Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nissan Pulsar VZR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

whats not to have a clue about? little skobies drive civics, and you dont compare a civic to a bmw, end of

so every person that drives a civic is a "skobie"

well done.

and give me a jap car over a european car every time.

especially bmws

bmws are more common than hondas these days..round my way anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

copeyhagen wrote: »
    so every person that drives a civic is a "skobie"

well done.

and give me a jap car over a european car every time.

especially bmws

bmws are more common than hondas these days..round my way anyway.

yeah the majority are, them a little glanza's aka starlets are skobie magnets!

dont get me wrong i like jap cars, but jap cars end at the preformance, european cars have the comfert that you just dont get with a jap car. and i wonder why there so common? eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

whats not to have a clue about? little skobies drive civics, and you dont compare a civic to a bmw, end of

Now your Stereotyping all Honda Civic drivers as "Skobies"??

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Now your Stereotyping all Honda Civic drivers as "Skobies"??

no im saying skobies are attracted to them like moths, go up to a skobie and go 'what car would you like' the responce you'll get will be 'ahh jaysus i'd luv a civic or a bleedin glanza there bleedin massive so they iz'

FACT

no im saying skobies are attracted to them like moths, go up to a skobie and go 'what car would you like' the responce you'll get will be 'ahh jaysus i'd luv a civic or a bleedin glanza there bleedin massive so they iz'

Now your not only Stereotyping, but your marginalizing them as being of lower social class Dubliners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

FACT

Got any links to prove that its fact? :rolleyes:

You'll see just as many skangers driving bmw's as you would Hondas especially seeing as the bmw's are easy to insure and are rear wheel drive, I've seen plenty of golfs, bmw's, passats etcc with skangers driving them

draffodx wrote: »

You'll see just as many skangers driving bmw's as you would Hondas especially seeing as the bmw's are easy to insure and are rear wheel drive, I've seen plenty of golfs, bmw's, passats etcc with skangers driving them

I think this "guy" maybe related to the other Jap/Honda hater, "s.i.r"! :D

http://www.bebo.com/HONDACIVICCLUB

look tru the members and comments, im not giving you links to peoples pages.

and no im sorry i dont know where your from but where im from the people driving bmw, passats, mercs, saabs ect are upper class business men! you might get the odd trav bag driving an old 3series but very rare!

hey just to define what a scumbag is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Your only "off the power" as you put it when you want to be, anyone with experience driving a VTEC will have no trouble keeping it in the high power band width.

Thats the problem, you have to actually push a honda to get performance... i personally prefare cars with power all over the rev band ( such as bmws.... even 316i's. )

if you want a car that you can and should abuse all day long then by all means, every man to his own but its just my opinion...

as for the northsider bmw thing, its quiet comment a mate of mine has a 320i 1990 e36 beemer and well, tbh all i can say is fair play i know myself at that age i wont have a bmw.... most likly a fiesta or something small until my insurance is lowwer and i can afford road tax then i can get the e30 of my dreams.

Getting back on topic: has the OP seen any vsr's yet ?? well worth a test drive at the least, veiw as many as you can, dont buy the first one you see !!

also make sure theres a dyno sheet to back up performace figures.

• Advertisement

i dont know where your from but where im from the people driving bmw, passats, mercs, saabs ect are upper class business men! you might get the odd trav bag driving an old 3series but very rare!

hahaha.. Did'nt know they had cars on the moon!

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    hahaha.. Did'nt know they had cars on the moon!

Ha ha ha ha.... ha........ ha..........................ha.......................:confused:

S.I.R wrote: »
    as for the northsider bmw thing, its quiet comment a mate of mine has a 320i 1990 e36 beemer and well, tbh all i can say is fair play i know myself at that age i wont have a bmw.... most likly a fiesta or something small until my insurance is lowwer and i can afford road tax then i can get the e30 of my dreams.

Your not even old enough to legally drive id say, so where dya get your messed up views of VTEC's from? Magazines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

R_H_C_P wrote:
    The only Mitsubishi I would be interested in would be an Fto. But I will see how much they would go for.

I got mine less than a week ago for sub €4500. Bargain price. You should be able to get a very nice 98+ model with your budget.

