Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nice suit for a middle aged man

• 25-08-2019 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

I've been told my wedding suit (2006) is looking a little dated now & it's been decided that I need to update.

I've a few events coming up soon & apparently need something that won't shame the Missus.

I'm 51 years old, chest 40", waist 32", height 5'9".

Budget would be 150 or so as I hardly ever wear a suit. I'd like something classy, 3-piece & sober coloured.

Many thanks for any kind of advise on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Hi All.

I've been told my wedding suit (2006) is looking a little dated now & it's been decided that I need to update.

I've a few events coming up soon & apparently need something that won't shame the Missus.
    I'm 51 years old, chest 40", waist 32", height 5'9".

Budget would be 150 or so as I hardly ever wear a suit. I'd like something classy, 3-piece & sober coloured.

Many thanks for any kind of advise on this.
    While €150 suits can be nice (Iv a good few) I’d suggest upping your budget if your hoping to knock another 15 years out of this one! Suits at that price range are grand but I find 5 or 6 wears and they start to look tired!
    Double your budget, get a decent branded suit and it will last you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Tamara tamara

Would you hire one?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Would you hire one?

A new missus??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

TheBully wrote: »
    While €150 suits can be nice (Iv a good few) I’d suggest upping your budget if your hoping to knock another 15 years out of this one! Suits at that price range are grand but I find 5 or 6 wears and they start to look tired!
    Double your budget, get a decent branded suit and it will last you

The suit I have now was made to measure & I'd be happy to keep on wearing it.

However SWIMBO has decreed that it is now time for a change.

5 or 6 wears would do me for at least a couple of years...

I'd up the budget for something really nice though.

Would you hire one?

Nah, prefer to buy something nice.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Tamara tamara

A new missus??

A new suit is waaaay cheaper.

A new missus??

No, I've gotten sort of used to her over the years.

A young wan would wear me out in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I like penthouse in Liffey Valley. Good service and suits for the price, probably under €250. At €150 I feel like your only option would be a Dunne's Value suit, maybe something cheaper in M&S or Next. You can actually get some nice suits in Penney's for under €100 but they are more of a wear until they get dirty and bin them situation.

GarIT wrote: »
    I like penthouse in Liffey Valley. Good service and suits for the price, probably under €250. At €150 I feel like your only option would be a Dunne's Value suit, maybe something cheaper in M&S or Next. You can actually get some nice suits in Penney's for under €100 but they are more of a wear until they get dirty and bin them situation.

Cool. I'll have a look at their websites.

I'm reluctant to spend much, as I wouldn't get much wear out of it.

Fashion is a bit of a bitch really...

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

Double your budget and get a decent suit.

Galvins in tullamore will sort you out.
    Can check online like charles thryyit - cant speak for their suits but the shirts are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

TM Lewins are very good. Not too expensive and they'll alter the suit free of charge.

Advertisement