Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone fancy doing an AMA?

• 11-06-2017 11:53pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭

In a wholly original idea definitely not nicked from elsewhere on this site, I thought it might be worth a go. Basically, does anyone amongst the noble tGC regulars fancies being put on the hot seat and questioned? If so, just drop a post on this thread and I'll alter the title as we change members should there be sufficient interest.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Yeah, I'd be interested in doing it. It sounds like fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yeah, I'd be interested in doing it. It sounds like fun.

Cheers Jack! You're up!

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm up for this, can be good craic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Good man. I'll pop you up once Jack is done otherwise the whole front page will be AMA's.

H. H. Asquith

Anyone else interested?

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Ah, sure… feck it. I'll do it.

Ah, sure… feck it. I'll do it.

You asked for it!

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Not a very regular poster but I'll volunteer if there's any interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Nice idea, assuming the mods have to do one each....to rally the troops and all that?

I'll do one too sure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

D'Agger wrote: »
    assuming the mods have to do one each....

The cheek!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nice idea. Feel free to throw me down for one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'll throw my hat in the ring.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Fook it, I'll give it a whirl.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Is it for men only?

:p

Is it for men only?

:p

Not at all.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Should be good craic, I'll give it a go too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I too shall volunteer for the Gimp suit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm more of a lurker in here, so put me on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If anyone's intersted I'm happy to put my hat in the ring.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Me too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

You can stick me down too, although who knows if my musings are of interest.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I'll do one

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I'll do one

I'll stick one up soon.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Doffer

why not - count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Zombie thread. Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Ok then Doffer

If I measure one of my feet and it is less than 12 inches, can it still be considered a foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Doffer

Yes. And if by some fluke of nature your other one is >12inches I would also call it a foot

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hermes Trismegistus

Sign me up sure.

EDIT: Think I'm a tad late...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement