Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

eventually got tickets in sections 310 havign checked the website about 5 times, not great but greater than what was there

I was away out of the country before the Tipp semi in 2008. Got back the Friday before the game and bought mine off Ticketmaster. Some of the best seats I ever got for a game, right on the halfway line above the players tunnel.

There will be a lot of empty seats on Sunday. Wouldn't be surprised to see good tickets appearing online later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HangBlaa

Mick Fennelly will start unless he has a set back this week. The way Kilkenny have been setting up in training, he will most likely play Centre Back also.

Word that Hogan is injured, word that TJ Reid is injured... Cody lapping feint praise on the Waterford team. Don't believe an ounce of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭blue note

Anyone who plays at any level knows that you're usually at least a little injured for every match. I guarantee you of the 30 lads that take the field every single one of them will have some small niggle and half of them will actually be playing injured.

I'm surprised at how much we're hearing about injuries and I'd say the stories are true to some extent, but I'd be amazed if they're all out on Sunday and I wouldn't be surprised if they all play.

And I hope they all play. It would benefit us if they're out, but I want to see the best match possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

blue note wrote: »
    And I hope they all play. It would benefit us if they're out, but I want to see the best match possible.

How very Corinthian of you.

*revs engine as TJ Reid crosses the road*

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

If they are injured it makes more sense to start them and sub them if they're struggling as opposed to wasting a sub to bring them on and another to take them off. If they're anyway close to being fit they'll start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

Can anyone tell me if there was any response/action by the County Board to the events at the Dungarvan and Mount Sion SH match in June?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

wagtail99 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there was any response/action by the County Board to the events at the Dungarvan and Mount Sion SH match in June?

500 euro fine for both clubs i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ticket hunt still on for me , crap seats on sale in Walsh park dis morning. I just wish they would open the upper cusack

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ticket hunt still on for me , crap seats on sale in Walsh park dis morning. I just wish they would open the upper cusack

Online they're selling Davin, Hill and rubbish lower Hogan at the moment.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Online they're selling Davin, Hill and rubbish lower Hogan at the moment.

Yeah not wasting my money on them tickets. Even in 2010 for the tipp semi final they opened the top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭blue note

Yeah not wasting my money on them tickets. Even in 2010 for the tipp semi final they opened the top

Tipp bring a bigger crowd than us. And more kk fans would travel for a Tipp clash. It's up to you, I know crap seats are annoying, but they're still better than TV in my view.

Update, slightly better Hogan tickets on offer, and Cusack's which were previously unavailable, albeit bad ones.

I'd say keep an eye tomorrow and Friday as the stuff from the counties will probably trickle back up from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I reckon the reports of injuries is a lot of mind games, i'd say there is some truth in that probably one or two of there players are carrying knocks but honestly the only one i'd be surprised to see play on Sunday is JT.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Update, slightly better Hogan tickets on offer, and Cusack's which were previously unavailable, albeit bad ones.

I'd say keep an eye tomorrow and Friday as the stuff from the counties will probably trickle back up from then.

back to section 335 now. thinking of buying them up there on the day but afraid they mite be all sold out (the sections they have open)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

back to section 335 now. thinking of buying them up there on the day but afraid they mite be all sold out (the sections they have open)

no danger of selling out , but you can buy ****e seats now same as you can on the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

Enough about the bloody tickets.

Ive to watch it at 3 o'clock in the morning in my room on a laptop and up for work a couple hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

robopaddy2 wrote: »
    Enough about the bloody tickets.

Ive to watch it at 3 o'clock in the morning in my room on a laptop and up for work a couple hours later.

as they say in dublin scarlet for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Was in the ticket office in Dorset St today, only had Hogan tickets on either 21, nothing for Cusack. They're to open the Upper Cusack tomorrow or defo Friday according to the lad on the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭brookville

The talk at training is richie should be ok thankfully,good to see power and rice doing some work but sunday will probably come to soon,mick fennelly is an intresting one weather he'll throw him into an semi final with very little hurling I reckon he will if he is anyway right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

brookville wrote: »
    The talk at training is richie should be ok thankfully,good to see power and rice doing some work but sunday will probably come to soon,mick fennelly is an intresting one weather he'll throw him into an semi final with very little hurling I reckon he will if he is anyway right.

