Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cyberpunk 2077 + Google Stadia Premiere Kit

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just got my dispatch notice !
    Your order is on its way
    Your order has been dispatched. Here's some information on when to expect your package and how to track it along the way.

Ordered Dec 14
    Dispatched Dec 18
    Delivery Dec 21–22

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Just got my dispatch notice !

I ordered the same date as you, but mine isn't here until the 12th of January :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Damien360

I ordered the same date as you, but mine isn't here until the 12th of January :(

My delivery date just got moved forward from 8th Jan to 21st December so keep an eye on your emails for changes.

Damien360 wrote: »
    My delivery date just got moved forward from 8th Jan to 21st December so keep an eye on your emails for changes.

I just got my dispatch email there :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I just got my dispatch email there :D:D

Same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭AhhHere

Came to say the same. Original dat Jan 11th. Dispatched today and due Dec 21st. Happy Christmas to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi, did I not hear on the radio that there are issues with this game and people are being refunded? Maybe not, sorry if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Mine is out for delivery. Should be here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi, did I not hear on the radio that there are issues with this game and people are being refunded? Maybe not, sorry if I'm wrong.

Yep. Heard it also.
    The game is being pulled from playstation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/sony-pulls-cyberpunk-2077-from-playstation-store-over-glitches-1.4440363

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My delivery date is now 21-22 December. That pleases me.

I tried Stadia this week on my PC, but my PC is connected to a wi-fi extender yoke (awkward layout) and my speeds here are not consistent. My TV is next to the internet router and we have gigabit, so I have high expectations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

vicwatson wrote: »

its not as bad as its being made out, I havent played on base console but the stadia version should run much better than those so this is still a great bargain ( that i am raging i missed out on )

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Got my bundle today !!
    At the moment I played on laptop using Xbox 360 controller. Gonna try stadia controller first with laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

This was the bargain of the year for me. After seeing mainly negative or lukewarm reviews, I’m surprised how well stadia works using the chromecast ultra and stadia controller. Judging by the whole PS4 debacle, it is also one of the better ways to play Cyberpunk 2077 short of buying a €3000 gaming PC. It’s a great game. Thanks OP.

cjlawlor wrote: »
    This was the bargain of the year for me. After seeing mainly negative or lukewarm reviews, I’m surprised how well stadia works using the chromecast ultra and stadia controller. Judging by the whole PS4 debacle, it is also one of the better ways to play Cyberpunk 2077 short of buying a €3000 gaming PC. It’s a great game. Thanks OP.

Great to hear, mine arrives on Tuesday.. Looking forward to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

recyclops wrote: »
    its not as bad as its being made out, I havent played on base console but the stadia version should run much better than those so this is still a great bargain ( that i am raging i missed out on )

I've put about 20 hours into it on Xbox Series X and bar one funny glitch, thoroughly enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,942 ✭✭✭✭event

Can't believe they pulled the offer early, disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

event wrote: »
    Can't believe they pulled the offer early, disgusted

Raging I missed it, especially when it seems to run fine on stadia

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

Missed out on the offer, but ordered anyway, won't be buying a Xbox Series X after using this for a few hours. So good

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

if there ever is a reason to check this forum regularly, its examples of this post. im gutted i missed this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Got mine today :D
    Works very well and "Cthulhu Saves Christmas" was just made free on Pro (linky)

• Advertisement

Still waiting on mine. Tracking says its in Dublin and was sent to wrong depot twice, so assuming it won't be here until next week at earliest now.

For those who got it, how's the performance of cyberpunk like on chromecast? I tried on pc, but my pc is far away from network hub, and connects using ethernet connected to a wireless extender. Performance looked decent, but it's work pc and work keyboard/trackball, so wasn't easiest to play with...

dulpit wrote: »
    Still waiting on mine. Tracking says its in Dublin and was sent to wrong depot twice, so assuming it won't be here until next week at earliest now.

For those who got it, how's the performance of cyberpunk like on chromecast? I tried on pc, but my pc is far away from network hub, and connects using ethernet connected to a wireless extender. Performance looked decent, but it's work pc and work keyboard/trackball, so wasn't easiest to play with...

In my experience, it works very, very good. I had a few minor stutters, but I'm nearly sure that it was just my internet acting up.

Apart from that, there were a few bugs and glitches, but nothing major to happen the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tomfoolery60

drver1 wrote: »
    Missed out on the offer, but ordered anyway, won't be buying a Xbox Series X after using this for a few hours. So good

Sounds like Xbox's game pass service might offer something similar down the line too: https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/23/21529925/xbox-tv-streaming-stick-xcloud-cloud-gaming-phil-spencer-interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Sounds like Xbox's game pass service might offer something similar down the line too: https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/23/21529925/xbox-tv-streaming-stick-xcloud-cloud-gaming-phil-spencer-interview

It already does on android and some titles can be played on PC

Has anyone had any issues in receiving their order for this? My original order had delivery date of 11th - 12th January, but was dispatched on 18th December. Was supposed to be delivered by 22nd, but the tracking went awry. I chased with DHL as the courier who told me the worst thing possible for a delivery - it was handed over to Fastway for local delivery, DHL just get it to Ireland.

Fastway helpfully sent the parcel to a South West depot and a Dublin depot (I'm in Cork) before saying the parcel was lost. They then sent an auto-update to say the item is now marked as return to sender. Their customer service is useless.

I have been in touch with Google directly via email. They initially told me that I needed to wait until 12th January, as this was original delivery date (even though I had already been told by Fastway at this point that parcel was lost). I got back in touch with them after Fastway advised it's return to sender, Google replied to advise that the item was delivered and didn't offer any sort of apology or solution.

I've tried to get Google to sort a callback, but that fails, so I'm kind of left without any real avenue other than more emails. Frustrating isn't the word. I've not had a proper chance to use Stadia as a result (my computer is a work machine, connects to VPN/etc, and I need the controller to get any benefit on phone). The Stadia pro trial was a complete waste as a result.

Advertisement