Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Changing dentist mid implant treatment

• 04-11-2020 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all

I'm in a bit of an awkward situation. Just got a dental implant 2 weeks ago and due to go back for the abutment and crown fitting in January. However my circumstances have changed and we have to move abroad due to work.

I was planning to come back to complete the treatment but I did not realise the final phase spans over a few visits. My dental clinic has indicated it's around a month between X-ray check up and the lab work for the crown etc. Adding 2 weeks beforehand for self isolation due to Covid, this is a lot more time and hassle that I had planned for.

So I'm wondering if I could finish the treatment abroad or if it would be a bit risky. It is actually a separate prosthodontist who is doing the implant crown in Ireland anyway, just she works in the same clinic as the periodontist who placed the implant. My partner is fluent in the language so can help with finding a reputable dentist and translate if necessary. It probably will be cheaper which is a plus and it's not really a dental tourism situation as we will be living there so are close by if there are follow up issues. Just wondering if anyone else has done this before or if they know my records could be sent abroad?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i don't think there would be an issue with it, as long as the person who placed the implant is happy with that work.
    you will need to find out the brand of implant used, as there's a lot on the market and then find a dentist that uses that brand.

Advertisement