Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Men of After Hours, can you see when a man is attractive?

• 23-09-2015 12:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

I am very comfortable wit my sexuality and will openly comment and admire a handsome face. I notice a lot of me however are incapable of doing so, and mention stuff like they don't know if girls find a particular guy attractive to the opposite sex? Is the wool really so much over their eyes? It is is plain to me to see when a man is attractive and I am comfortable saying it, in fact I have great admiration for handsome men, and what makes them so attractive to females.

I do not find overly macho men attractive, or least their stature/physique has no influence on me, I'm strictly talking about the face, for example the likes of David Gandy, Francisco Lachowski, Yoann Gourcuff, James Dean, Clint Eastwood etc.
    It seems men have an easy time saying someone like Beckham or Ronaldo are attractive but a harder time distinguishing what makes a non celebrity everyday man attractive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mother Brain

Can't say i've ever wasted any time thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

'Attractive' - no
    'Good looking' - yes

All human beings can tell when someone is good looking, same way we can tell when someone is not. Anyone who says they can't is probably insecure about admitting it. Just watch how lots of guy's body language changes when they walk on the street with their girlfriends/partners and pass another good looking man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I don't normally go around or be asked my opinion on the beauty of other men.
    OP, who is asking you to comment, or do you run up to other men and say "fabulous darling!!" if you think they are handsome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Every time I look in the mirror

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Not the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Was in a restaurant at the weekend, one of the waiters there was ridiculously handsome. He should have been a model. This was while I was on a date with a girl, I told her and all. She didn't seem to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

'Attractive' - no
    'Good looking' - yes

All human beings can tell when someone is good looking, same way we can tell when someone is not. Anyone who says they can't is probably insecure about admitting it. Just watch how lots of guy's body language changes when they walk on the street with their girlfriends/partners and pass another good looking man.

They cover their partners eyes?
    Interested to know this body language tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

siblers wrote: »
    Was in a restaurant at the weekend, one of the waiters there was ridiculously handsome. He should have been a model. This was while I was on a date with a girl, I told her and all. She didn't seem to mind.

Thanks, she gave me her number on the back of a €50 tip. I'm going steady so I only slipped her a quick ride for pities sake. She thinks you're alright except maybe a little insecure.
    Oh, and eh....sorry about the incoming credit card bill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

siblers wrote: »

Dammn that must have been brutal for you! Interesting approach you took, are you good looking? Seems like a risky move if not. Did she try to make a move on this hunk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭siblers

garrixfan wrote: »
    Dammn that must have been brutal for you! Interesting approach you took, are you good looking? Seems like a risky move if not. Did she try to make a move on this hunk?

Why would it be brutal? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

^^^^
    Doesn't stack up with
    It is is plain to me to see when a man is attractive and I am comfortable saying it, in fact I have great admiration for handsome men, and what makes them so attractive to females.

Unless you're pretty damn insecure with, or have a weird view, of wimin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I can see when paintings and cars and things are 'attractive', doesn't mean I want to stick my noodle in them

Of course I can see when a man is 'attractive'. Finding things aesthetically pleasing has very little to do with sexuality... there's a bit more to it than that like!

Tbh I find it a bit odd when people go on about being comfortable with their own sexuality and then start talking about how they can find members of the same sex attractive, as if it's some kind of superpower that they've just discovered in themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Yeah, I can and will tell people too.

I have quite a few gay friends and they tend to go on about hot lads and will ask my opinion so I just got used to saying it. Same if I'm out with my GF and her mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Olivier Giroud would get it.

That is all.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Olivier Giroud would get it.

That is all.

Giroud is an overrated 7/10 hahaha. He is far from best looking French player(Costil,Gourcuff,Zidane)

Oh and of course Ribery hahahahaha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

As a Bi guy I most definitely can haha :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

I'm 100% straight but I can say without any doubt that Ryan Gosling & Tom Hardy are a pair of rides :pac:

Niemoj wrote: »
    As a Bi guy I most definitely can haha :pac::pac:

That's just cheating. I'll **** anything with a pulse or a battery too but I picked sides and pretend to abide by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

The top and bottom 30% of guys I'd get right I'd say but that the bunch in the middle I'd rarely be able to call right.

That's just cheating. I'll **** anything with a pulse or a battery too but I picked sides and pretend to abide by it.

I'm Bi, not pan ;)

But anyway, even before I realised I'm the fabulous mess that I am if I'd see a handsome guy I would always point it out.

"You are very attractive" ≠ "I want to have sex with you".

Pan ?

Sweet Loretta Fart thought she was a cleaner
    but she was a frying pan, yeah

The Beatles had me pegged in "Get Back" before I was born.

Amazing what a drunk troll can learn on AH.

Pan ?

Sweet Loretta Fart thought she was a cleaner
    but she was a frying pan, yeah

The Beatles had me pegged in "Get Back" before I was born.

Amazing what a drunk troll can learn on AH.
    Bisexual is attraction towards biological males and females whereas pansexual is attraction towards biological males and females AND trans males and trans females.

Love however, remains blind:pac:

Niemoj wrote: »
    Bisexual is attraction towards biological males and females whereas pansexual is attraction towards biological males and females AND trans males and trans females.

Love however, remains blind:pac:

So "he gets around" still stands. You need a degree these days to go on the pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I saw a very attractive man yesterday in a window.

Turned out it was a mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

You have great admiration for handsome men?

What a bizarre thing to have great admiration for.

Anyway, yes, anybody can tell when someone's face is stereotypically aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Your question should be Will they admit it?

Btw your thread title should say "Straight men and lesbians of AH" instead of saying "Men of AH."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Yeah, sometimes it's obvious like a Ryan Gosling type. Then again sometimes it's a bit of a "really?" situation, struggling to think of an example off the top of my head.

Would love to see women's reactions to lads going on about weird looking fellas being "gorgeous" and really attractive guys being "ugly" though, see how they like it! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

well you dont get many ancient carved Greek statues of hairy ugly fckers with beer guts hanging out.

• Advertisement

well you dont get many ancient carved Greek statues of hairy ugly fckers with beer guts hanging out.

Look up Poseidon or Zeus. Neither the king of the sea or the King of the Gods was into slimming contests.

Advertisement