Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New housing in Sligo town

• 15-09-2020 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Does anyone have any additional information on the new Farmhill manor Housing estate on the Strandhill road.
    I have looked at the Sligo coco plans so have the layout and number and types of properties but there is very little information on price or in what order they will be built.

Is there any other housing developments planned for Sligo town in the near future?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

You can register on https://farmhillmanor.ie/
    It has pricing info & house types etc.

DNG are the selling agents.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LeHbob

BronsonTB wrote: »
    You can register on https://farmhillmanor.ie/
    It has pricing info & house types etc.

DNG are the selling agents.

Thanks, I have registered interest but there are no specifics in terms of what house will cost what or when they are likely to be built

I think the 3 bed semi's were starting at 298k. They are working away on the showhouse so I'd imaging completion sometime in the new year.

Showhouse is now finished & available for viewings.

Will some of these houses at farmhill manor be for social housing
    Not sure what the threshold or criteria is for providing social housing but it's a small enough development in that first phase.

• Advertisement

Big money for those houses, why would the council buy them? Get cheaper else where

Answering your own question? :pac:

Not sure if every development has to allow for social housing in some way these days....I know the rules were looked at but since new estate builds in Sligo are rare....only seller & council would know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Answering your own question? :pac:

Not sure if every development has to allow for social housing in some way these days....I know the rules were looked at but since new estate builds in Sligo are rare....only seller & council would know for sure.

devepopers must give 20% of the houses in the estate to council at cost price

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lenny lynch

Sligored wrote: »
    devepopers must give 20% of the houses in the estate to council at cost price

20%?? Thought that was rejected a couple of years ago and they kept it at 10%

Advertisement