Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Options
  • 29-03-2015 4:14pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New thread continued from here.

Welcome to the Waterford GAA discussion thread.

This is consistently the most active thread don the GAA forum. As a result, discussion can get quite heated. But there are certain things posters must realise are simply not OK to post:

- Personal abuse of anyone be they other posters, players, managers, referees, pundits etc. Any personal abuse will result in an infraction or a ban.

- Rumours about players'/managers'/anyone's personal lives. This should be self explanatory. Apart from being a dickish thing to do, it can lead to legal trouble for Boards.

- Trolling. Again, self explanatory. Trolls will be banned for a long time.

- Accusations of trolling. Report a post if you suspect it to be trolling. Do not call a troll out on thread as this will be considered back seat modding.

- Speculation into the identity of another poster. This is a site-bannable offence.

This list is not exhaustive. Either myself or another mod may add to this as we see fit. Just because a certain behaviour isn't listed, doesn't mean you can't be banned for it.
    The general Boards.ie rule of Don't be a Dick always applies.

If you feel a post breaks the rules, simply click this report.gif underneath the post in question to report the post and a mod will deal with it as they see fit.

So be civil to each other and happy posting.

***EDIT (20/11/2015): Quite frankly I'm getting a bit sick of the thread regularly descending into tit for tat insults between posters. From now on, it won't be a card but a ban straight away for anything like this. The mod warning is clear in the first post but yet people still ignore it.
    Also, I'd like to remind people of the ban on discussing players'/managers'/officials' private lives without any substance. You can be getting into libelous territory there. So a zero tolerance policy will be enforced as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

11 to 3 ahead after 24 mins, serious wind though! Galway not looking great, Canning having a mare. Cork down against Wexico 10 points to 4 as well, interesting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

Of all the times to break the thread ! I think I might switch on the commentary from wlr my Irish is not bad but they sound like they are commentating a funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Cruising here. Galway struggling with the elements but we're well on top. Blanket defense in the second half will see us home. 9pt lead at any level at halftime is huge. Aussie excellent again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anyone have the full team? Didn't see it on the thread and can't find it anywhere online either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

archieknox wrote: »
    Cruising here. Galway struggling with the elements but we're well on top. Blanket defense in the second half will see us home. 9pt lead at any level at halftime is huge. Aussie excellent again.
    Moran even better

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Anyone have the full team? Didn't see it on the thread and can't find it anywhere online either.
    Iggy

Shane Fives
    Barry Coughlan
    Noelie

Aussie
    Tadhg Bourke
    Philip Mahony

Jamie Barron
    Kevin Moran

Colin Dunford
    Paudie Mahony
    Brick

Stephen Bennett
    Jake Dillon
    Brian O'H

Waterford Senior Hurling Team to play Galway on Sunday in Walsh Park at 4pm.
    Hope to see large home support!!
    1. Ian O’Regan Mount Sion
    2. Shane Fives Tourin
    3. Barry Coughlan Ballygunner
    4. Noel Connors Passage
    5. Tadhg de Búrca Clashmore/Kinsalebeg
    6. Austin Gleeson Mount Sion
    7. Philip Mahony Ballygunner
    8. Jamie Barron Fourmilewater
    9. Tom Devine Modeligo
    10. Kevin Moran (Captain) De La Salle
    11. Pauric Mahony Ballygunner
    12. Jake Dillon De La Salle
    13. Brian O’Halloran Clashmore/Kinsalebeg
    14. Michael Walsh Stradbally
    15. Colin Dunford Colligan

someone started for devine cant remember who

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Great to have had the wind first as we wouldn't wanted to have been down by a big score - could have been a serious confidence denting. I'm surprised Galway opted to play against it.
    Have to say some impressive long distance scores which we have to do if we are going to leave 1 on 2,3 or 4 inside. Good battling though overall and holding our own in the physical stakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

Down to 4 point lead now. Forwards gone out of it completely. Maurice for Bennett, who is clearly not fit needs to be done quickly.

8 points up now ,wheres pth when we need pessimism

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭TyrionPower

Great showing of heart, grit, workrate and determination.
    A bonus for us is how awful Galway were, but we totally outbattled them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

Another good performance. Roll on tipp in 3 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tipp in the semi final. No callinan for them as he got a straight red today.

Impressive work rate and point taking today. Good win.

Worth noting that since the new format launched this is the only knock out game (out of 8) won by a 1B side

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Big congrats all around. As I've stated im not in love with the style but it is effective and the lads have bought into it. Final 20mins was amazing with the work rate against the strong wind. Barron excellent throughout and delighted to see Maurice back in after the year he has had.
    Double header maybe in thurles now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭TyrionPower

Jamie Barron as excellent, an absolutely sweet corner back at minor level, real tidy hurler and was a big prospect, great to see him living up to that potential

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

archieknox wrote: »
    Big congrats all around. As I've stated im not in love with the style but it is effective and the lads have bought into it. Final 20mins was amazing with the work rate against the strong wind. Barron excellent throughout and delighted to see Maurice back in after the year he has had.
    Double header maybe in thurles now?

Congrats to the Deise. Yea the semis have been a double header in Thurles for the last couple of years .

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Derek's winning matches

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

Most of our games this year have been on pitches smaller than Thurlas so it will be interesting to see if that defensive system will work as well in the wide open spaces of Thurlas. Good win today thought Moran had his best game for Waterford this year. Subs all played well. Looking forward to Tipp in Thurlas. Up the Deise

Most of our games this year have been on pitches smaller than Thurlas so it will be interesting to see if that defensive system will work as well in the wide open spaces of Thurlas. Good win today thought Moran had his best game for Waterford this year. Subs all played well. Looking forward to Tipp in Thurlas. Up the Deise

better we find out sooner than later, we have cork in thurles too , so be good to get a dress rehearsal

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭skaface

Showed their metal when Galway brought it back to 4pts and kicked on again.
    The work rate was impressive again today and we can look forward to giving Tipp a
    good rattle in a fortnight ( double header in Thurlus I presume )..
    No pressure on Waterford , we're in Bonus territory now.
    Up The Deise !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

skaface wrote: »
    The work rate was impressive again today and we can look forward to giving Tipp a
    Up The Deise !!

Ya Maurice shan made a big impact when he came on. Think the SF is 3 weeks away. 19th April. Great to be still playing league hurling in late April when you'd hope the pitches are firming and the weather better.

3ships wrote: »
    Derek's winning matches

:D:D:D Had to laugh when I saw this !!!

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ya Maurice shan made a big impact when he came on. Think the SF is 3 weeks away. 19th April. Great to be still playing league hurling in late April when you'd hope the pitches are firming and the weather better.

Ya, will definitely suit our lads for hurling when the weather gets better and the sliotar starts
    bouncing off the sod, you can't beat it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

New thread, still love me County

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Fair play to Waterford. The very least you expect from a team going out is absolute work rate and effort, and your lads have given that in spades the last 2 weeks. It makes a huge difference. Tactics and stuff can come later, work rate, whilst sounding easy, can be one of the hardest things to get out of a team.

Up The Deise !!

hate to be a grammar nazi but it's mettle not metal also Thurles

ah here leave it out !

Not much bothering you is there.. I'm here to talk about hurling, not slag other people's
    Posts.. Analysis that :p

Not much bothering you is there.. I'm here to talk about hurling, not slag other people's
    Posts.. Analysis that :p

I was going to leave it , but you analyse ,you do not analysis

nobody has said can you analysis this report for me in my lifetime

• Advertisement

I was going to leave it , but you analyse ,you do not analysis

nobody has said can you analysis this report for me in my lifetime

You should get out more often..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement