everything.
    2) A lot of them are getting battered in shipping with no transport packaging so if it arrives in a battered box, should you sign for it and hope it's ok or reject it outright or test it and hope to resolve any defects afterwards. The long wait might influence your decision! But crash damage and shipping damage look very similar in the event of a claim.

Finally for anyone new to GPS drones this guy does some of the most concise videos on most of the X8's flight features and he's worth a look for anyone with one. Subtitled but his video editing is excellent. Start here https://youtu.be/Vpi47Xmg3DA
    But he did an excellent job on Dynamic Home point setting if you're after the more advanced stuff. It's a great drone if you can get a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Maybe should start a new thread for this......
    But seeing as many interested in a drone are here.
    DJI - Mavic Pro Combo Platinum - Quadcopter Drone with Camera is on Amazon Germany Deal of the Day for €799 + €12 shipping to Ireland.

https://www.amazon.de/DJI-Mavic-Platinum-Combo-Bilderqualit%C3%A4t/dp/B075FRZ3RL/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1JIPI2VJZLTB&dchild=1&keywords=dji+mavic+platinum&qid=1593610899&sprefix=dji+mavic+plat%2Caps%2C258&sr=8-5

After Irish VAT is added it goes up to €848 + €12 delivery so if anyone is going for it, it would be about €40 cheaper to get it delivered to and from mailboxde.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Daibheid wrote: »
    I've told them I'll wait until May15 2021 and opened three PayPal disputes for a defective battery, defective filters and a defective car charger. I've explained to PayPal that if they get Banggood to ship the drone it will resolve each issue or they can refund the accessories. BGs Customer Service smugly told me PayPal will just refer me back to them but I find it a very satisfying way to while away the wait.

Seriously, if everyone who got stung for accessories by them did this PayPal will get irritated with Banggood and demand action.

PayPal will make you return the accessories if your looking for a refund, no chance of getting your money back and keeping them. Just be aware trying to return a battery may be hard and need a specific courier, and PayPal will only cover return costs up to a certain amount.

I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭padair

Suckit wrote: »
    Maybe should start a new thread for this......
    But seeing as many interested in a drone are here.
    DJI - Mavic Pro Combo Platinum - Quadcopter Drone with Camera is on Amazon Germany Deal of the Day for €799 + €12 shipping to Ireland.

https://www.amazon.de/DJI-Mavic-Platinum-Combo-Bilderqualit%C3%A4t/dp/B075FRZ3RL/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1JIPI2VJZLTB&dchild=1&keywords=dji+mavic+platinum&qid=1593610899&sprefix=dji+mavic+plat%2Caps%2C258&sr=8-5

After Irish VAT is added it goes up to €848 + €12 delivery so if anyone is going for it, it would be about €40 cheaper to get it delivered to and from mailboxde.com

Back up again would have pulled trigger on this of I had seen it

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »
    PayPal will make you return the accessories if your looking for a refund, no chance of getting your money back and keeping them. Just be aware trying to return a battery may be hard and need a specific courier, and PayPal will only cover return costs up to a certain amount.

I
    You're right and I'm not interested in getting the accessories for free. My primary objective is to put pressure on BG via PayPal to cough up the drone itself. Worst case is to get my money back on the accessories and not be left with useless accessories if Banggood cancel - as happened with Gearbest on the Zino- or if I decide to cancel and buy something else.

I could return the accessories for a refund right now but as you point out that could be expensive but with PayPal involved Banggood may be made to pay. As I posted, I've told PayPal the best resolution is if BG get me my way overdue drone and these disputes go away - at no cost to anyone.
    Banggood are starting to get a lot of heat on multiple platforms and being ambushed about the X8 situation on almost anything they post on Twitter etc and even on their own review site. It'll make a difference eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭pete6296

http://www.adverts.ie/20866366

Might somebody, everything but drone

pete6296 wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/20866366

Might somebody, everything but drone
    Yikes, how long did you have the drone for?

padair wrote: »
    Yikes, how long did you have the drone for?