Don't think w'ford have a Richie or a fennelly, are you by any chance on wrong page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Can anyone understand why a significant portion of Kk 'fans' have it totally in for the Deise lads and would begrudge them a 'Celtic Cross' and why do they have an almost unsatisfiabe 'lust' for all Ireland title after title year in year out....would think the novelty would wear off a bit after 2-3 in a row??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Can anyone understand why a significant portion of Kk 'fans' have it totally in for the Deise lads and would begrudge them a 'Celtic Cross' and why do they have an almost unsatisfiabe 'lust' for all Ireland title after title year in year out....would think the novelty would wear off a bit after 2-3 in a row??

Be prepared for a back lash for saying that....

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

You go to any of Waterfords borders and the banter is always intensified between neighbouring counties that's just natural. Most Kilkenny gaa people wouldn't begrudge Waterford winning an (one) all ireland.
    As regards the "unsatisfiable lust for all irelands", i would say it makes it alot easier to be motivated when the whole country is trying to beat you. Like a seige mentality if you like and of course to break records.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭skaface

Hopefully we get a Big Waterford crowd up in
    Croker on Sunday, it's the least Derek and the team deserve after the year they have given us
    so far..
    On another note, there's no point travelling in
    Big numbers if we don't start making ourselves being heard..
    Let's make ourselves be heard from the start and bring a bit of colour ( plenty of flags) to
    Croke Park and help carry the lads over the line.
    Up the Deise ;-))

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

You go to any of Waterfords borders and the banter is always intensified between neighbouring counties that's just natural. Most Kilkenny gaa people wouldn't begrudge Waterford winning an (one) all ireland.
    As regards the "unsatisfiable lust for all irelands", i would say it makes it alot easier to be motivated when the whole country is trying to beat you. Like a seige mentality if you like and of course to break records.
    its only the KK supporters from North Waterford that have a problem ,like you said most kk supportrs would not begrudge us but those people live a little further north than mullinavegas ,mooncoin,slieverue ,those fellas only worry about tipp,so hear is to Waterford on Sunday lets go out and skin some kittens ,meeeeeeeeeeeow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Quelle surprise...
    Hogan and Reid injuries give Cats a scare
    06 August 2015

Richie Hogan and TJ Reid are expected to be fit for Kilkenny's All-Ireland SHC semi-final against Waterford on Sunday.

According to the Irish Examiner, reigning Hurler of the Year Hogan is recovering well from a back injury he suffered in training, while fellow attacker Reid will line out, despite having a toe problem.

The Cats are already resigned to being without Jackie Tyrrell and Richie Power, while Michael Fennelly is also an injury doubt.

I wonder would Tyrell have started anyway? He was hauled off in the Leinster final. He might have been carrying an injury then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I noticed that too on the KK thread, a lot of them thrash talking us, some of if very spiteful towards Waterford, not what I'd call banter. You'd think with their history they'd be above that kind of 'my dad could kill your dad' nonsense. Leave them off, sure it'll make a win against them all the sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

Ropaire wrote: »
    500 euro fine for both clubs i think.

Thanks for that.
    Were there any player suspensions?
    ...and were there any repercussions for the Mount Sion lad (G.....y?) who who chopped the Dungarvan's Ryan Donnelly across the head with the broken hurl?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Brian Gavin has been banned from refereeing for 30 days but it won't come into affect until he has a hearing so he's going to referee at the weekend.

It's a pity because he tends to let a lot go and Kilkenny are very could at technical fouls that are just enough so that you'd still think "ah it wasn't much of a foul though". Given we've got a lot of scores from frees that could count against us, as much as I don't like being negative.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement