Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast keeps disconnecting

• 04-09-2020 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I have a chromecast for years and it has all worked fine.

I recently changed to a new vodafone gigabit service. Since then the chromecast sees to keep disconnecting. Every time I turn TV on I get a message saying
    Reconnect me
    Chromecast can't connect to wifi etc.... see image below for example.

If I open the home app - I can see the device but do nothing with it. The solution is to kill the power to the chromecast and turn it back on and suddenly everything is perfect again.

Any ideas/solutions please?

BdTj7o6d0l2T0r64pVE-4tfaFEgODHqj7qNfmWUSxO0hUKVz7xTVY9NFceI1jaIS76I=w500

7568732?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BigGpu380

Is it possible there's too many devices on the same connection and it's booting it off? That'd be my immediate guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

BigGpu380 wrote: »
    Is it possible there's too many devices on the same connection and it's booting it off? That'd be my immediate guess.

I since found the problem. The new Gigabit Broadband was broadcasting over 5ghz and the chromecast was unable to cope.

I disabled the 5ghz and everything working again! :)

Advertisement