6 days

Ah balls, sorry to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Have just seen this on the Facebook x8 owners group

Looks like ES warehouse has started to ship some units

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

6 days

:eek: What happened?

:eek: What happened?

Lost drone

Lost drone
    Have you read through the RCGroups forum?
    It seems that you may have some comeback. The drone may have (had) a bug in it that could make flyaways more likely.

I don't want to get your hopes up, it may amount to absolutely nothing. But may be worth reading over.

Suckit wrote: »
    Have you read through the RCGroups forum?
    It seems that you may have some comeback. The drone may have (had) a bug in it that could make flyaways more likely.

I don't want to get your hopes up, it may amount to absolutely nothing. But may be worth reading over.

Haven't read this. Where do I find this forum.
    All files etc. sent to fimi and they concluded drone was perfect

Haven't read this. Where do I find this forum.
    All files etc. sent to fimi and they concluded drone was perfect
    I can't link from here, but the threads are linked a page or two back.
    Hopefully there will be a lot more info there coupled with the fact that it wasn't a one off, and there are relatively few of them out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Just been informed that royal mail customs in the North have my aliexpress order, will be fun trying to sort this mess with parcel motel

Banggood are starting to get a lot of heat on multiple platforms and being ambushed about the X8 situation on almost anything they post on Twitter etc and even on their own review site. It'll make a difference eventually!

Well whaddaya know, I've got a shipping notification from Banggood. Could be the last thing I ever buy from them but at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Well whaddaya know, I've got a shipping notification from Banggood. Could be the last thing I ever buy from them but at last!

You ordered from the Spanish warehouse?

You ordered from the Spanish warehouse?

Ordered from ES, Spanish warehouse on April 6th, committed ship date was May 15 and stayed at that until this week. They may have just got a pallet of a few hundred in as they did recently to the CZ warehouse but this week is the first time anything has shipped out of Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Mine is in Holland this morning ... from the Ali Fimi store

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Where it will sit for the next month. My drone is there 3 weeks now.
    Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Mine is in Holland this morning ... from the Ali Fimi store

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭JamBur

What sort of money should I ask for a Xiaomi Mi 4k? Includes 2 batteries. Carry case, charger, wifi dongle, spare blades, some other bits.

CFC007 wrote: »
    Where it will sit for the next month. My drone is there 3 weeks now.

Ah feck, I was hoping to have it this week when I saw it made it that far

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Ah feck, I was hoping to have it this week when I saw it made it that far

Just got update this morning that its arrived in my country .... checked the Ali tracker and its now in Belgium ... not sure who's country that is but it aint mine!
    Although 17Track not showing any movement

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

just an update of sorts...

mine was estimated to ship before yesterday

got on to bg cs this morning:

09:03:54 
    do you have an estimate on when it will be in stock?
    I have read of people ordering on other sites & receiving this same item
    Clara 09:04:30 
    I am sorry the estimated time is not yet specified.
    If you want you can wait for 1-3 weeks , it may be available within that.

:/

Folks, anyone know where the best place to pick up a MiDrone 4k would be (or similar alternative?).

Mine lost a propeller mid-flight this morning so it's heading to the bin unfortunately. I'm also seeing Phantom 3's on adverts. etc for cheap enough pricing. Has anyone use one before and able to comment on them? I like the Mi Drone 4k but I don't want to be waiting 2 months for it or paying over the odds, if i can avoid it.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭jamesd

Anyone else got for a refund since or talk to them ?

Folks, anyone know where the best place to pick up a MiDrone 4k would be (or similar alternative?).

Mine lost a propeller mid-flight this morning so it's heading to the bin unfortunately. I'm also seeing Phantom 3's on adverts. etc for cheap enough pricing. Has anyone use one before and able to comment on them? I like the Mi Drone 4k but I don't want to be waiting 2 months for it or paying over the odds, if i can avoid it.

Cheers :)

How much damage did it take?

• Advertisement

A bit of everything got damaged. Camera came off, one leg bent, the other snapped, propeller gone altogether.

20200713-172907.jpg

Advertisement