Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,974 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    € :cool:

:eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Prolonged hiccups.
    BOO! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

New Home wrote: »
    BOO! :eek:

30 minutes now, you're not scaring me New Home!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I got a new laptop and control alt 4 doesn't give a euro symbol. Have to figure out where it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for people not using their lights today while driving (especially on the motorway). Just because you think it's bright enough to see without lights doesn't mean everyone else can see you - especially with the heavy rain and water on the road.

Idiots :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I got a new laptop and control alt 4 doesn't give a euro symbol. Have to figure out where it is

try AltGr 4

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or make sure the keyboard is set to Irish. Or check the unicode on the character map. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,174 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Setting up the new AIB verification that you need to sign into your account!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Getting the horn at inappropriate times.
    And wearing trousers when it happens, no hiding that bad boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

cjmc wrote: »
    Getting the horn at inappropriate times.
    And wearing trousers when it happens, no hiding that bad boy.

Be harder to hide without the “trousers”, in fairness.

But, here’s a tip, tuck it up under your belt/waistband. To quote the film Superbad, ‘it hides it and it feels awesome’.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Easier to hide in a skirt maybe? I don't want to cast aspersions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When you are eating a burger and with every bite you take it slides further out of the opposite side of the bun.

Setting up the new AIB verification that you need to sign into your account!

yeah - what the hell is that about? I don't have one of those stupid card readers. AIB are always doing this kind of thing - does my head in :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

BOI banking 'app' being a loada muck, the AIB app was way better! I never knew how much I missed a quick "check balance" button until using the BOI app.

My car has that "Stop and Start" functionality thingy, which I find great. However, it does not have a CD player. "What has the latter got to do with the former?", I hear you ask. Not much, if it weren't for the fact that I had to transfer my CDs onto a memory card and that I have to use that instead. "So?", you still wonder. Well, every time the car stops for a minute or thereabouts, when I press the clutch and the engine starts again the media player switches to the next song. It's incredibly annoying! And no, I haven't pressed on one of the commands on the steering wheel by accident. This happens regularly. I'll have to get the dealer to look at it. Which brings me to my second TA: to do that, I'll have to take a day off work, dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Getting to the kettle and finding it empty. Why always me and all the time?

People out running and jogging who CONSTANTLY check their wrist to see their time!! I live in an area full of runners and I've observed this a lot. Its seems to be every couple of seconds or at least a few times a minute?
    I'm convinced its a runners anxiety thing or some form of OCD.

I thought exercise was meant to be good for you, runners seems constantly stressed about their "time", its written all over their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

New Home wrote: »
    My car has that "Stop and Start" functionality thingy, which I find great. However, it does not have a CD player. "What has the latter got to do with the former?", I hear you ask. Not much, if it weren't for the fact that I had to transfer my CDs onto a memory card and that I have to use that instead. "So?", you still wonder. Well, every time the car stops for a minute or thereabouts, when I press the clutch and the engine starts again the media player switches to the next song. It's incredibly annoying! And no, I haven't pressed on one of the commands on the steering wheel by accident. This happens regularly. I'll have to get the dealer to look at it. Which brings me to my second TA: to do that, I'll have to take a day off work, dammit!

Post in the motor thread, there maybe a quick solution!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When someone hangs up the house phone on conversation just before me, a voice keeps telling me " you've been placed on hold". No I haven't, they've hung up ! Just go back to a dial tone FFS

• Advertisement

People out running and jogging who CONSTANTLY check their wrist to see their time!! I live in an area full of runners and I've observed this a lot. Its seems to be every couple of seconds or at least a few times a minute?
    I'm convinced its a runners anxiety thing or some form of OCD.

I thought exercise was meant to be good for you, runners seems constantly stressed about their "time", its written all over their faces.

Well (I am a runner), there is a few things possibly going on here such checking your time (as you mention) but there are other factors that running watches will show:-

a. Checking your pace per mile/km- you may be trying to keep to a certain pace along a certain section

b. Heart rate- again you may be trying to keep in a certain range
    c. Trying to hit a certain amount of distance in the run

But yes there is a danger of checking it too much. It is probably more inexperienced runners who are slaves to their GPS. After you a few years you generally couldn't be bothered and just 'run to feel' and analysis the stats at home afterwards.

The glitch. Damn you, glitch!!

Well (I am a runner), there is a few things possibly going on here such checking your time (as you mention) but there are other factors that running watches will show:-

a. Checking your pace per mile/km- you may be trying to keep to a certain pace along a certain section

b. Heart rate- again you may be trying to keep in a certain range
    c. Trying to hit a certain amount of distance in the run

But yes there is a danger of checking it too much. It is probably more inexperienced runners who are slaves to their GPS. After you a few years you generally couldn't be bothered and just 'run to feel' and analysis the stats at home afterwards.

I run myself a bit but with no gadgets, fitbits etc. I know I could probably trying to hit personal bests, increase my distance etc but I just run to feel better, breathe better, get my heart working. I don't need the stress of constantly checking devices as I run. In fact I run to get away from them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,174 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

yeah - what the hell is that about? I don't have one of those stupid card readers. AIB are always doing this kind of thing - does my head in :mad::mad:

If you are having trouble with it you have to delete the app and reinstall it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Let this day go back to the firey chasm from whence it came!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Maybe this belongs in the rugby forum but one thing that grinds my gears in the run up to the World Cup starting in a couple of weeks is the nickname of the Japanese team: The Brave Blossoms.

WTF?

Japan produced one of the great upsets in the last World Cup by defeating South Africa and they get lumbered with a nickname that sounds like a brand name for toilet paper!!!

Hate it.

Change it lads. You deserve better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Getting to the kettle and finding it empty. Why always me and all the time?

The kettle should always be empty when you go to use it.

Fresh water makes better tea/coffee. And why waste the electricity needed to boil a full kettle when you only want one cup?

Which brings me to my kettle-related TA: Son always uses too much water when making a hot drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The kettle should always be empty when you go to use it.

Fresh water makes better tea/coffee. And why waste the electricity needed to boil a full kettle when you only want one cup?

Which brings me to my kettle-related TA: Son always uses too much water when making a hot drink!

Yeah but if half your tea break goes waiting on the kettle to boil, it's very annoying.

In my experience it's always the same people in any office that don't refill it.

I run myself a bit but with no gadgets, fitbits etc. I know I could probably trying to hit personal bests, increase my distance etc but I just run to feel better, breathe better, get my heart working. I don't need the stress of constantly checking devices as I run. In fact I run to get away from them ;)

On the subject of gadgets, I can't get over people who run with their phones and then fiddle around with ear pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Yeah but if half your tea break goes waiting on the kettle to boil, it's very annoying.

In my experience it's always the same people in any office that don't refill it.

Ah sorry Princess, I assumed you were talking about home. I can see why this would be a TA in work. My solution to your problem is simply to take longer tea breaks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement