Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where in Ireland can i dig for quartz amethyst or citrine ?

• 14-06-2019 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Where could i dig for any type of common crystal in Ireland preferably near to carlow ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Curious as to why you want these rocks?

My father dug a road up the mountain many years ago and cut through a vein of Quartz, enormous quantities.

Actually have had geologists taking samples of the quartz looking for gold in pyrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭wsa30h

its a hobby where did your father cut through the quartz vein ?

It's in North Sligo. Well I suppose the vein is deep down in the earth but the road he made, in places is just a sheet of quartz peddles with the occasion big rock. On neighbors land further up the mountain I have seen a few enormous quartz boulders.

It's in North Sligo. Well I suppose the vein is deep down in the earth but the road he made, in places is just a sheet of quartz peddles with the occasion big rock. On neighbors land further up the mountain I have seen a few enormous quartz boulders.

Advertisement