Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

On the radio yesterday they mentioned that "All the Small Things" by Blink182 was 19 years old. It's probably the only song of theirs I know, but 19 years. Wtf???!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

FunLover18 wrote: »
    That 70s Show was first broadcast in 1999, 20 years after the year in which it was set (1979). We're now 20 years on from 1999.

it was closer to 30 years ....it was set in the early 70s initially,, eventually ( after 7 or so seasons) finished with the last episode hitting the stroke of midnight 1979-1980.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Zaph wrote: »
    On the radio yesterday they mentioned that "All the Small Things" by Blink182 was 19 years old. It's probably the only song of theirs I know, but 19 years. Wtf???!!!

I think you've just brought on a mid-life crises

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

tigerboon wrote: »
    I think you've just brought on a mid-life crises

That's even older!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midlife_Crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Climbing over a fence is quite a chore these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Climbing over a fence is quite a chore these days.

Just drive through it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was released on the 26th June 1997, that's 22 years ago tomorrow:eek:

I remember getting my dad to bring to some of the midnight book launches in the book shops a few towns over! I could of sworn that was only yesterday:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Dr Bob wrote: »
    it was closer to 30 years ....it was set in the early 70s initially,, eventually ( after 7 or so seasons) finished with the last episode hitting the stroke of midnight 1979-1980.

Hope this makes sense.....but it's occurred to me before that if there was a new programme today, set as far back in the past as 'That 70s Show' was set when it first aired, it would be called 'That 90s Show'.

Now THAT makes me feel old!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

My son asked me "Dad how did you settle arguments before Google?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Cyclepath wrote: »

....and my five-year-old son recently said to me: 'Dad......did you know that in the olden days......people didn't have Netflix?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

victor8600 wrote: »
    The reason for slippers is the ability to walk on Lego pieces in a dark room without waking up kids ;)

If your kids are still playing with Lego, you don’t belong here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Trekker09

When it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Cyclepath wrote: »
    With our fists.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Zaph wrote: »

This is the stuff that has been catching me lately. I remember growing up thinking the 60s and 70s were neons ago but it would have been the same time difference for my parents as it is for me now looking back.

Mind melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Trekker09 wrote: »
    When it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night
    When you get this reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

my son is starting his leaving cert year....my gap year was 20 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Oasis would be considered a real 'Dad' band these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Angel1971

My 30 year high school reunion was last month. I kept looking at everyone and thinking "gosh, you people got old!"
    I'm sure they thought the same of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I live in London so it's not that uncommon to be mid-30s and single. However whenever I go somewhere smaller, like rural Ireland or the American mid-west and other 34 year old women are long-time married with 3 kids or divorced and embarking on their second marriages, I feel...old.

Snapchat also makes me feel old. I don't have it, don't get it and find the whole filters thing bizarre and unappealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Pfft.:D
    The gap between my date of birth and today is greater than the gap between my date of birth and the birth of Mao Zedong, Aldous Huxley, Edward VIII, Harold Macmillan and Nikita Kruschchev

I have just realised that the moonlanding was closer in time to my birth year, than United winning the treble is to today.

Christ. My youth really did just fly by :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Yellow toe nails that'll need an antibiotic to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

When you have to walk back downstairs just to remember what you walked upstairs for, happens at least once a week now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Snapchat also makes me feel old. I don't have it, don't get it and find the whole filters thing bizarre and unappealing.

Agreed! I installed it for a while in the mistaken belief it was actually snatch-chat ;)
    Never saw one bloody snatch on it in all the time I had it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

When you meet all your old friends in the chemist instead of the pub!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

When I click on Trending videos on Youtube to check if I missed anything funny or interesting, invariably I click out of it in a state of bewilderment not having a clue what any of this stuff is supposed to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Hearing peoples date of births. You were born in 2001? FFS FML

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

At a gig last week and saying to the girlfriend jeses these young girls need to cover up there walking around in there bras.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

My hairline started to recede around mid 20’s. When my daughter was 4 I was tying her shoes laces. While tying them she said “Daddy you have a hole in the back of your head” , I felt very old when she said that. I was in denial about my moneys arse. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Being in an aqua aerobics class.

Advertisement