I wanted something a bit different without the "scumbag/boy racer" image (not saying all you civic/teg owners are scumbags, but it only takes a minority to create a rep)

Faster than a Civic R anyway and only a bit slower than a 'teg R. Looks better too IMO.

Its impossible not to smile when MIVEC kicks in and you just listen to the sound of the V6...

Surprising easy on the petrol for me anyway.

I'll throw up some pics tomorrow once I get her clean.

http://www.bebo.com/HONDACIVICCLUB

look tru the members and comments, im not giving you links to peoples pages.

and no im sorry i dont know where your from but where im from the people driving bmw, passats, mercs, saabs ect are upper class business men! you might get the odd trav bag driving an old 3series but very rare!

Your using a bebo page to prove that all owners of hondas are skangers? Theres no denying that theres alot of them, in the nearest town to me theres about 4 ****mobiles with skangers driving them, but I;m apart of the Integra owners club and all the members there are extremely mature and nothing like skangers at all.

I know of 3 bmw's with lexus lights and stupid looking bodykits on them in the town too driven by skangers as well, and theres plenty of people like that driving the likes of audi a3's a4's, bmw's (maybe not the expensive ones) plenty of golfs and passats.
    S.I.R wrote: »
    Thats the problem, you have to actually push a honda to get performance... i personally prefare cars with power all over the rev band ( such as bmws.... even 316i's. )

if you want a car that you can and should abuse all day long then by all means, every man to his own but its just my opinion...

Getting back on topic: has the OP seen any vsr's yet ?? well worth a test drive at the least, veiw as many as you can, dont buy the first one you see !!

also make sure theres a dyno sheet to back up performace figures.

True the honda has to be pushed but that was always the design idea, there by no means the perfect car or for everybody, I'd advise anyone thinking of one to take a good long test drive in one and see if they can adapt there driving style to suit the car because there gutless at low revs.

cheap bmw rwd cars are gonna be bought up by skangers for "diffen" or whatever its called.

Its Vzr S.I.R ;)

Yeh the simplest thing to do is take a test drive in both, the civic will wow you though if you've never driven anything like it before because of its kick, so take a step back and compare the two ro see what suits you, remember the Vzr wont have high torque figures either but its power will kick in more smoothly

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    I got mine less than a week ago for sub €4500. Bargain price. You should be able to get a very nice 98+ model with your budget.

I wanted something a bit different without the "scumbag/boy racer" image (not saying all you civic/teg owners are scumbags, but it only takes a minority to create a rep)

Faster than a Civic R anyway and only a bit slower than a 'teg R. Looks better too IMO.

Its impossible not to smile when MIVEC kicks in and you just listen to the sound of the V6...

Lovely Car,

Definately get pics up and the sound of that V6 is lovely........

I;m apart of the Integra owners club and all the members there are extremely mature and nothing like skangers at all.

INTEGRA thats a diffrent story, luckly most skangers cant afford/get insurance on them! the reason civics attract scangers is there cheep, powerful and lots of mods available

INTEGRA thats a diffrent story, luckly most skangers cant afford/get insurance on them! the reason civics attract scangers is there cheep, powerful and lots of mods available

true enough, proper mature ek9 owners are far from skangers but I know what you mean

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I was watching a video of a standard Vzr vs. standard Type R
    The Vzr did beat it. But from the look it the Type R had that bite to it that the Vzr did. The Vzr sorta slowly gained but in the long run it was better.

I might be going up to dublin this weekend to test drive both to see what I feel is best. So by next week I hopefully will have chosen what I want.
    B00MSTICK wrote: »

I would be all over that because I myself love ftos. But they are 2 litre engines right? 2 litre mivecs at that. I think getting insured might be a little hassle. But if I can get a nice example for roughly the price you did I definally would consider it.

Look forward to the pictures! :D

Also, I think stereotyping civic owners as skangers is pretty sad. Around where I am. All the owners of serious type R's are pretty mature. They are young (not skangers btw) but they dont do the bolix because they have invested alot into their pride and joy's. I could guarantee the immature ones are driving replicas trying to show off their car and how powerfull it is.

