Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-01-2020, 20:46   #1
wotzgoingon

Dogs Has Gunk Stuck to Eye

My elderly dog, 2 and a half months away from 16 years old has an eye ulcer in one eye and was brought to the Vet twice this week about it and has been on eye drops twice a day. But he has gunk stuck to his eye and it is well stuck on there as I tried to remove it with my finger but it's stuck plus I don't want to put pressure on it due to the ulcer in same eye. It wasn't a problem when he was in with the vet or I would have asked the vet about it.

Is there anything I could use to soften the gunk so it would slide off with my finger. Cheers.
Advertisement
25-01-2020, 05:38   #2
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotzgoingon View Post
My elderly dog, 2 and a half months away from 16 years old has an eye ulcer in one eye and was brought to the Vet twice this week about it and has been on eye drops twice a day. But he has gunk stuck to his eye and it is well stuck on there as I tried to remove it with my finger but it's stuck plus I don't want to put pressure on it due to the ulcer in same eye. It wasn't a problem when he was in with the vet or I would have asked the vet about it.

Is there anything I could use to soften the gunk so it would slide off with my finger. Cheers.
Dab softly with warm salt water on cotton wool to soften it? Just hold the pad there a while?ie do not rub.

Last edited by Graces7; 25-01-2020 at 08:50.
(2) thanks from:
25-01-2020, 16:12   #3
wotzgoingon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graces7 View Post
Dab softly with warm salt water on cotton wool to soften it? Just hold the pad there a while?ie do not rub.
Cheers for reply but he slept for about 2 hours last night before I went to bed and must have loosened/moisturized it himself as it just wiped off with my finger lightly. Compared to earlier it was stuck fast like cement to his eye.
Thanks from:
25-01-2020, 16:16   #4
Duke of Url

My dog used to get this. Warm salted water always fixed it. We wiped the eye using makeup remover pads
Thanks from:
25-01-2020, 16:32   #5
Ironman76

Our dog had that and we used the standard eye drops from the chemist. Worked a treat.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion