Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping your trouser to the queen??

• 13-01-2021 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭

So I'm listening to The Smiths and the Song Nowhere Fast comes on. So far so good, that is until Morrisey utters this verse:
    I'd like to drop my trousers to the queen
    Every sensible child will know what this means
    The poor and the needy
    Are selfish and greedy on her terms

I'd like to think I'm a sensible child, but I'm cant figure out what dropping your trousers to the queen means. Anybody got any ideas?

🙈🙉🙊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Show her your arse? Or other bits possibly but I would suspect he just means a good old fashioned mooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you’ve spent as much time around horses as HRH has, Morrissey’s hairy cheeks are hardly going to raise an eyebrow. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,052 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd say she has seen worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,829 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I always assumed that it meant mooning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

If it’s Queen Margory I’m game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Rothko wrote: »
    I always assumed that it meant mooning.

Yes, but the unspoken deeper meaning as alluded to by Morriesy which he states "Every sensible child will know".

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 12,829 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Yes, but the unspoken deeper meaning as alluded to by Morriesy which he states "Every sensible child will know".

I think that just means that it's obvious what he's referring to.

Advertisement