^^I would love an integra, but no hope on getting insured I would say. :p

hondas have to be pushed hard becuase thats the whole point of the vtec.

most beemers are muck to drive apart from mtechs and m's obviously.

my brother had a 320 and it was fun at the time but compared to jap cars i have driven since it was muck.

hondas are bombproof, will last practicaly forever, and i hear that the vtecs will almost never go bust on the engine.

look on carzone 3 series bmws can be picked up for next to nothin but theyre waaaay more common than ek9's.

had a guy text me lat night lookin for a swap for my car for his 00 3 series m tech. just tole him wasnt interested.

would rather hold off and get myself the dc2. thats the plan.

and im a bit weary that the vzr would be faster than an ek9.. actually im very weary!!

• Advertisement

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    I was watching a video of a standard Vzr vs. standard Type R
    The Vzr did beat it. But from the look it the Type R had that bite to it that the Vzr did. The Vzr sorta slowly gained but in the long run it was better.

If its the same video I'm thinking of then thats a VZR N1, which can be classed as standard but its a different version to the normal VZR altogether, the N1 has 200bhp compared to around 170bp for the normal VZR

Test driving both is the best way alright, dont forget to let us know how you get on!

yeh lets get back on topic. minus the sh1te ;)

where you goin to test drive. japcars wont elt you test drive afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Ya the VZR N1 has the highest engine cc/bhp ratio of any N/A IIRC...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Here's a comparison between vzr N1 and Ctr,altho its an N1 which isnt really comparable to a stock vzr at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnYqupXMSr0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmLcfNYbYQE&feature=related

N1's are rare,only a handfull of them over here,but trust me theres no comparision between a stock vzr vs stock Ctr.Civic also has a better interior feel to it,carbon style surrounds and clocks,the recaros ect and dash imo is nicer whereas the vzr feels nothing special.

If you drive an Sir civic and then a vzr you'l notice them to be very much simular,but then drive an type r and you'll feel the difference.

Im not sure what vzrs are like for parts nowadays but going back a few years you were doing well finding a manifold and exhaust for them,bodykit wise they were impossible to find add ons for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

yet another thread being Sh1t stirred by our annoying regular ************ how in the name of god is he not banned or even warned yet funny thing is ill proberbly get a warning for this :rolleyes:

Any ways back to topic, op listen to eireal and draffodx they are talking sense, if its between the vzr and a CTR its CTR all the way now if its a N1 now you have a tough decision on your hands

Pulsar N1 Vzr - http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Nissan/Pulsar/VZR-N1/673981/

CTR EK9 - http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Honda/Civic/TYPE-R/1087375/

Your money wont get as good an ek9 as a vzr though

If its the same video I'm thinking of then thats a VZR N1, which can be classed as standard but its a different version to the normal VZR altogether, the N1 has 200bhp compared to around 170bp for the normal VZR

Test driving both is the best way alright, dont forget to let us know how you get on!

Oh wait. yeah that was the n1 :o
    My bad!

And ya will do :)

So I guess it means Im more than likely gonna get a Type R.

^That ctr is so damn nice, too bad 2000e over budget :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Just hit as many of the importers you can in a day and drive as many as you can of either car,With either one your going to have to drive them on abit to both check there running properly and to see what you think of performance so dont be afraid to open up abit once the surrounds are safe and allow.

I know you mentioned jap cars and they have a bad rep,but i fitted an alarm to an itr a guy bought from them last week and it was a good clean car,luck of the draw i guess

eireal wrote: »
    I know you mentioned jap cars and they have a bad rep,but i fitted an alarm to an itr a guy bought from them last week and it was a good clean car,luck of the draw i guess

was probably taken as a trade in :D

• Advertisement

eireal wrote: »
    Just hit as many of the importers you can in a day and drive as many as you can of either car,With either one your going to have to drive them on abit to both check there running properly and to see what you think of performance so dont be afraid to open up abit once the surrounds are safe and allow.

Thats the plan I hope.
    so they wont mind if you floor it a little to see its performance once it area is quiet?

Well I might stay away from there unless I see a auction sheet.
    Also would it be better to buy private? I know price wise it would, but I would be a bit skeptical about it myself.
    was probably taken as a trade in :D

haha :pac: :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement