Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hip Hip Gigs 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

According to the Academy website, Talib Kweli is doing a gig in November. The Souls of Mischief (lads who made 93 Till Infinity) are doing a show in the Sugar Club soon too.

himself and mos def are touring as black star again . i'd love to see that

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Talib Kweli is not great live, I'd only go to see him if he was on stage with Yasin Bey :)

I thought Kweli was good in Tripod. Can't remember exactly when, maybe 2010ish. Certainly better than Mos was in Vicar St a few years back, thought that was awful. He had Wild Style playing on a screen in the background and that was far more interesting.

Saw them together in London a few years back too. Was good, not as great as I had expected. My tastes have moved on a lot from when I used to listen to these guys though, so maybe that's it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Bishop Nehru - Sugar Club - 9th August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hiphophead2003

50 Cent, 3 arena 22nd September. Tickets better not be super expensive lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

The Streets have announced more dates in the UK that go on sale tomorrow. I'd recommend anyone interested to go as they were fantastic in the Olympia. Also possible they might add on a few Ireland dates too. Hope to get to the Brixton show.

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    The Streets have announced more dates in the UK that go on sale tomorrow. I'd recommend anyone interested to go as they were fantastic in the Olympia. Also possible they might add on a few Ireland dates too. Hope to get to the Brixton show.

Defo going if they come here again, missed them both nights. Heard Mike dived off the balcony into the crowd, the madman.

Defo going if they come here again, missed them both nights. Heard Mike dived off the balcony into the crowd, the madman.

Two stage dives. One from the stage and one from the balcony.

I got tickets for Brixton today. I noticed they've added a few dates today.

Two stage dives. One from the stage and one from the balcony.

I got tickets for Brixton today. I noticed they've added a few dates today.

Dope, fingers crossed

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Joyner Lucas - Button Factory - 24th August

Joyner Lucas - Button Factory - 24th August

He'd definitely be interesting. Not a big fan of his actual music but he's a talented guy for sure.

• Advertisement

He'd definitely be interesting. Not a big fan of his actual music but he's a talented guy for sure.

His album from last year is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Nicki Minaj and Future March 15th, 2019 3 arena

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

peteeeed wrote: »
    Nicki Minaj and Future March 15th, 2019 3 arena

Saw that, not sure how I feel about it. Would like to see Future again, but no interest in Nicki at all. Don't like the venue either.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

GZA performing Liquid Swords at Sugarclub end of August. Nice!

http://www.thesugarclub.com/listings/event/the-gza-aka-the-genius-wu-tang

Ironman76 wrote: »

This is possibly the greatest thing ever.

Immortal Technique + Chino XL + Posion Pen
    Sugar Club - 25th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Everlast - Sugar Club September 30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Sugar Club killin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Cant wait, liquid swords in full.

Denzel Curry - The Academy 18 Dec 2018

link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Great gig. A lot of smaller shows can live or die based on the crowd and last night everyone was turnt up.

Makaveli wrote: »
    Great gig. A lot of smaller shows can live or die based on the crowd and last night everyone was turnt up.

Great show. Yeah the crowd was super hyped for this.

Was a little disappointed 4th Chamber was cut off after what seemed a minute. Even at the Ghostface gig it went on for a bit. (probably because Ghost opens the song I guess).

A "Cuban Linx" show would be brilliant if the Chef was up for it.

Pity we didnt arrange a boards meetup. Maybe next time.

Makaveli wrote: »

Heading in tonight, cant wait

Enjoy lads I was planning on being at GZA but my mate had to cancel.

Take pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Enjoy lads I was planning on being at GZA but my mate had to cancel.

Take pics!

could you not go on your own?:confused:

pgj2015 wrote: »

I went with a mate but he stayed up the back having pints. So spent the whole gig up the front on my own. Id never miss a gig if someone let me down.

Once the main act starts doesn't make a whole lot of difference if youre there with a group or on your todd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

evil_seed wrote: »
    Everlast - Sugar Club September 30

2nd date added

pgj2015 wrote: »

It's a bit of a trek as I live in Belfast. If it was a bit more local I might have gone .

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

I went with a mate but he stayed up the back having pints. So spent the whole gig up the front on my own. Id never miss a gig if someone let me down.

Once the main act starts doesn't make a whole lot of difference if youre there with a group or on your todd.

Exact same thing happened me when Ghostface came to Limerick last year, can't miss Wu-Tang legends just because your mate is more interested in getting pissed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement