Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Pink Floyd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

My post above: That's a recording of Nick in Copenhagen.

REALLY hope He does cross the Irish Sea.

Saw Nick's show last week as it happens in Aylesbury. Super stuff. Great to see a genuine legend and his band is great! Guy Pratt really shines on vocals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Time to break open the piggy bank!!!

Dave is auctioning off more than 100 of his own personal guitars including his legendary "Black Strat".

I would love to be in a position to pick up a piece of music history, but I will just have to settle for the auctioneer's catalogue :( .

David Gilmour’s legendary ‘Black Strat’ comes to auction

Does that mean David is finished touring?

Certainly hope not. A\lso, would love another chance to see Roger here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I’m not a fan of tribute bands but I got a couple free tickets to a local venue that is having The Machine play at the end of this month. Seen so many classic rock groups (well, they weren’t ‘classic’ at the time) play in concert but never Pink Floyd. I’d wondering if it would be worth it.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

notobtuse wrote: »
    I’m not a fan of tribute bands but I got a couple free tickets to a local venue that is having The Machine play at the end of this month. Seen so many classic rock groups (well, they weren’t ‘classic’ at the time) play in concert but never Pink Floyd. I’d wondering if it would be worth it.

theres a hint in there somewhere

;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

sydthebeat wrote: »
    theres a hint in there somewhere

;);)
    You’d think. But the venue has a restaurant and serves alcohol in the concert hall. Those free tickets would probably end up costing me about $200 US.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-rhpZaLPp0

this is what they will be giving you id expect... not bad.... but ive heard better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Nick Mason will bring his Saucerful of Secrets tour to the Convention Centre Dublin on April 29th 2020. Tickets go on sale Thursday 19th Sept at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

rednik wrote: »
    Nick Mason will bring his Saucerful of Secrets tour to the Convention Centre Dublin on April 29th 2020. Tickets go on sale Thursday 19th Sept at 10am.

That could be very interesting - what stuff does he play?

Seen the Waterboys play the convention centre before. I was sceptical at first but it is a very good venue to appreciate quality musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Chelon wrote: »

Seen the Waterboys play the convention centre before. I was sceptical at first but it is a very good venue to appreciate quality musicians.

Early Floyd, Syd era, Piper at the gates of Dawn, Saucerful of Secrets with a few other bits thrown in.

Saw them last year in the UK and the entire set was pre-Dark Side of the Moon era. It was fantastic. Particularly cool to hear stuff like the Atom Heart Mother piece (sections of it). Loved the show, the band is rock solid and Nick is a genuine rock legend. Highly recommend going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Saw them last year in the UK and the entire set was pre-Dark Side of the Moon era. It was fantastic. Particularly cool to hear stuff like the Atom Heart Mother piece (sections of it). Loved the show, the band is rock solid and Nick is a genuine rock legend. Highly recommend going!

Yeeeeesssssss

A friend of mine living in Denmark was at Nick’s gig there last year, I think. He sent me a copy of the gig. I sent the link in then. I’ll try & find it later and repost. Excellent gig.

Edit: Here is the Gig https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=IXVnKrk9QAc&app=desktop

Tickets secured for April, ticking away the moments ...............................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

On YouTube at 5 ó clock tonight. A full screening of the 90 minutes restored and re edited of Pulse.
    It's on the Pink Floyd channel.

Hope everyone is well.

Roger has a new version of 'Mother' up on YouTube. Very very good.
    Also a YouTube talk to camera called 'Announcement'. Some interesting things said about David Gilmour.

OldRio wrote: »
    Roger has a new version of 'Mother' up on YouTube. Very very good.
    Also a YouTube talk to camera called 'Announcement'. Some interesting things said about David Gilmour.

Dead right too

That van trapped series is the biggest load of crap.

Dead right too

That van trapped series is the biggest load of crap.

Not a fan of that either, but Waters is old and bitter at this stage. He hasn't been in Pink Floyd since 1985. I don't see Gilmour asking to share Pink Floyd stuff on Waters' social media channels. And I wouldn't expect to be able to use the social media platforms of a business that I worked with close to 50 years ago.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Not a fan of that either, but Waters is old and bitter at this stage. He hasn't been in Pink Floyd since 1985. I don't see Gilmour asking to share Pink Floyd stuff on Waters' social media channels. And I wouldn't expect to be able to use the social media platforms of a business that I worked with close to 50 years ago.

waters was old and bitter in 1967 !

i can see the difference between sharing the individual ex members work on the "Official Pink Floyd" website, as compared to share Pink Floyd work on the individual ex-members sites??? there is a big difference.

I can Rogers point though, having work by Polly Sampson (successful enough in her own right) advertised and (practically) for sale on the Pink Floyd website is a bit much.

while the ex PF members solo albums are listed, theres no link to sale, which Polly gets??

also, why hasnt it been updated to include Rogers most recent work?

Not sure if this will work.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pinkfloyd

• Advertisement

OldRio wrote: »
    Not sure if this will work.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pinkfloyd

Worked for me ( and I'm not a twitter lol). Thanks for sharing!

Recent song from David with daughter Romany.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

rednik wrote: »
    Recent song from David with daughter Romany.

I'm not a huge fan of Gilmour's solo stuff. To me, it's fairly bland and doesn't really have a lot musically or lyrically to say; his solo stuff just seems to sound the same. At this point in his career he's totally free to write and record whatever he wants without needing to consider other people's views and that's a nice place to be for him.

That being said I do like this in so far as gives me a kind of Fat Old Sun and WYWH vibe. Do you think there'll be another album/tour?

Echoes675 wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of Gilmour's solo stuff. To me, it's fairly bland and doesn't really have a lot musically or lyrically to say; his solo stuff just seems to sound the same. At this point in his career he's totally free to write and record whatever he wants without needing to consider other people's views and that's a nice place to be for him.

That being said I do like this in so far as gives me a kind of Fat Old Sun and WYWH vibe. Do you think there'll be another album/tour?

Very hard to say but obviously I would love it. David's best solo stuff is from his first release which he sadly ignores.

just to help you out K.Flyer....

just to help you out K.Flyer....

Cheers, been a long time since I posted, was getting my tags wrong.

Hope I'm not coming across as patronising here but......

Great to see a post on this Thread. 2020 has been a terrible year gig wise ( waited so long for Nick's gig ) and with so little Pink Floyd being played on Nova these days/months/years, one tends to forget there are musical magicians still out there.

Can picture Roger saying something like 'Where the fcuk is that vaccine? :D ).

Sorry, I'll climb back into my cage now.

Anyone else see Nick on BBC1 this morning? He was on their breakfast show @ around 08h55 it was only 3-4 minutes long. He was promoting an album, titled Saucerful of Secrets, Live at the Roundhouse, which was released today.

Hope they bring it out on DVD as the lighting looked pure Pink Floyd.

Anyone else see Nick on BBC1 this morning? He was on their breakfast show @ around 08h55 it was only 3-4 minutes long. He was promoting an album, titled Saucerful of Secrets, Live at the Roundhouse, which was released today.

Hope they bring it out on DVD as the lighting looked pure Pink Floyd.

Hope he actually comes across and play a gig!

• Advertisement

Hope he actually comes across and play a gig!

Agree. He did say He cannot wait to get back on the road again especially after basically sitting on His butt for the past 20 years.

Advertisement