Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testicular pain

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Was back in with the Urologist team in UHL yesterday.

Its the 1st time in many years of dealing with the Irish Health Service across multiple specialties that has left me completely disheartened.

I've been suffering fairly extreme bouts of pain related to a thrombosed varicocele and associated renal colic.
    I do have good days and bad days, but when I'm active every day is a bad day.

So in June after an admission, I was discharged with an "urgent" low dose CT scan booked.
    3 months later, no scan still and the recent consultation was really a waste of my and the doctors time.
    At a consultation in the Public system the doctor told me I could be waiting 18 months or more on a range of opiod and nueropathic meds before any surgical intervention is made.
    He gave me contact details for a private colleague and recommended I go private.

I've got private health insurance luckily enough, but what is the point in allowing not just a 2 tier system to develop?
    But to be actually fuelled by publically employed Drs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I'm still waiting on a 4 year waiting list but thats not the main list thats the waiting list to get onto the paper list to see a consultant. Luckily fixed the worst of it with help from my Doctor and Mr Google :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Recently visited my GP due to a dull ache around my left abdomen and left testicle. It's been persistent for two weeks now and generally gets worse during the night with sharp pains in my left nut.

Currently waiting for a CT scan on my kidney and an Ultrasound on my testicle.

I'm hoping it's kidney stones but the more I read the more I worry about it being testicular torsion. GP had a look and didn't seem to think that was the case but the left testicle is definitely raised higher than the right (more than it used to).

Half expecting to need a visit to A&E one of these days :-(

If anyone has any any recommendations a PM would be much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Recently visited my GP due to a dull ache around my left abdomen and left testicle. It's been persistent for two weeks now and generally gets worse during the night with sharp pains in my left nut.

Currently waiting for a CT scan on my kidney and an Ultrasound on my testicle.

I'm hoping it's kidney stones but the more I read the more I worry about it being testicular torsion. GP had a look and didn't seem to think that was the case but the left testicle is definitely raised higher than the right (more than it used to).

Half expecting to need a visit to A&E one of these days :-(

If anyone has any any recommendations a PM would be much appreciated

My money is on nothing will show up and no one will be any the wiser after the tests. The Ultrasound might show up a few nodules or some such but seems to be quite normal and doesn't really account for the pain.

But just in case you do need to have the tests in case it is something serious that is diagnosable.

Main thing is not to worry about it. It really is much more common that you'd think.

I got to a stage where the pain was so bad that I had to get larger underpants because any pressure at all on my balls was bl00dy painful.

If you get prescribed antibiotics then get on to the doctor and make sure you get an extra long prescription for at least 2 weeks anything less had no effect on me.

Advertisement