Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Monese Mastercard + €15 credit

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gmisk wrote: »
    Does it have to be an online transaction or can I just tap pay for something in a shop?

I paid for something in a shop. I didn't tap though, it was a normal chip and pin transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I just topped up my card and sent amount to my Revolut to count as a transaction!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I just topped up my card and sent amount to my Revolut to count as a transaction!

you have to do a card transaction afaik !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Is anyone going to keep the account going after getting the free €15? I can see any reason for using it. I have far too many fintec accounts as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

McGaggs wrote: »
    Is anyone going to keep the account going after getting the free €15? I can see any reason for using it. I have far too many fintec accounts as it is.

You mean accounts with neobanks 😉😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

McGaggs wrote: »

I'll keep the card but I'll continue using revolut as my day to day card. Best of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They'll all probably partner with different companies for marketing and offer benefits or discounts.
    I will use my Monese for Paypal payments.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Got my €15 for doing an online transaction so all good

How long after the transaction did you receive the €15?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Looks like you can't add credit card.

It is a bummer as with Revolut I topu up when I need to use it.

Tom

Looks like you can't add credit card.

It is a bummer as with Revolut I topu up when I need to use it.

Tom

I added my revolut card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Where do you enter the code? I set up account and tried to enter it in the promotions tab (on left side when you open profile icon). I just get an error message saying its invalid. Wondering now if i missed an earlier step where I should have entered it?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bliger

Topped up my Revolut and got 15 back

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I signed up last weekend & got a message to say automatic verification had failed. It said they'd manually check my details & that it usually takes 1 business day & that I'd get a notification when verified.
    It still not verified & I haven't heard anything since, anyone else have this issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I just tried to sign up but when I open the app it's asking for a temporary password, where do I find this?

Also texts from Monese don't seem to be coming through to my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Also texts from Monese don't seem to be coming through to my phone

I can't get the verify phone number too, what network are you?

timple23 wrote: »
    I can't get the verify phone number too, what network are you?

Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

i topped up my monese with 10e from my revolut, sent that 10e back then to my revolut via iban

will this work to get the 15e credit from monese?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Doesnt allow me to use it on the phone for tap payments. My Mastercard credit card doesnt either. Is it a Mastercard thing with google pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Doesnt allow me to use it on the phone for tap payments. My Mastercard credit card doesnt either. Is it a Mastercard thing with google pay?

Nope. My Revolut mastercard works fine with google pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

_dof_ wrote: »
    Nope. My Revolut mastercard works fine with google pay.

Mine to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I signed up in 5 mins on Friday all good.
    Attempted to sign up my wife on Friday and its still processing her video.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

kceire wrote: »
    I signed up in 5 mins on Friday all good.
    Attempted to sign up my wife on Friday and its still processing her video.

One of my friends is also having problem with processing his video since yesterday evening, whereas my account was sorted in 5 minutes a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Afaik it's only available in the UK currently for Gpay. Possibly available for Apple Pay in Ireland alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Afaik it's only available in the UK currently for Gpay. Possibly available for Apple Pay in Ireland alright.

Google pay works for me

I had trouble with safetynet. I have my phone rooted, Revolut and N26 work, but only got around to activating this yesterday. I have Magisk with Monese selected in Magisk Hide, rebooted and reinstalled it.. :confused:
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I'll have another look later when I get more time, but I can't figure out what is stopping it.

Suckit wrote: »
    I had trouble with safetynet. I have my phone rooted, Revolut and N26 work, but only got around to activating this yesterday. I have Magisk with Monese selected in Magisk Hide, rebooted and reinstalled it.. :confused:
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I'll have another look later when I get more time, but I can't figure out what is stopping it.

I have a xiaomi mi 8 rooted with magisk installed and can use monese no problem

I have a xiaomi mi 8 rooted with magisk installed and can use monese no problem

Yeah, I couldn't really get to see it today as I was mad busy all day, I will have another go when I get home. It could be the rom, I might reinstall it, nothing on it anyway. But it's weird that the other two work without any issue. :confused:
    Thanks, I will try again later.

Yeah, I couldn't really get to see it today as I was mad busy all day, I will have another go when I get home. It could be the rom, I might reinstall it, nothing on it anyway. But it's weird that the other two work without any issue. :confused:
    Thanks, I will try again later.

It could indeed be the ROM

As I mentioned above I have magisk installed but I am not even using magisk hide and all my banking apps work.

Tested on Siberia Project ROM, LOS16 and Pixel experience :)

It could indeed be the ROM

As I mentioned above I have magisk installed but I am not even using magisk hide and all my banking apps work.

Tested on Siberia Project ROM, LOS16 and Pixel experience :)
    Can you get iCard app to work without magisk hide? (Not got it, but downloaded the app to look at the VCC but couldn't open that either)

• Advertisement

Can you get iCard app to work without magisk hide? (Not got it, but downloaded the app to look at the VCC but couldn't open that either)

Just tried this for you

For icard, I had to use magisk hide but then it works

Advertisement