Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

Voge Mia is now sitting in Greenore with the mystery vessel just off shore. Beginning to think it's a glitch on Marine Traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

Interesting one off the coast of Wexford just now (heading north) - no name, instead numbered 216 636092603, Cargo Major Hazard A.

Showing Foynes to Busan, South Korea.

Any ideas?

According to the classification the number 2 at the start of the above number means that she is a "Wing in Ground Effect Vessel", a very low flying type of seaplane. Maybe something like this...https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2015/04/wing-in-ground-effect-plane-from-south.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

2 Thun tankers been anchored off bray the last day or two. No destination given in marine traffic just says waiting orders. Oil effect starting to kick in with lack of demand

20200424-113836.jpg

And, as if on cue, Thun Globe leaves for Whitegate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

BG Jade has a funny track this eve? Weather ? Re routing?

Elbfeeder also funny but looks more weather related.

currently anchored off Portmarnock beach, seems closer than indicated on map

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:379238/mmsi:304138000/imo:9006382/vessel:MY_MELODY

Rough night out west when you see the amount of Spanish in bantry bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like someone rang the bell in Killybegs this evening, pelagic fleet is on the move.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-8.7/centery:54.5/zoom:11

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Anyone know what the Tomore is doing in Dublin bay, the last few weeks?

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:3403944/zoom:10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

I see a ship called Vegas Vela sitting off Bray for days but looks to have tens of containers stacked on it. Marine Traffic says destination Izmit in Turkey by 25th Dec. Would that mean just empty containers being moved somewhere? If not, why just sit there loaded?

g0g wrote: »
    I see a ship called Vegas Vela sitting off Bray for days but looks to have tens of containers stacked on it. Marine Traffic says destination Izmit in Turkey by 25th Dec. Would that mean just empty containers being moved somewhere? If not, why just sit there loaded?

shes on the move now doing 16.8 knots off wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

WB Yeats on some kind of a tour of east coast this morning? Off Lambay now...
    https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-5.9/centery:53.6/zoom:10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I think there's no space in Dublin port so have to get out and about to let the others in. With so little regular passenger use of the commercial ferries I completely understand they're at a bit of a loss of what to do.

537250.png

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Two lovely Ro-Ro's off Greystones (very close to shore) today...Amandine and Palatine, registered in Malta, destination Dublin.

537252.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=537253&d=1609021765

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Russian freighter travelling down the Irish sea off Drogheda on is way from Arckangel in Russia to Alexandria in Egypt

Screenshot-20201227-213315-Marine-Traffic.jpg
    Screenshot-20201227-213852-Marine-Traffic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭embraer170

I think there's no space in Dublin port so have to get out and about to let the others in. With so little regular passenger use of the commercial ferries I completely understand they're at a bit of a loss of what to do.

537250.png

The Epsilon was cruising south of Dublin for a few days. What a waste of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

neris wrote: »
    Russian freighter travelling down the Irish sea off Drogheda on is way from Arckangel in Russia to Alexandria in Egypt

Screenshot-20201227-213315-Marine-Traffic.jpg
    Screenshot-20201227-213852-Marine-Traffic.jpg
    I wonder did they have turkey for xmas dinner?:cool:

roundymac wrote: »
    I wonder did they have turkey for xmas dinner?:cool:

They're either not in a rush or trying to avoid storms further in cox they're close to the south coast now and inshore compared to where they should be going

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

This is interesting, the standby vessel Lundy Sentinel appears to be steaming up and down off the east and south coast on "EU FISHERY PATROL"

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:995715/mmsi:255806216/imo:9696668/vessel:LUNDY_SENTINEL

Has the INS had to quietly outsource some work due to shortages?

Well spotted, it would seem your suggestion is correct

https://www.efca.europa.eu/en/content/chartered-means

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

The Rescue 117 crew also spotted her and gained permission from her skipper for some winching practice yesterday.

Two taking shelter off North Dublin behind Irelans Eye & Lambay. Boat off Ireland's Eye heading into Dublin and Lambay heading to Drogheda

Screenshot-20210213-163754-Marine-Traffic.jpg

Its out there................ in the garden. Someones left the AIS in their rib on

Screenshot-20210216-113151-Marine-Traffic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Maybe it's an alias for Knightboat.

Knightboat.png

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

neris wrote: »
    Its out there................ in the garden. Someones left the AIS in their rib on

Screenshot-20210216-113151-Marine-Traffic.jpg

A good way to have it stolen!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

RadioRetro wrote: »
    The Rescue 117 crew also spotted her and gained permission from her skipper for some winching practice yesterday.

When I used to sail out of Kilrush it was like running a blockade if you were trying to go somewhere meaning sailing out on a week day when traffic was scarce and the Helo appeared. They spent a lot of training time latching on to boats for a bit of winching practice. Of course you couldn't say no and unfortunately I was never on the boat when it happened. Great fun to see but seriously useful to have had the experience in the event of needing it for real. I've been under the Sikorskys in SAR efforts and nothing quite prepares you for the sheer size of the bird and power of the downdraught!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Daibheid wrote: »
    When I used to sail out of Kilrush it was like running a blockade if you were trying to go somewhere meaning sailing out on a week day when traffic was scarce and the Helo appeared. They spent a lot of training time latching on to boats for a bit of winching practice. Of course you couldn't say no and unfortunately I was never on the boat when it happened. Great fun to see but seriously useful to have had the experience in the event of needing it for real. I've been under the Sikorskys in SAR efforts and nothing quite prepares you for the sheer size of the bird and power of the downdraught!

SOP here in the South East is Rosslare CG radio will call up the vessel selected a couple of hours ahead of R117's arrival to ask permission for the exercise, of course whilst out on other flights they may call up themselves upon spotting a suitable vessel.

• Advertisement

Daibheid wrote: »

Have done a lot of work in Ireland on vessels and done a rake of coastguard exercises. You can't say no. Great people and great experience to have as you say in event of a real emergency.

Advertisement